ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Minnesota man who killed teens in break-in charged with murder (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267133)

Rain Man 02-06-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9383618)
This part is a little alarming.

It seems like a kid like that would be handy if you're a criminal.

Rain Man 02-06-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9383582)
*note to self: stay away from rain man's house*

(Staring at unlurking while sharpening knife on a razor strop.)

bowener 02-06-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9383618)
This part is a little alarming.

No shit! He keeps a child on hand to siphon gas for him. One ****ed fugger.

Aries Walker 02-06-2013 09:11 PM

Shooting two unarmed kids who are breaking into your house again is possibly defensible in court, but executing them while they lie helpless on the floor is not. The kids were delinquents and crooks and bad people all around, but by the time they had a few bullets in them, they were no longer a threat to the guy. He blew their brains out anyway.

He's a sick twisted murderer and should go to jail forever.

Xanathol 02-07-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9383687)
Shooting two unarmed kids who are breaking into your house again is possibly defensible in court, but executing them while they lie helpless on the floor is not. The kids were delinquents and crooks and bad people all around, but by the time they had a few bullets in them, they were no longer a threat to the guy. He blew their brains out anyway.

He's a sick twisted murderer and should go to jail forever.

Because the justice system did such a good job in the prior incidents to make sure they didn't do it again... Chances are in the state of things today, if he didn't kill them, they not only aren't arrested but file suit against him for harming them and take his belongings through another screwed up liberal court system...

If you decide to inflict a crime on someone, **** "your rights" - you just forfeited them and get what you deserve, as these piece of shit teenagers did. The man should get an award for removing them from society instead of a court date.

teedubya 02-07-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Neither teen was armed. And in the minutes after the shootings, Smith dragged the bodies into a workshop, where they remained until a neighbor called police the next day.
I think this is why he's going down.

fairladyZ 02-07-2013 01:52 AM

so he's in the wrong for killing them.

Except if he would have let them live and they come back and sue him for damages caused and inflicted for him shooting them the guy suffers even more.

this is why you shoot to kill, period. burglars have sued for less, falling on a kitchen knife during a burglary and so on.

shitty deal all around but the guy wasn't in the wrong. Only thing he should have handled different is calling the police right away.

Aries Walker 02-07-2013 05:08 AM

You can't execute someone because you're afraid they'll sue you if you don't. You also can't execute someone because you're afraid they'll rob your house again, even after you've already crippled them. You also can't blow a helpless person's head off. I mean, what the hell.

jspchief 02-07-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9384233)
You can't execute someone because you're afraid they'll sue you if you don't. You also can't execute someone because you're afraid they'll rob your house again, even after you've already crippled them. You also can't blow a helpless person's head off. I mean, what the hell.

You should be able to execute an intruder in your own home.

EagleRob 02-07-2013 05:25 AM

Two of the three sociopaths involved are dead. How bout the third?

Gravedigger 02-07-2013 05:41 AM

The funny thing is all of you who are standing up for him are taking him at his word, seeing as he's the only one left alive that could tell the story. If I'm a police officer, I'm thinking he killed these kids and then made up the bullshit story to cover it instead of trying to dispose of the bodies. Any man who is willing to say ,"I wanted him dead." is willing to do anything he can to kill him. Maybe this kid ****ed with his property in the past so he had a beef, but are you honestly believing him that the kid laughed as he stepped up to her and then bent down to execute her? You really think a person who has just been shot would laugh before the final bullet goes in? Bet money that the girl was begging for her life, if his story up until that point was true, and he put her out of her misery instead of trying to get her help. Sounds like a crazy old cooner who tried to fasten together a story that has more holes in it than Prometheus. The only way that kid laughed as she lied there dying on his basement floor is if she was high on some crazy ass shit and I've never seen a drug's effects that a teenager can get ahold of that would take the fear of death out of them.

BigMeatballDave 02-07-2013 05:43 AM

I think there is more to this.

BigMeatballDave 02-07-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9384235)

Yes, but not like this guy did.

Aries Walker 02-07-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9384235)

No, you should not. Threaten, attack, defeat, repel, neutralize, sure - but once that intruder is no longer a threat (say, because they're lying, bleeding on the floor from multiple gunshot wounds), you cannot gangland-style bullet-through-the-cranium execute anyone.

Gravedigger 02-07-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9384244)
No, you should not. Threaten, attack, defeat, repel, neutralize, sure - but once that intruder is no longer a threat (say, because they're lying, bleeding on the floor from multiple gunshot wounds), you cannot gangland-style bullet-through-the-cranium execute anyone.

And then admit to it boldly in front of the cops? Yeah, guys crazy as hell.