ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Last of Us (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273501)

kepp 03-27-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10519995)
For shits and giggles I hopped on COD 2 last night and played the multi-player for about an hour.
I was a lvl 30 or so.
The first game was team death match. I did ok, only died 7 times and had 4 kills.
Then I played the capture the flag game about 6 times.
Total kills: 16
Total deaths: 44

The people killing me were all 10 year old Mexican kids.
**** that game. I'll get 4 bucks for it at gamestop.

I just played COD Ghosts for a couple hours and I can't wait for this game to arrive. Its obvious that the COD developers are just mailing it in at this point. I guess I should have realized it sooner, but whatever.

The Franchise 03-28-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10521491)
I just played COD Ghosts for a couple hours and I can't wait for this game to arrive. Its obvious that the COD developers are just mailing it in at this point. I guess I should have realized it sooner, but whatever.

It may be different for you....but for me.....the first 25-30% of the game was ****ing slow. Keep going....

Mother****erJones 03-29-2014 07:59 AM

Gona start another play through on survivor. It's coming to ps4!

Mother****erJones 03-29-2014 01:59 PM

Man this is tough. Just did the big encounter downtown with 4 runners and a clicker.

kepp 03-31-2014 08:37 AM

It's being delivered today. I should get a couple hours in tonight.

Mother****erJones 03-31-2014 04:30 PM

I like starting on normal because you can get used to the game and use the weapons and have fun

The Franchise 03-31-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10530933)
I like starting on normal because you can get used to the game and use the weapons and have fun

This. If I start out a new game on Hard....I end up getting frustrated and pissed off. I'll beat it on normal and if I like the game enough....I'll go back and play through again on Hard.

Sure-Oz 03-31-2014 04:48 PM

I started on Normal then did hard. beaten the game in easy, normal and hard.

Easy i had WAY too much ammo left over at the end

The Franchise 03-31-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10530969)
I started on Normal then did hard. beaten the game in easy, normal and hard.

Easy i had WAY too much ammo left over at the end

Even on normal I had a good amount of ammo left over.

Sure-Oz 03-31-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10530974)
Even on normal I had a good amount of ammo left over.

Very first time i played I hardly had any ammo (normal mode) and my dumbass never used the hearing ability or stealthed the **** out of people.

Hard got me used to that quick then i did easy and had a shit ton of ammo for every weapon and seemed like unlimited bombs

The Franchise 03-31-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10530984)
Very first time i played I hardly had any ammo (normal mode) and my dumbass never used the hearing ability or stealthed the **** out of people.

Hard got me used to that quick then i did easy and had a shit ton of ammo for every weapon and seemed like unlimited bombs

My dumbass thought the bow was worthless and never used it until the end. Like you said though....I never really ran out of bombs throughout the game. I always found enough shit to make some new ones. I really only used the nail bombs against the bloaters.

Mother****erJones 03-31-2014 05:05 PM

I'm on survivor and it's a bitch. Hardly any ammo

Mother****erJones 03-31-2014 05:07 PM

The bow is great on survivor. I did the generator part. Ran away to where u first come in. Let the runners and clickers set up. Took em out strategically with the bow. The 2 cocktails and nail bombed the bloater up stairs.

Chiefs=Champions 04-01-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10531014)
The bow is great on survivor. I did the generator part. Ran away to where u first come in. Let the runners and clickers set up. Took em out strategically with the bow. The 2 cocktails and nail bombed the bloater up stairs.

**** that. I turned on the generator then ran like the wind.

Gonzo 04-01-2014 09:40 AM

I think the scariest part of that ****ing game is when you're in the basement of that hotel and you fire that generator up. Christ, I liked to shit my pants the first time.

The Franchise 04-01-2014 09:47 AM

I'm probably going to start another playthrough on hard. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the clickers because even on normal there would be times where I'd be getting dangerously low on shivs.

jiveturkey 04-01-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10532044)
I think the scariest part of that ****ing game is when you're in the basement of that hotel and you fire that generator up. Christ, I liked to shit my pants the first time.

That took a while to figure out. What a nightmare and definitely the spookiest part of the game.

Gravedigger 04-01-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Especially when you turn on the generator and then you're almost to the stairs and that Bloater pops out of nowhere. I'm with you on that one. :shake:

Gonzo 04-01-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10532078)
Especially when you turn on the generator and then you're almost to the stairs and that Bloater pops out of nowhere. I'm with you on that one. :shake:

Yep, I've beat this game a half dozen times and that part still ****s with me. The darkness, the spores floating around and the silence. Then you fire that mother****er up and expel the contents of your bladder.

kepp 04-01-2014 10:13 AM

I started playing last night on 'hard'. I think I might restart on easy. Right now I'm stuck in that high rise when they're trying to get out. When you leave the girls on the floor above and jump down into a series of rooms with 5 or 6 clickers and the like. I stealth-kill the first one easy, but then all hell breaks loose.

And what is up with forcing me to walk super slow in a crouched position even when my health is OK? That's annoying.

Gonzo 04-01-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10532094)
I started playing last night on 'hard'. I think I might restart on easy. Right now I'm stuck in that high rise when they're trying to get out. When you leave the girls on the floor above and jump down into a series of rooms with 5 or 6 clickers and the like. I stealth-kill the first one easy, but then all hell breaks loose.

And what is up with forcing me to walk super slow in a crouched position even when my health is OK? That's annoying.

Yeah, maybe go play thru it on normal and watch how they behave so you can time it better on Hard. They have a pattern they walk so you can take them out one at a time.

ragedogg69 04-01-2014 03:45 PM

I just picked this up for $25 at gamefly. I cannot wait to play this.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2014 03:49 PM

Ah come on. The generator fight is the best part.

aturnis 04-01-2014 04:01 PM

I made the decision to play through on hard the first time. My thinking was "This is how you enjoy a game", don't regret it a bit. Sure it was hard, but we'll worth it.

The Franchise 04-02-2014 09:21 AM

On sale again at Newegg.com for $28.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9261377&cm_sp=

Mecca 04-02-2014 09:25 AM

I have this game and haven't even played it yet, I really have a bunch of games I need to play.

A Salt Weapon 04-02-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

No shit, it took a while for me to figure out that part.

kepp 04-02-2014 02:12 PM

By the way...if anyone else is experiencing the "crouch glitch", I found a fix for it last night. The crouch glitch basically sticks you in crouch/stealth mode permanently after your first encounter with infected in that basement. The way to fix it is:
* pause the game and press the "PS" button to get to the system menu
* goto accessories settings and reassign your controller to #2
* the game will then complain that there is no controller
* reassign again to #1
...then its fixed.

007 04-09-2014 07:19 PM

It is coming to the PS4 now. I really don't like this remastered for next gen consoles thing going on. Bring us NEW games damnit.

Mother****erJones 04-10-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10552054)
It is coming to the PS4 now. I really don't like this remastered for next gen consoles thing going on. Bring us NEW games damnit.

Well it gives people who can't play it on ps3 a chance to play one of the greatest games made

007 04-10-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10552704)
Well it gives people who can't play it on ps3 a chance to play one of the greatest games made

Lets get some original PS4 games out there first before we start doing upgrades from PS3 titles.

Sure-Oz 04-10-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10552054)

Can't disagree, i'll def buy this game...i'm just hoping this starts up a NEW the last of us title in the next few years

millz 04-10-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10552708)
Lets get some original PS4 games out there first before we start doing upgrades from PS3 titles.

exactly, that shouldn't start for another good 2-3 years.

last of us is a good game but c'mon, you guys are making it out to be the best game to come out within the last 20 years. the amount of uncharted fanboyism on this board is out of control, good games and good developers but naughty dog is far away from creating a perfect game.

just got infamous too and it's pretty shxt, let's see some original PS4 games for once because to be honest, this system is seriously lacking titles.

ragedogg69 04-11-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

yeah it is a money grab pure and simple.

Gonzo 04-11-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10554315)
exactly, that shouldn't start for another good 2-3 years.

last of us is a good game but c'mon, you guys are making it out to be the best game to come out within the last 20 years. the amount of uncharted fanboyism on this board is out of control, good games and good developers but naughty dog is far away from creating a perfect game.

just got infamous too and it's pretty shxt, let's see some original PS4 games for once because to be honest, this system is seriously lacking titles.

Lemme guess, Gears of War?

aturnis 04-11-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

A new game takes a lot of time. Porting and remastering one only takes a few months. This is just to tithe people over, and offer the Xbox 360 converts a chance to familiarize themselves with the franchise and Naught Dogs work.

This isn't delaying the creation of the new games, they probably just assigned a small team to the project with oversight from the main team.

aturnis 04-11-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10554269)
Can't disagree, i'll def buy this game...i'm just hoping this starts up a NEW the last of us title in the next few years

I think the biggest thing that will hold up a new game is the script. I mean, where do you go with it? They created a tough act to follow, and have to do it justice.

millz 04-11-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10556479)
Lemme guess, Gears of War?

naw i'm good i only have sony systems. nice try though

ragedogg69 04-12-2014 11:11 AM

So I am maybe an hour in. This game is dark. Both in story and in the lighting. :D

007 04-12-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10556490)
A new game takes a lot of time. Porting and remastering one only takes a few months. This is just to tithe people over, and offer the Xbox 360 converts a chance to familiarize themselves with the franchise and Naught Dogs work.

This isn't delaying the creation of the new games, they probably just assigned a small team to the project with oversight from the main team.

I know that. I'm just frustrated that both systems put out a new console and neither have any first rate games

Gonzo 04-12-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10556697)
naw i'm good i only have sony systems. nice try though

COD?

Miles 04-12-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10557831)
I know that. I'm just frustrated that both systems put out a new console and neither have any first rate games

Seems a lot like the launch of the last variants of the consoles.

millz 04-13-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10558752)
COD?

no

millz 04-13-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10558852)

yeah but these launch titles absolutely suck

007 04-13-2014 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10558852)

Those launch titles were not nearly as abysmal as this generation has been so far. Really do kind of wish I had waited to buy now. hell, my warranty might be over before I buy another game.

ragedogg69 04-13-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10558958)
Those launch titles were not nearly as abysmal as this generation has been so far. Really do kind of wish I had waited to buy now. hell, my warranty might be over before I buy another game.

I remember the 360 launch was pretty awful. Madden had players that looked like they were constipated. COD looked like an XBOX game with better smoke. Perfect Dark had such horrible level design they had to put arrows on the floor to tell you where to go.

Condemned was pretty decent. AFAIK, there was not reason to buy a 360 until Gears of War came out.

007 04-13-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10559158)
I remember the 360 launch was pretty awful. Madden had players that looked like they were constipated. COD looked like an XBOX game with better smoke. Perfect Dark had such horrible level design they had to put arrows on the floor to tell you where to go.

Condemned was pretty decent. AFAIK, there was not reason to buy a 360 until Gears of War came out.

This is the first time I have purchased a console at launch since the Wii. If I had any idea the games would take this long to come out, I would have waited.

ragedogg69 04-13-2014 02:51 PM

Oh god the Wii. I told my self i would not buy it at launch but still did. $250 was way too much for that console. Everyone played Wii Sports like crazy. The next big thing in videogames. Then we found out if it wasnt like playing tennis, all the other Wii games amounted to "who can do a better jerk off motion." I have all the Wii games on the dolphin emulator. 99% of the time I find myself saying "this game would be better without the motion control mechanic."

millz 04-13-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10559158)

the launch year for 360 might have been bad but the year after was good and perfect dark was actually one of my favs imo.

kepp 04-16-2014 08:14 AM

I finished my first play through. That was longer than I expected, which I appreciated. Has anyone bought/played the "Left Behind" DLC? There has to be a sequel coming for this, right?

Gonzo 04-16-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10565806)
I finished my first play through. That was longer than I expected, which I appreciated. Has anyone bought/played the "Left Behind" DLC? There has to be a sequel coming for this, right?

The left behind DLC is a good story. It's about two or three hours worth of gameplay that was obviously originally part of the game that hit the cutting room floor.
I'd expect a sequel, (or prequel) in about two years. That's their average.

Gonzo 04-16-2014 08:51 AM

Also, I'd say the DLC is worth the fifteen bucks but expect the price to go down five bucks or so in a month or two.

GordonGekko 04-16-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10565874)
Also, I'd say the DLC is worth the fifteen bucks but expect the price to go down five bucks or so in a month or two.

$15 for 3 hours of gameplay? Nice

007 04-16-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10565930)
$15 for 3 hours of gameplay? Nice

much better deal than the Kojima $30 moneygrab on a glorified tech demo for MGS5.

kepp 05-02-2014 09:00 AM

I went ahead and got the "Left Behind" addition and played through it. JMO, but it wasn't worth it at all. It was short and the game play content wasn't nearly as good as the main storyline. Others may enjoy it though.

Sure-Oz 05-02-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10598846)
I went ahead and got the "Left Behind" addition and played through it. JMO, but it wasn't worth it at all. It was short and the game play content wasn't nearly as good as the main storyline. Others may enjoy it though.

Its probably a $5 addon not $15....but everyone wants more

kepp 05-02-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10598925)
Its probably a $5 addon not $15....but everyone wants more

Yeah, $5 would probably be about right.

The Franchise 07-29-2014 05:05 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aAhT9gbmOtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Start it at 29:45. There was an epilogue that wasn't filmed. Here's the overview of the epilogue.

Quote:

The scene finds Joel and Ellie, the two protagonists of The Last of Us, living at the dam where Tommy, Joel’s brother, was holed up. Joel mentions to Ellie that Tommy is trying to get him to tie the knot with a woman at the camp named Esther. But Ellie seems distant — perhaps because of her suspicions that Joel was lying to her about what happened in Salt Lake City. Joel brings out his guitar and plays a song for Ellie about their journey together, and he is “clearly communicating how important she is to him,” according to one report. Ellie warms to Joel, and he tells her a cringe-worthy pun that could’ve come from one of her joke books: “What’s the downside of eating a clock? It’s time-consuming.” They laugh, and then Joel hands her his guitar and promises to teach her how to play, before leaving the room. Ellie strums one note on the guitar as the scene ends.

Gonzo 07-29-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10774053)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aAhT9gbmOtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Start it at 29:45. There was an epilogue that wasn't filmed. Here's the overview of the epilogue.

Huh. Sometimes I forget how beautiful this game is.

Ash 07-30-2014 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am ready to play just got my PS4 and copy of the last of us never owned ps3 just xbox 360. I Got xbox one at release but was looking for an excuse to add the PS4 to gaming room. With the pc rig I bought and all the consoles its eaten up a good chunk of disposable income this year. I cant wait to dive in to this game always wanted to play it since last year.

Gonzo 07-30-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 10776630)
I am ready to play just got my PS4 and copy of the last of us never owned ps3 just xbox 360. I Got xbox one at release but was looking for an excuse to add the PS4 to gaming room. With the pc rig I bought and all the consoles its eaten up a good chunk of disposable income this year. I cant wait to dive in to this game always wanted to play it since last year.

Say goodbye to your family for the next couple days. You won't be able to put it down.

Sure-Oz 07-30-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10774075)
Huh. Sometimes I forget how beautiful this game is.

It really is the best game i've ever played. No story has stuck to me from a game like 'The Last of Us'. this live performance was great to watch as well.

Sassy Squatch 08-01-2014 06:01 AM

Generator made me shit my pants.

SuperChief 08-01-2014 12:08 PM

Just played through the opening sequence of TLOU:R - even though I've played through this game twice on PS3, I still got suuuuuuper emotional. If this is the future of video games, I'm all ****ing in.

Sure-Oz 08-01-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10787937)
Generator made me shit my pants.

Lol basically

Gonzo 08-02-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10788453)
Just played through the opening sequence of TLOU:R - even though I've played through this game twice on PS3, I still got suuuuuuper emotional. If this is the future of video games, I'm all ****ing in.

I don't see how anyone can improve on a game like this. I used to play 1ps games, sports games etc. But then I played the Uncharted trilogy.
After that, I was hooked on games with a storyline. Naughty Dog is pure excellence. They really take pride in their games.
TLOU should be the example for others from here on out.

Sure-Oz 08-02-2014 08:39 PM

Naughty Dog does everything right....uncharted series was my favorite and tlou blew me away. I expect uncharted 4 to blow me away with druckman taking over. I want more tlou in a diff story

Sassy Squatch 08-03-2014 05:44 AM

Good thing the game ended the way it did. So many possibilities for a sequel.

Sassy Squatch 08-03-2014 07:38 AM

One thing that bothers me is that at the end of the game Joel picks up an assault rifle to use. Why the **** didn't he pick up the soldiers weapons in the outskirts?

Quesadilla Joe 08-04-2014 07:44 AM

Just had my best multiplayer game, got 17 downs with 17 executions and 1 death. The Burst Rifle is amazing once it's fully upgraded LMAO