ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brady Quinn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264624)

Molitoth 10-04-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8976449)
When your starting QB is Matt Cassel, your backups are terrible.

OR your asshole GM won't let you bench him.

You know Crennel is dieing to put Quinn in the game considering his good friend Weis had him playing well in college, and Crennel drafted the guy.

Old Dog 10-04-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8976343)
Quinn knows how to utilize tall receivers.

Cassel does too. If only we could find a 7'3" WR for one side and a 9'2" WR for the other, he could hit those guys......maybe

htismaqe 10-04-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8976452)
OR your asshole GM won't let you bench him.

You know Crennel is dieing to put Quinn in the game considering his good friend Weis had him playing well in college, and Crennel drafted the guy.

Pioli is his good friend too.

listopencil 10-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8974296)
I wonder what Quinn's middle name is?

If it begins with a B, then he's destined to be the QB here.

BBQ

:)

What a coincidence. His nickname is actually Brady "Bitch" Quinn. It's destiny.

tooge 10-04-2012 10:35 AM

Matt Cassels favorite song?

Somewhere over da wayne bowe

TRR 10-04-2012 10:43 AM

Can't help root for Brady Quinn IMO. Former 1st round pick stuck on a terrible team in Cleveland. Didn't play well and never has gotten another chance. He was, without a doubt, the #1 selection in the draft if he would have not returned for another season at ND. Then the questions started.

I didn't expect to see the emotion on the sideline Quinn has shown since coming to KC. He nearly chased down Charles on the TD run against NO, and is usually the first guy to greet the D on the sideline when they get a 3 and out. He is also saying all the right things in the media.

Quinn isn't the answer....but he deserves a shot to start.

GoShox 10-04-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 8976485)
Can't help root for Brady Quinn IMO. Former 1st round pick stuck on a terrible team in Cleveland. Didn't play well and never has gotten another chance. He was, without a doubt, the #1 selection in the draft if he would have not returned for another season at ND. Then the questions started.

I didn't expect to see the emotion on the sideline Quinn has shown since coming to KC. He nearly chased down Charles on the TD run against NO, and is usually the first guy to greet the D on the sideline when they get a 3 and out. He is also saying all the right things in the media.

Not to mention the whole Tebow deal in Denver.

Ace Gunner 10-04-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8976343)
Think about this.....Quinn's best years at ND were when he had Jeff Samardzija and Maurice Stovall. Samardzija is 6' 6" and Stovall is 6' 5". Bowe is 6' 2" and Baldwin is 6' 4". Quinn knows how to utilize tall receivers.

ya, good point.

listopencil 10-04-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 8976485)

Of course no one can really say what happened in those situations for him except the people who were actually there. I have watched Quinn play though. He has never demonstrated the mental capacity to play QB in the NFL. He either hurries and ****s up, or takes too long to make decisions and kills plays. You can't say that he is always going to be like this. He might be better right now, you never know. He hasn't played lately. But a large group of coaches have passed on him. There's a reason for that.

saphojunkie 10-04-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8976571)
Of course no one can really say what happened in those situations for him except the people who were actually there. I have watched Quinn play though. He has never demonstrated the mental capacity to play QB in the NFL. He either hurries and ****s up, or takes too long to make decisions and kills plays.

This is what Cassel does also. The difference between the two of them is that, on the occasion that the correct read and decision IS made...Quinn has the physical tools to make the play happen, and Cassel doesn't.

Quinn's arm strength also opens up half the playbook. And by that, I mean the 50% of routes currently being run by Chiefs receivers that Cassel ignores because he knows he can't even get the ball there.

whoman69 10-04-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8976469)

banning offense

R8RFAN 10-04-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8976469)

Reported

BossChief 10-04-2012 12:11 PM

I'm not gonna go and fill myself with false hope that Brady Quinn will come out and be good after seeing his level of suck with my own eyes on many occasions.

Once Cassel gets pulled, I give it no more than 4 or 5 games until he hits the bench, too.

Sorry, but I'm expecting the Palko experiment part two...this time with a stronger arm.

whoman69 10-04-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8976571)
Of course no one can really say what happened in those situations for him except the people who were actually there. I have watched Quinn play though. He has never demonstrated the mental capacity to play QB in the NFL. He either hurries and ****s up, or takes too long to make decisions and kills plays. You can't say that he is always going to be like this. He might be better right now, you never know. He hasn't played lately. But a large group of coaches have passed on him. There's a reason for that.

This is different from Cassel how? The difference between the two is the fact that there is the outside chance that since Quinn had no talent around him in Cleveland, he might not be the proven fail that Cassel is. I don't believe that, but the possibility exists.

So if you have Cassel fail and then Quinn plays two games and is an equal fail, where do you go?

The Franchise 10-04-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8976714)
I'm not gonna go and fill myself with false hope that Brady Quinn will come out and be good after seeing his level of suck with my own eyes on many occasions.

Once Cassel gets pulled, I give it no more than 4 or 5 games until he hits the bench, too.

Sorry, but I'm expecting the Palko experiment part two...this time with a stronger arm.

You know I'm a huge Quinn fan.....but I'm not filled with false hope about him either.