ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Have an IT job interview in the morning..... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216775)

Reerun_KC 10-22-2009 05:34 PM

Have an IT job interview in the morning.....

After a 2 1/2 year absence from the dreadful IT industry, I have a job interview in the morning...

I am not really nervous, but more sick to my stomach than anything. I thought once I left that shit, I would never have to look back... Well thanks to the economy the flying industry is basically shit plus I cant get even get a sniff with my flight hours for a flying job. Just about everyone is laying off pilots right and left.

So instead of starving my family to death I have sucked up my pride and sent out some resumes. How can someone get excited about something the despise so badly?

Any thoughts? I know I need to keep things rolling and help relieve some of the stress from the wife and family. That what is important.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-22-2009 05:36 PM

You should send out your resumes to drug cartels. Perhaps they are in need of wily pilots.

DaKernal 10-22-2009 05:37 PM

Is working in IT really that bad. I hope not cause i'm going to school for computer networking, also other IT based education

Deberg_1990 10-22-2009 05:37 PM

You got to do what you got to do man.

Do you really hate it all that much? At least you wont be out digging ditches all day in the hot sun.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2009 05:37 PM

I always thought you were a paid pilot. Good luck with the interview. It's tough out there and we've been fortunate enough to be largely unaffected and prospering in it. I wish you the same.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs09 (Post 6196952)
Is working in IT really that bad. I hope not cause i'm going to school for computer networking, also other IT based education

Someone once told me to NEVER pursue passion in the workplace. He was an IT guy. Sorry.

BigRedChief 10-22-2009 05:38 PM

I would be studying tonight if I was you. Try to bring that information back out of the memory banks into easily accessible info.

DaKernal 10-22-2009 05:39 PM

I'm not really persuing passion, but i would like to enjoy somewhat and not hate my job like I do now

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs09 (Post 6196966)
I'm not really persuing passion, but i would like to enjoy somewhat and not hate my job like I do now

If you like the schooling then you're on your way. If not, abort.

Reerun_KC 10-22-2009 05:40 PM

I spent 12 years in the career field working at a Sr Network Engineer level. I hit job and career burnout... I worked for several different companies over that time and its the same thing regardless of where you go.

I did hit the wall and totally lost any desire to work with anyone in the IT industry... 90% of the time I cant stand any IT people I work with...

Reerun_KC 10-22-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6196954)
I always thought you were a paid pilot. Good luck with the interview. It's tough out there and we've been fortunate enough to be largely unaffected and prospering in it. I wish you the same.

I was a paid pilot, but they are paying right now... Trips have fell off to basically nothing...

rockymtnchief 10-22-2009 05:42 PM

Good luck.

BigRedChief 10-22-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs09 (Post 6196952)

your main problem is going to be getting started. No matter how many certifications and degrees you have, if you don't have experience its really hard right now to get someone to take a chance on you.

I.T. jobs are no different from other fields. Depends on how the company treats you, views your value to the company.

Reerun_KC 10-22-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6196960)
I would be studying tonight if I was you. Try to bring that information back out of the memory banks into easily accessible info.

have reviewed a few things, called some buddies for info...

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 6196975)
I was a paid pilot, but they are paying right now... Trips have fell off to basically nothing...

I had no idea bro. I'm sorry to hear it.