ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Here is the roster for the seaso... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286)

wutamess 08-22-2000 09:28 AM

WR:Alexander, Lockett, Parker, Morris, DarDar
RB:Cloud, Anders, Bennett, Richardson, Moreau, Hall(maybe)
TE:Gonzalez, Drayton, Jacoby
OL: Riley, Tait, Grunhard, Szott, Shields, Gammon, Spears, Blackshear, Smith
QB: Grbac, Moon, Collins
P: Saurbrun
K: Stoyanovich
LB: Patton, Edwards, Bush, Stills, George, Mazlowski, Terry
DL: Clemmons, McGlockton, Williams, Hicks, Browning, Word, Parten, Martin (maybe)
DBs: Hasty, Woods, Atkins, Dishman, Warfield, Bartee, Wesley, Dennis, Walker

There is still room for like 2 or 3 players...I think this totals 50 or 51.

Who else will make the team...who won't?

------------------
joe
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car." (j. handy)

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 08-22-2000).]

bkkcoh 08-22-2000 09:33 AM

Keep Alford. The upside is huge and we got him for a song. Keep him and grow him in our system.

xoxo~
gaz
wants to keep that legendary Chiefs OL.<BR>

Smltheppl 08-22-2000 09:37 AM

Good call Gaz, Riley will be entering his last year, and I don't see us spending a big amount on him. I noticed Stills is missing, I think this is correct, no one seems happy with him. I think Ransom over Martin or Word. We may keep another young WR, and I think O'neal makes the team

wutamess 08-22-2000 09:41 AM

Okay, if we keep Alford, that leaves like 1 additional player to complete the roster...who will it be?....

KCRed, I included Stills...Ransom could take Martins place on the DL...

------------------
joe
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car." (j. handy)

kcmax 08-22-2000 09:45 AM

Joe - my vote would be for O'Neal (LB) - he's got big upside potential as a bundle of sticksent.

Smltheppl 08-22-2000 09:48 AM

Brad Willis OL, I think he beat out Stai, and he can play Center, which may put Smith in danger.

wutamess 08-22-2000 09:49 AM

gaz, you had to be happy with the way Clemmons looked...I was...I see some potential QB crushing...and McGlockton was possessed...he blew up the line a few times...this could be the best DL we've ever had...

------------------
joe

wutamess 08-22-2000 09:51 AM

I think Smith is gone....I just read in the KC Star after Smith jumped offsides in practice Gun said something like "That's why you're going to be looking for a job"...Gun ain't playing...he won't tolorate penalties...can you blame him...how many points did we give up or lose because of stupid penalties?....

------------------
joe

kcmax 08-22-2000 09:52 AM

Hey Joe - Buch Buchannon may have had a few things to say about your comment http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

wutamess 08-22-2000 09:53 AM

ChiTown, O'Neal instead of another LB or as part of the group I listed?

I said could be...but let me rephrase my comment out of respect for that great Chiefs team...this could be our best DL in over 20 years...

joe

Smltheppl 08-22-2000 09:54 AM

Different eras, but no way this ranks up there with Buck, Mays, Culp and Stills. Not even sure about Phillips, Sally, Smith, and the other guy.

HankStram 08-22-2000 09:56 AM

I can't remember where I saw it but I read something yesterday or Friday that was very positive about Alford. It said the O line coach was seeing very good progress.

kcmax 08-22-2000 09:57 AM

I would keep O'Neal over Stills, and add some additional help at QB. Collins (for that matter all our back-ups) scare the hell out of me. Not sure who we would sign, though. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

wutamess 08-22-2000 09:58 AM

While Buchannon, Culp, Still, et al...may be the best...I think what we have now has the potential to be better then Smith, Sally, Phillips...DT was not a true lineman so out of respect for him I will not include him as part of any DL group...

If Williams plays like he did three years ago...and Clemmons continues what I saw last week...this will be the best DL in many a year...

------------------
joe

wutamess 08-22-2000 10:02 AM

Let's hope there are some fair QBs cut or released in the next week or so...Grbac is okay if he gets his head out of his *** but if he goes down...we are in trouble...at this point, Moon should still be #2 because I shudder at the thought of Collins coming in if EG gets hurt...I think Moon will be okay if he gets the playing time...at least for this year...

------------------
joe