ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational Fears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271583)

Fat Elvis 03-29-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9538275)
Chinese women driving mini-vans in the rain at rush hour.

That isn't irrational.

Fat Elvis 03-29-2013 01:07 PM

Fish. They don't blink.

suds79 03-29-2013 01:09 PM

Flying & spiders.

I can get over spiders. They're just really creepy.

Flying terrifies me and I'm really working on trying to get better with it. 1, I have to fly once a year for my job (actually took a bus once to Orlando). 2, I don't want to limit where my wife & little girl can go for vacation for the rest of my life.

Thankfully there's seemingly a lot of helpful videos on youtube to help this... Well that and some hard liquor ;)

ptlyon 03-29-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9538311)
I have a 1 mil umbrella policy through State Farm for just that reason.

Cost 150 per year.

HOLY **** THE IRONY ROFL

Reerun_KC 03-29-2013 01:10 PM

Franchise QB's /True Fans

Pilsner 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9538323)
Do you avoid elevators?

I do. Being trapped doesn't bother me. The fear that the counterweight and other safety measures all simultaneously fail the moment I decide to walk through the door, slice-crushing me from stem to stern is just too much.

I routinely take 5+ flights of stairs at work, friend's apartments, department stores...

When I was in college, I lived on the top floor of my dorm. That was 11 stories of stairs at least twice a day.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

Pregnancy complications and childbirth freaks me out. I almost get sick thinking about all that stuff. I have to walk around for a bit if there is a miscarriage in a movie/TV scene.

I also have the "never went to class/forgot I had one" dream

frankotank 03-29-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9538332)
I'm afraid of having OCD. Everyone else in my immediate family has OCD. I wiki the symptoms several times per hour and make sure each of my actions is neither obsessive nor compulsive.

LMAO
nice

frankotank 03-29-2013 01:12 PM

Mice.
I just……ohhh my GOD…..I just puked a little bit in my mouth……
I know EXACTLY when it started….many years ago….
I was up late reading Stephen King, everyone is asleep and I keep hear this noise. I finally get up and start….tracking this noise. I’d hear it and move in the appropriate direction and stop and wait for it again. Repeating this process took me into the back living room and behind a bar we had then. Behind this bar sitting on a chair is a huge, half empty, open bag of dog food. I’m behind the bar squatting down next to the chair listening and the noise comes again. I stand up peek over the edge of the open bag and this ****ing mouse jumps directly at my face. OH….MY……GOD! Sumbitch looked lion sized coming right at me! It had to have come within an inch or so of my nose. So being all manly and shit I’m like……AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Dammit just puked a little bit again.

I’ll never be the same.
I took that bag of dogfood out in the driveway in about 8 inches of snow and I’m trying to dump the little bastard out. Food is pouring into the snow and that thing is swimming back into the bag. I couldn’t deal. I finally threw the bag down and ran back into the house like a bitch. sorry dog, you going hungry yo.

Damn I’m grossed out.

So….snakes and spiders, I got that shit. No problem. Mice…..that’s on my wife. I don’t do mice.

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9538333)
That isn't irrational.

Good point.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 01:25 PM

That the Chiefs will never draft a first round QB.

But I'm not sure that is irrational.

Fat Elvis 03-29-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9538311)
I have a 1 mil umbrella policy through State Farm for just that reason.

Cost 150 per year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9538349)
HOLY **** THE IRONY ROFL

I guess I'm missing something about the "irony;" I have one of those policies as well. I suppose if you have nothing of value you don't need to protect it? As far as I'm concerned, the umbrella policy is a necessity.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 01:26 PM

Oh and an irrational fear of used up retread QBs from San Francisco.

Chief_For_Life58 03-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9538266)
snakes.

on a plane

Dayze 03-29-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9538309)
Emory boards. Cannot stand them. Can't touch them. Certainly can't be in the same room with someone using them. Holy shit no. I get anxiety, dry mouth, and everything.

I have no idea why.

oooh! I forgot.

those little wooden spoon things sometimes served with a cup of ice-cream etc. :# makes my skin crawl.