ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anyone here work at a hotel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259961)

Sucky 05-29-2012 10:39 AM

Anyone here work at a hotel?

I do and I'm beginning to hate it. Thought it was a decent job at first but its really starting to piss me off.

I work at the front desk and also as the night auditor (which I actually don't mind since I'm a night owl) but recently its been taking a toll on me.

I work at a newly renovated hotel but so many things dont work(newly renovated my ass:mad:). The air conditioners break down (and the guest come to me to bitch), the elevator breaks down (the guests come to me to bitch), the side doors don't work(the guests come to me to bitch) and their key cards dont work...you get the idea. I'm pretty sure the maintenance team is incompetent and I get the blame for it from the guests.:banghead:

Oh and my manager/supervisor is a smug little prick. I'm quite sure that a family member of his got him the job.

In conclusion, I don't recommend working at a hotel lol

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 10:44 AM

Be happy to have a job in this economy.

Sucky 05-29-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644884)

Very true.

rocknrolla 05-29-2012 10:47 AM

I worked as a bellmen in Denver when I was in my 20's. And loved it. I met some of my best friends doing that. But night audit would suck donkey balls. It's not a bad industry at all, if you get with a good hotel.
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze 05-29-2012 11:14 AM

I'm a concierge. It can be a pain, mainly because most people don't know what a concierge is for. Still, it beats waiting tables. You wanna be blamed for other people's **** ups give that a try.

CrazyPhuD 05-29-2012 12:04 PM

Only by the hour.

keg in kc 05-29-2012 12:07 PM

I was a night auditor on the weekends during college, has to be 17 or 18 years ago now. That's what screwed my circadian rhythm up for most of my adult life. Working 11 to 7 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then on Monday my first class was at 8 am and my last was a music group that met (for credit) at midnight. Worst schedule I've ever had for anything in my life. I made it about 6 weeks before I started skipping all my monday morning classes.

Bugeater 05-29-2012 12:10 PM

Sounds like the problem is who you work with, not where you work. And Clay is wrong, you shouldn't just be thankful to have a job. Go out and find something that makes you happy.

sedated 05-29-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8645086)
I was a night auditor on the weekends during college, has to be 17 or 18 years ago now. That's what screwed my circadian rhythm up for most of my adult life. Working 11 to 7 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then on Monday my first class was at 8 am and my last was a music group that met (for credit) at midnight. Worst schedule I've ever had for anything in my life. I made it about 6 weeks before I started skipping all my monday morning classes.

Try this schedule out for a couple of years:

Monday: 10am-8pm
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: 4pm-2am
Thursday: 4pm-2am
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 7am-5pm
Sunday: 7am-5pm

By Friday, my clock was so screwed up that I’d sleep most of the day.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8645089)
Sounds like the problem is who you work with, not where you work. And Clay is wrong, you shouldn't just be thankful to have a job. Go out and find something that makes you happy.

Lots of people are out of work.

Complaining about working is just whiny and indicates entitlement issues.

Saulbadguy 05-29-2012 12:19 PM

What hotel line?

loochy 05-29-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8645094)
Lots of people are out of work.

Complaining about working is just whiny and indicates entitlement issues.

Heh....and these guys voluntarily put themselves out of work:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...25-712827.html

keg in kc 05-29-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8645092)
Try this schedule out for a couple of years:

Monday: 10am-8pm
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: 4pm-2am
Thursday: 4pm-2am
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 7am-5pm
Sunday: 7am-5pm

By Friday, my clock was so screwed up that I’d sleep most of the day.

That's not so different from what I had. Except I was never off.

Monday: class 8 am - 4 pm, midnight rehearsal.
Tuesday: class 9:30 am - 2 pm, work 3 -11
Wednesday: class 8 am - 4 pm
Thursday: class 9:30 am - 2 pm, work 3 - 11
Friday: class 10 am - 4 pm, work 11 pm - 7 am
Saturday: work 11 pm - 7 am
Sunday: work 11 pm - 7 am

Full class load around 20 hours, working full time with 3 of the 5 days being at night. Something had to give, and unfortunately it was my GPA. I never missed work, but class eventually became...optional.

Brock 05-29-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644884)

That's for losers.

Sucky 05-29-2012 01:01 PM

I'll admit that I am bitching like a little bitch. Looking back at it now its not that bad really but I work at a so called 4 star hotel and there are so many problems we have with the place it just pisses me off. I have to kiss the guests' asses every time they complain to me.

And dont even get me started on the mofos that come in and try to negotiate prices. ****in pisses me off.

I do like my co workers though (just not my manager)