ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Birthday Happy New Year CST (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=220838)

Bugeater 12-31-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 7307899)
I though it it was at your place....

Well it is...WHY AREN'T YOU HERE?

Rain Man 12-31-2010 09:10 PM

The Central Time Zone is nothing but the warmup act for the main show. Mountain Time Zone is where it's at.

KurtCobain 12-31-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7307916)
The Central Time Zone is nothing but the warmup act for the main show. Mountain Time Zone is where it's at.

Yeah, if you're high.

KcMizzou 12-31-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7307917)
Yeah, if you're high.

As in... altitude, right?

KurtCobain 12-31-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7307919)

No, Gold Paint.

KcMizzou 12-31-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7307922)
No, Gold Paint.

LMAO

Rain Man 12-31-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7307919)

Exactly. At 11:00 p.m., we can see the Central Time Zone fireworks 4,000 feet below us. It's kind of weird.

JD10367 12-31-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7307916)

Child, please. The only important time zone is Eastern. It was the first on this continent, after all. It's where all the cool cities hang out (Boston, New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore...). :D

It's weird growing up and not realizing that everyone doesn't operate on your time. I grew up thinking naturally that prime time TV started at 8pm, and ran until the news came on at 11pm, and then Johnny Carson came on at 11:30pm. I grew up thinking that football was simply played at 1pm and 4pm and that was that. Since I've rarely been west of this time zone, it never occurred to me that there are entire generations of people on the other side of the country who have grown up thinking that football was a Sunday morning game, that all the games I'd been watching at 1pm were actually being watched at the ungodly-early hour of 10am out there. It's kind of bizarre.

kysirsoze 12-31-2010 09:21 PM

FLYOVER STATES

:p

Bugeater 12-31-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7307937)
FLYOVER STATES

:p

WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE ANYWAY

kysirsoze 12-31-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7307930)
Child, please. The only important time zone is Eastern. It was the first on this continent, after all. It's where all the cool cities hang out (Boston, New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore...). :D

It's weird growing up and not realizing that everyone doesn't operate on your time. I grew up thinking naturally that prime time TV started at 8pm, and ran until the news came on at 11pm, and then Johnny Carson came on at 11:30pm. I grew up thinking that football was simply played at 1pm and 4pm and that was that. Since I've rarely been west of this time zone, it never occurred to me that there are entire generations of people on the other side of the country who have grown up thinking that football was a Sunday morning game, that all the games I'd been watching at 1pm were actually being watched at the ungodly-early hour of 10am out there. It's kind of bizarre.

Since I moved out here, I love it. It makes football a whole day thing and it gives me an excuse to crack a cold one at 10AM. :toast:

Bowser 12-31-2010 09:24 PM

HAPPEE BIRFDAY, CALENDAR

Rain Man 12-31-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7307930)

Eastern? Pfft. Eastern is the common time zone. Millions of people use eastern. It's like the McDonald's of time zones. Mountain is exclusive. Less than 10 percent of the whole country qualifies for mountain time. We're like Morton's Steakhouse when it comes to time zones.

On the football thing, a big bonus for me in moving to Denver was that football goes from 11 to 5 instead of 12 to 6. Back when I lived in the central time zone I always seemed to have an odd hour or two to kill in the mornings, and then by six o'clock it was already evening. Ending at 5 somehow seems to give me a whole lot of time to do stuff in the evening.

I never thought about it for the west coasters, but I wonder if football affects church attendance or if church attendance inhibits the growth of football. Having the games go from 10 to 4 pretty much guarantees a conflict, I would think, at least with Protestant folks.

kysirsoze 12-31-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7307946)
Eastern? Pfft. Eastern is the common time zone. Millions of people use eastern. It's like the McDonald's of time zones. Mountain is exclusive. Less than 10 percent of the whole country qualifies for mountain time. We're like Morton's Steakhouse when it comes to time zones.

On the football thing, a big bonus for me in moving to Denver was that football goes from 11 to 5 instead of 12 to 6. Back when I lived in the central time zone I always seems to have an odd hour or two to kill in the mornings, and then by six o'clock it was already evening. Ending at 5 somehow seems to give me a whole lot of time to do stuff in the evening.

I never thought about it for the west coasters, but I wonder if football affects church attendance or if church attendance inhibits the growth of football. Having the games go from 10 to 4 pretty much guarantees a conflict, I would think, at least with Protestant folks.

We're all heathens out here. No conflict at all. (Heathens meet on Saturdays)

go bo 12-31-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7307658)
Ruh rho! Did you tell your boyfriend yet?

hah hah, good one...

you homophobic slurrer you...