ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs begin scheming to fit Brady Quinn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264838)

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 07:32 PM

Any success Quinn has equals contract extensions for pioli and crennel.

petegz28 10-08-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8993813)
Well, if you're relying on trading up, you'd better hope that the team at #1 overall isn't a team with a need at QB. Because if so, then he's gone. Indy wasn't going to trade their #1 overall and neither will Oakland, Jacksonville, Bucs, Bills, or Jets IMO.

So you're saying our next QB is going to be:

Palmer
Fitzpatrick
Gabbert
Freeman
or
Sanchez?

petegz28 10-08-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8993819)
Any success Quinn has equals contract extensions for pioli and crennel.

Depending on the level of success perhaps it would be semi-warranted. We saw how the team improved with just Orton. I think Quinn is every bit as good as Orton. Or I should say, I think our team is good enough that an average QB will get the drool running from some and we will latch on.

Bump 10-08-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8993543)
Football neophyte here, but am I wrong in thinking that the three passes that Quinn threw yesterday seemed to have more velocity on them than compared to Cassel (and weren't four feet above the receivers' heads)?

well Quinn's passes looked strange to me. The ball did seem to zip with velocity in a straight line. I don't know what planet he's from because I've never seen that before.

Sorter 10-08-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8993829)
So you're saying our next QB is going to be:

Palmer
Fitzpatrick
Gabbert
Freeman
or
Sanchez?

How did you arrive at that conclusion? WTF?

I said those teams have obvious QB issues and could potentially be drafting #1 overall.

Those teams would not even dream about trading away Geno Smith for more pics.

petegz28 10-08-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8993849)
How did you arrive at that conclusion? WTF?

I said those teams have obvious QB issues and could potentially be drafting #1 overall.

Those teams would not even dream about trading away Geno Smith for more pics.

Of course not. So, the Chiefs and Pioli being the Chiefs and Pioli will scrape up the reject from whatever team drafts a QB.

Cannibal 10-08-2012 08:01 PM

Based only on what I saw in the preseason, Quinn's arm seems pretty strong and relatively accurate. What I don't know about Quinn is his decision making under pressure and courage under pressure. I can't stand watching a total bitch (Cassel) the gets easily flustered into mistakes, sacks, interceptions etc.

Maybe that is why Quinn couldn't hold a job before?

sedated 10-08-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8993391)
Cassel's strength is handing off

It worked out okay for Aikman.

hometeam 10-08-2012 08:11 PM

Cant be worse than Cassel on the field.

It can be worse if we go 7-9 as Quinn and Pioli and RAC prop him up as a QBOTF.

Knowing KC's history that is the way it will actually go down.

Marcellus 10-08-2012 08:26 PM

LMAO at the whole story.

I was wrong I thought Crennel needed a shot with a team that had some talent. Dude is ****ing reeruned.

All he has to do is be complimentary of Quinn and he gets a pass and instead he gives him no support.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-08-2012 08:47 PM

Sweet can't wait to see him unleash that Howitzer for the entire game.

bishop_74 10-08-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8993842)
well Quinn's passes looked strange to me. The ball did seem to zip with velocity in a straight line. I don't know what planet he's from because I've never seen that before.

I couldn't quite tell. They were being delivered to their intended target with such accuracy and speed I was having trouble picking apart how terrible the passes were.

The Bad Guy 10-08-2012 08:56 PM

Seriously, what gameplan? Any ****ing person with 2 arms and slight mobility could hand the ball off all game.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 09:01 PM

This "Brady Quinn throws better passes" than Cassel thing is reeruned.

Brady Quinn has made a career of throwing some ****ing awful passes.

Again: His career numbers are comparable to BRODIE CROYLE.

This guy isn't winning shit here. He's just another failure who will soon be laughed at.

Cannibal 10-08-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8994157)
This "Brady Quinn throws better passes" than Cassel thing is reeruned.

Brady Quinn has made a career of throwing some ****ing awful passes.

Again: His career numbers are comparable to BRODIE CROYLE.

This guy isn't winning shit here. He's just another failure who will soon be laughed at.

You may be correct, I haven't seen enough of him to know. But have you watched many of his games, or are you just looking at his career statistics?