ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Kids: Love of your life or walking petri dishes? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112525)

Simplex3 03-18-2005 01:27 PM

Kids: Love of your life or walking petri dishes?

So my daughter started pre-school this last year and I've been sick damn near non-stop. I've probably been sick more in the past few months than the preceeding 31 years combined.

For those of you who go to the doctors for antibiotics when you get sick, don't bother. I was already on antibiotics for an infected toe (I have new respect for athletes with toe injuries) when I got this latest cold.

Donger 03-18-2005 01:39 PM

You need an option for both!

My daughter puked the other night for the first time in her life. The wife and I went into full-blown medical emergency level 5 in case she had the "stomach flu." Full wipe down of all her toys, etc. Nothing yet.

Simplex3 03-18-2005 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
The wife and I went into full-blown medical emergency level 5 in case she had the "stomach flu." Full wipe down of all her toys, etc. Nothing yet.

ROFL

Reminds me of when my daughter got sick the first time. We have a second kid now, it's amazing what you can learn to ignore. I can assure you that before kids having puke or crap on my hands would have freaked me out, yet now it's just another thing you have to deal with...

I'm pretty sure being cute is a self-defense mechanism.

KCTitus 03-18-2005 01:56 PM

Our first is now 11 so it's hard to remember how we reacted way back in 1994 (the last year KC won a playoff game) but I dont remember that many panics with regard to illnesses, etc.

I do remember being somewhat concerned about our 2nd child when he was learning to walk and he fell backward and hit his head really hard on the floor..lnow he's 10 and is actually has skipped 4th grade and went from 3rd to 5th and they're talking about having him taking algebra next year, so I guess it didnt hurt him too much.

Our 3rd is now 4yo and it would take a cut to a major artery before we ran to the ER.

Rain Man 03-18-2005 01:56 PM

I don't understand why people have kids. You voluntarily give up your retirement Ferrari to raise them, and then you have someone in your house for 18 years with an average mental age of 9. Plus, you apparently have to drive a minivan and eat at Chuck E. Cheese a lot.

KCTitus 03-18-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
...Plus, you apparently have to drive a minivan and eat at Chuck E. Cheese a lot.

FTR, Honda Odyssey is a cool minivan and Chuck E. Cheese has beer...my 18 yo self would be kicking my a$$ if he were reading this.

Saulbadguy 03-18-2005 01:59 PM

My first job ever was working at a day care (age 14). I was constantly sick for the first 2 weeks. I worked there for 4 years.

I haven't been sick since.

Simplex3 03-18-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

I don't understand why people have kids. You voluntarily give up your retirement Ferrari to raise them, and then you have someone in your house for 18 years with an average mental age of 9. Plus, you apparently have to drive a minivan and eat at Chuck E. Cheese a lot.

You sure you aren't thinking of the wife?

Saulbadguy 03-18-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Chuck E. Cheese

He does?

Saulbadguy 03-18-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

You can make them bring you things.

KCTitus 03-18-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
He does?

My local CEC does serve beer...it's the only way I can stand the place.

Saulbadguy 03-18-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
My local CEC does serve beer...it's the only way I can stand the place.

Psh. I can't wait till I have kids. I want to play whack-a-mole again. I bet I would kick ass at it now. I'd be way better than before.

chiefs4me 03-18-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Aren't you glad your momma never felt that way?:harumph:

FYI...I drive a F-250 Ford truck, not a van and Chuck E. Chees rules..:thumb:

I can't imagine what people without kids do 7 days a week 24 hours a day.

Rain Man 03-18-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
You can make them bring you things.

Good point. But for the money, you can buy a comely Brazilian maid.

So let's stack up the pros and cons.

Pro-Children

1. Some minivans are cool, according to Titus.
2. They can bring you things.
3. The whole passing down the genes thing.
4. You can get drunk at Chuck E. Cheese.

Anti-Children

1. They're disease carriers, like flies and rodents.
2. You lose your home office/TV room/fortress of solitude to them.
3. They're immature until they finally leave.
4. They're expensive.
5. They prevent you from hiring comely Brazilian maids.
6. They make you buy minivans, which honestly are never cool.

What else we got?

ct 03-18-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
ROFL

Reminds me of when my daughter got sick the first time. We have a second kid now, it's amazing what you can learn to ignore. I can assure you that before kids having puke or crap on my hands would have freaked me out, yet now it's just another thing you have to deal with...

I'm pretty sure being cute is a self-defense mechanism.

Can't agree more with this post!! My own puke used to make me puke even more, now you just wipe it down, do some laundry, and go back to bed.

I've said many times that if my kids weren't so cute, they'd never live to be 3. Though I'm starting to learn once they get to 13-14, they aren't even cute!