ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Will Sprint go bankrupt? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181472)

petegz28 03-12-2008 02:45 PM

The problem with Sprint has been arrogant leadership. Essrey was a joke. Forsee started off good then screwed the pooch badly. Hesse seems to talk the kind of talk that needs to be talked but we will see how well he walks the walk. Starting in 2001 Sprint was doing "reorganizations" every year. That is stupid in and of itself. The last few years we have just laid people off. But the problem is not the workers nor the size of the workforce. The problem is obvious, just watch the tv commercials. Verizon and AT&T actually pimp their service. Sprint has depressing commercials that are focused on a small group of people who use PDA's. The only problem with that and the problem Forsee refused to aknowledge was that MOST cell phone users don't have, want nor give a damn about being able to answer an e-mail on a $250 -$600 PDA when they can send text messages from their $19.99 phone just as easy.

MTG#10 03-12-2008 02:50 PM

I hope so. Bastards deserve it the way they treat their customers.

xbarretx 03-12-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4627615)
The problem with Sprint has been arrogant leadership. Essrey was a joke. Forsee started off good then screwed the pooch badly. Hesse seems to talk the kind of talk that needs to be talked but we will see how well he walks the walk. Starting in 2001 Sprint was doing "reorganizations" every year. That is stupid in and of itself. The last few years we have just laid people off. But the problem is not the workers nor the size of the workforce. The problem is obvious, just watch the tv commercials. Verizon and AT&T actually pimp their service. Sprint has depressing commercials that are focused on a small group of people who use PDA's. The only problem with that and the problem Forsee refused to aknowledge was that MOST cell phone users don't have, want nor give a damn about being able to answer an e-mail on a $250 -$600 PDA when they can send text messages from their $19.99 phone just as easy.

Pet, do you work for Sprint? if so wht dept? if you do you had better tell me that your MGMT. if not YOU HAD BETTER LIE TO ME. thats what this company needs #1 leadership (Hesse should do good) and #2 MGMT who gets it.

petegz28 03-12-2008 02:57 PM

Well unfortunately I am not in managment. I will say I along with every other employee have been screaming about the customer service for years and years. Essrey simply did not care. He was rich and above everyone else and he made sure you knew it. I think Foresee just got lost. But the corporate culture at Sprint is and very badly needs to change. Customer service starts at the top. So if the guy in charge don't give a shit it is hard to get everyone else too. I love my job and I think Sprint is the best provider, best network and best technology. They just don't know wtf to do with it. Too many bean counters got so fixated on quick fixes that it hurt the company even more. Sprint needs to start a marketing campaign that tells people "we've heard you and we are making things so good you will never want to be with anyone else but Sprint." Instead I get some depressing music while some lady sits on an airplane or some guy goes along the people-0mover in an airport. BRING BACK THE TRENCHCOAT GUY!

xbarretx 03-12-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4627628)
Well unfortunately I am not in managment. I will say I along with every other employee have been screaming about the customer service for years and years. Essrey simply did not care. He was rich and above everyone else and he made sure you knew it. I think Foresee just got lost. But the corporate culture at Sprint is and very badly needs to change. Customer service starts at the top. So if the guy in charge don't give a shit it is hard to get everyone else too. I love my job and I think Sprint is the best provider, best network and best technology. They just don't know wtf to do with it. Too many bean counters got so fixated on quick fixes that it hurt the company even more. Sprint needs to start a marketing campaign that tells people "we've heard you and we are making things so good you will never want to be with anyone else but Sprint." Instead I get some depressing music while some lady sits on an airplane or some guy goes along the people-0mover in an airport. BRING BACK THE TRENCHCOAT GUY!

QFT

indeed man!!! im a fellow Sprint'r, and a bud of mine has a boble head of that guy on his desk.. i crack up every time!

Sure-Oz 03-12-2008 02:59 PM

Sprint needs to give me my damn $80 refund

petegz28 03-12-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4627636)
Sprint needs to give me my damn $80 refund

What $80 refund?

Sure-Oz 03-12-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4627640)
What $80 refund?

My gf bought a phone from them like month's ago and i paid for it of course and they said an $80 refund on the phone would be sent within 6 weeks but never got it. We got online to check the status awhile after and it said it wasn't eligible or some crap. So just last week i got in touch with an old friend and she said she would look into since she worked for sprint and so do her sisters. All i kept hearing was that it took awhile to get them, im working on about 8 months now.:shake:
I bought her a black samsung thin ass phone from their store in liberty.

Sure-Oz 03-12-2008 03:05 PM

How do you like working at sprint guys?

petegz28 03-12-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4627630)
QFT

indeed man!!! im a fellow Sprint'r, and a bud of mine has a boble head of that guy on his desk.. i crack up every time!

That's just it. Look at the other company's commercials....one has the family sitting around talking in text lingo which is just too funny. The other has "can you hear me now?" and look at how much support you get when you come to us.

Sprint: depressing music, depressing scenes, dark, dreary and unappealing to most cell phone users.

And I have nto taken 1 marketing class in my life so if I can get that then someone's ass at the top better ****ing figure it out!

Sure-Oz 03-12-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4627648)
That's just it. Look at the other company's commercials....one has the family sitting around talking in text lingo which is just too funny. The other has "can you hear me now?" and look at how much support you get when you come to us.

Sprint: depressing music, depressing scenes, dark, dreary and unappealing to most cell phone users.

And I have nto taken 1 marketing class in my life so if I can get that then someone's ass at the top better ****ing figure it out!

Alot of companies have dumbasses at top unfortunetly. Makes me wonder how some people get the positions they do

xbarretx 03-12-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4627647)

i like it to be honest, however after 7 years im beginning to feel like going to college FULLTIME for the past 4 years and now starting my MBA isnt appreciated. the company overall had treated me well..thats why ive been here 7 years.

xbarretx 03-12-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4627648)

i kinda like that commercial with the guy who has the awesome beard and the mini clones.

petegz28 03-12-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4627647)

Actually I love my job. The downfall is when all the higher ups start trying to fix things themsevles instead of listening to their employees and customers. Sprint suffers from "if it's not my idea it's a bad one" when it comes to the executives. They go too much for what looks good on paper and disregard the reality of it all. That is changing finally and I think Hesse is leading the way. The new philosophy is "give people less reasons to call customer service". I think that is great! That means providing accurate billing statements and "hooking people up" when shit goes wrong.

I have never seen anyone dump a company for screwing up on their bill when the company apologized and "hooked them up" with free minutes or whatever. No one will walk away if you make up for your screw up. I think our former executivies never understood that. I hope the ones still here do get it.

xbarretx 03-12-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4627662)
Actually I love my job. The downfall is when all the higher ups start trying to fix things themsevles instead of listening to their employees and customers. Sprint suffers from "if it's not my idea it's a bad one" when it comes to the executives. They go too much for what looks good on paper and disregard the reality of it all. That is changing finally and I think Hesse is leading the way. The new philosophy is "give people less reasons to call customer service". I think that is great! That means providing accurate billing statements and "hooking people up" when shit goes wrong.

I have never seen anyone dump a company for screwing up on their bill when the company apologized and "hooked them up" with free minutes or whatever. No one will walk away if you make up for your screw up. I think our former executivies never understood that. I hope the ones still here do get it.

QFT its all about the STI and "options" :(

Oz, was your issue a mail in one? i know that the mail in rebates can take a long time :(