ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs begin scheming to fit Brady Quinn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264838)

Omaha 10-08-2012 07:21 PM

Am I the only one excited to see Quinn get a shot?

petegz28 10-08-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8993709)
That he is not Mark Castle and there is a chance he has learned something since his last chance to play?

The cold hard fact people overlook is Quinn has a total of 12 starts in his career. He was a 1st round pick and never was given a chance for whatever reasons. I never watched him much so either he just sucked that bad or there was too high of an expectation for a young kid to light it up in his 1st 12 games.

Sorter 10-08-2012 07:24 PM

If it means we win enough games to miss out on Geno Smith, then no, I'm not excited. Unless Quinn leads this team to AFCC game and proves that he is worthy of a continued investment then I will be upset if he ruins our chances of getting Geno.

petegz28 10-08-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8993761)
If it means we win enough games to miss out on Geno Smith, then no, I'm not excited. Unless Quinn leads this team to AFCC game and proves that he is worthy of a continued investment then I will be upset if he ruins our chances of getting Geno.

Bullshit. I don't care what our record is unless it is 11-5\10-6, there will be absolutely 0 excuse for Pioli to not trade up for a QB. I don't care if that means trading a shitload of picks, 2014's #1, Dwayne Bowe, I don't give a ****.

Bob Dole 10-08-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

What evidence do you have that KC will pick Smith even if he is there when the Chiefs pick?

Mr_Tomahawk 10-08-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8993744)

I'm pumped.

I am one of those, "he hasn't been in the right situation" people....however, I don't think the situation he is in now is any better than his previous 2 stops.

However, I am hoping for big things...

SAUTO 10-08-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 10-08-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8993776)
What evidence do you have that KC will pick Smith even if he is there when the Chiefs pick?

There is none. it's called hope. And knowing what SHOULD happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28 10-08-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8993780)
I'm pumped.

I am one of those, "he hasn't been in the right situation" people....however, I don't think the situation he is in now is any better than his previous 2 stops.

Well, he has a good running game, but if I remember right he had that in Cleveland too.

I think we all know he got jobbed in Denver. The Donks chose hype and ticket sales over the better QB.

ChiefsCountry 10-08-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8993744)

Half way excited. Half of me wants him to be the man, the other part wants this mother ****er burned to the ground.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 07:29 PM

I will be rooting for Quinn to fail. Holding out hope for a franchise qb.

Sorter 10-08-2012 07:29 PM

If we're in a position to draft Geno, Pioli will in all likelihood no longer be here. A new GM +new HC = New QB.

Lame duck GMs don't exist. He'll have the rest of this season to prove he's worth an extension, which at this point is entirely inherent on Quinn's success IMO.

petegz28 10-08-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8993776)

It has to be Smith or Bray or bust, next draft.

Sorter 10-08-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8993769)
Bullshit. I don't care what our record is unless it is 11-5\10-6, there will be absolutely 0 excuse for Pioli to not trade up for a QB. I don't care if that means trading a shitload of picks, 2014's #1, Dwayne Bowe, I don't give a ****.

Well, if you're relying on trading up, you'd better hope that the team at #1 overall isn't a team with a need at QB. Because if so, then he's gone. Indy wasn't going to trade their #1 overall and neither will Oakland, Jacksonville, Bucs, Bills, or Jets IMO.

Omaha 10-08-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8993780)
I'm pumped.

This is me. He can learn to make better decisions and reads. I want to see what he can do.