ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What is your "prized possession"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274907)

mr. tegu 07-29-2013 03:53 PM

I have some cool things and other things with sentimental value, but I don't know of anything I have that is so prized as to be irreplaceable. I guess the most irreplaceable things I have are those that came from our honeymoon. I could replace them but it would cost a lot to go down there to get them.

Easy 6 07-29-2013 03:55 PM

I should've been able to say grandpas old double barrel, black powder Parker shotgun... but i sold it like a FOOL many years ago, just thinking about it pisses me off but good.

gblowfish 07-29-2013 04:05 PM

There's only a couple things I would put in this category. One: The football my mom and dad gave me with all the signatures from the Chiefs IV Super Bowl team. Two: The American Flag from my dad's burial service that was over his coffin. I'll never give that up.

DaFace 07-29-2013 04:07 PM

I've never been much of the type to cherish things. That's not to say I don't appreciate the finer things in life - I've got three HDTV's for starters - just that the individual items can be pretty easily replaced if necessary.

About the most prized "possession" I have is my wife and I's giant picture collection, and all of those are digital and backed up online. If it weren't for the digital age, I'm sure I'd prize a box of old photos.

Frosty 07-29-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9843448)
I've never been much of the type to cherish things. That's not to say I don't appreciate the finer things in life - I've got three HDTV's for starters - just that the individual items can be pretty easily replaced if necessary.

About the most prized "possession" I have is my wife and I's giant picture collection, and all of those are digital and backed up online. If it weren't for the digital age, I'm sure I'd prize a box of old photos.

I'm still working on digitizing our old photos so we can back them up off-site. It's very time consuming, though.

Dayze 07-29-2013 04:19 PM

probably my American Telecaster; ash all the way around.

paid damn near $2k for it in 1999. great great guitar.

007 07-29-2013 04:20 PM

My wife and kids

cosmo20002 07-29-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9843282)
What is your "prized possession"?

pron stash

/Pre-internet response of most of CP

blaise 07-29-2013 04:23 PM

I have writings that I would say are my prized posessions. Files of plays I've written, drafts on my computer.

Prison Bitch 07-29-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9843475)
My wife and kids

Ineligible.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-29-2013 04:25 PM

Your mother's first dollar earned as a whore. Tough sell/CP

007 07-29-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9843484)
Ineligible.

Then nothing.

Brando 07-29-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9843416)
Kind of hard to pin down "prized possession." I have some stuff that has a great deal of personal sentimental value that wouldn't be worth much to other people - there's an orange light bulb sitting in an ashtray on one of my shelves that nobody would even notice or give two shits about, but the light bulb is from the marquee of the long-since-destroyed Kennedy Theater in my home town, and the ashtray is from my ship, which was decommissioned, used for target practice and sank in the Pacific last summer. My grandfather was a World War I veteran - I keep his burial flag in a case on the headboard of my bed. I could get another flag if something happened to it, but it wouldn't be that flag. I don't have any stuff like that that's actually worth any money. The stuff I do have that's worth money could easily be replaced.

These are all good items. I'm guessing Mrs Frazod would beg you to save her cat tap :)

KCUnited 07-29-2013 04:30 PM

My rad music collection. Limited editions, hand numbered releases, original pressings; it would be impossible to replace.

Dayze 07-29-2013 04:34 PM

second for me would be an opened bottle of McCormick whiskey (or bourbon..can't remember) in the shape of a Chiefs helmet; sold after they won the championship.

My wife's grandfather, who worked as a distributor down in the north-end, bouth probably 20 of them in '69 and planned to give all his grandkids one someday.

after her grandpa died, her grandma was going through his stuff and found a huge box of them and the remembered he wanted to give them to the grandkids.

it's still sealed in the original giftwrap plastic stuff.