ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The John Dorsey Approval Poll, March 2014 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282551)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-24-2014 09:56 PM

The John Dorsey Approval Poll, March 2014

I thought it would be interesting to conduct monthly opinion polls of the front office during the offseason. I'm no cdcox, so I figure the best way it to assign various percentages of approval, then average the percentages to get a total approval ranking. Those with a better understanding of statistics could crunch the numbers if a simple averaging would be disproportionately weighted by haters and homers.

Rasputin 03-24-2014 09:57 PM

NB4 poll

Rasputin 03-24-2014 09:59 PM

I'm pissed we haven't won a Super Bowl yet. One year is not an excuse :cuss:

DTLB58 03-24-2014 10:02 PM

This is like rating a draft after 2 months. Useless. Too soon.

BossChief 03-24-2014 10:05 PM

I gave him a generous 70% because I still think the 2013 class has potential to be pretty good...but it sure seems the class is soft at this point.

O.city 03-24-2014 10:06 PM

Like what he's doing this offseason, don't think it matches last offseason.

DaFace 03-24-2014 10:13 PM

I went with 80%. I wish he could work magic and get guys to sign for cheap, but he's got competition out there, and we don't have a lot of cap room. Overall, he's done a fine job thus far.

Rasputin 03-24-2014 10:25 PM

I wanna wait till year 3 turns out. I can't say he is doing good or bad. I'd still (just like every year) like to draft a quarterback and be happy we swing the bat for a home run or swing and strike out trying.

I'm going be bull headed about drafting a quarterback so until then I'd give him a C- and that is for making the playoffs. Still has a lot to prove & winning in the playoffs would bring the grade up. Not making the playoffs is a Fail. Losing again first round is also a FAIL!

If we draft a quarterback I can give him a passing grade regardless what the season turns out as long as the next few seasons see growth with the team.

I don't really give a shit about Alex Smith. Good for him for playing good but he still needs to keep it up and continue to do better. Higher demanding expectations if he is going be our quarterback for the near future.

chiefzilla1501 03-24-2014 10:25 PM

80%. Last offseason left a lot to be desired. If he pulls off re-signing Berry, Smith, and Houston (or at least 2 out of 3) and reels in a very good draft, it bumps up to a 90%. If he doesn't have a good draft, it drops to 60%.

Last year's draft was disappointing and probably at its best ends up being so-so. A lot is riding on this draft, especially if he makes the specific choice to stay quiet in free agency.

RunKC 03-24-2014 10:32 PM

80%. He's proven to be a real scout finding these guys that weren't household names to help this franchise. The 2013 class is still not even close to being judged yet either.

Like the Vance Walker signing and think Emmanuel Sanders is just a huge prick who went for $$$. Not so much a fan of Mays and former Colts OL.

Really can't wait for the draft. I think he's going to draft multiple guys to step in a play right away.

BossChief 03-24-2014 10:38 PM

Sanders went for the $$$

What a prick to sign for 5 million per year.

The bastard.

Titty Meat 03-24-2014 10:41 PM

20%. 20 mil in cap space and picking at the top of every round still couldn't add 1 impact player.

Sannyasi 03-24-2014 10:45 PM

I gave him a 60% and I feel like I'm being pretty generous. His one draft as a Chief does not look good at all so far, but I bumped him up a little because Alex wasn't complete dogshit and I'm an optimist.

Old Dog 03-24-2014 10:47 PM

Another 80%

Discuss Thrower 03-24-2014 10:51 PM

The team made no real impact selections in the draft last season and chose to overspend for a middle tier QB (at best) in Alex Smith in order to go all-in to put butts in the seats rather then attempt the rebuild that was actually necessary.

Unless the Chiefs are going to restructure and trade guys like Houston and Berry for draft picks to make a legitimate rebuild, this is probably a team that makes maybe one more playoff appearance in the next three seasons and doesn't even come close to a Superbowl.

BUT HAI GUISE NOISE RECORD BBQ GRILLS 9-7 IS A CHANCE FOR A WILD CARD AMIRITE??!