ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184351)

T-post Tom 05-05-2008 11:28 PM

Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint.

Statements from witnesses indicate that the two suspects were wearing helmets with horseshoe emblems. One of the suspects was wearing a t-shirt with the number 88 on it...

Steelers draft pick Mendenhall robbed
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- Pittsburgh Steelers first-round draft pick Rashard Mendenhall was robbed at gunpoint along the Chicago lakefront early Monday, his mother and agent said.

The former running back was not hurt in the robbery, during which two people stole Mendenhall's wallet and cellular telephone, his mother, Sybil Mendenhall, told the Chicago Tribune.

"He didn't get hit or anything, he didn't get hurt or anything," Sybil Mendenhall said. "He's fine."

Police spokesman John Mirabelli said a man and a woman were robbed at the lakefront around 2 a.m. Monday by two offenders, but declined to identify the victims. No one was in custody for the crime, he said.

"It was obviously a scary moment," Mendenhall's agent, Mike McCartney, told the Chicago Sun-Times. "But he is fine. He is doing great. He said he doesn't have anything that is worth his life."

The Steelers selected Mendenhall with the 23rd pick in this year's NFL draft.

The 20-year-old Mendenhall skipped his senior year at Illinois to enter the draft. He was the 2007 Big Ten offensive player of the year.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

keg in kc 05-05-2008 11:39 PM

What the fuck is going on this offseason.

Thig Lyfe 05-05-2008 11:52 PM

Mendenhall! Mendenhall!

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...feld_s8e17.jpg

CoMoChief 05-05-2008 11:55 PM

WTF was he doing on the CHI lakefront at 2AM? Get a cab and go home. I swear these ghetto thug ******s have no ****ing clue on how to keep it low key. Nothing good happens there at that time of night. There are MANY bums that live on the lakefront off of Lake shore drive that have absolutely NOTHING to lose.

Rausch 05-05-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4736092)
WTF was he doing on the CHI lakefront at 2AM?

Martinis?...

Thig Lyfe 05-05-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

WTF was he doing on the CHI lakefront at 2AM?

Must be a gay sex hangout.

Thig Lyfe 05-06-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

WTF was he doing on the CHI lakefront at 2AM? Get a cab and go home. I swear these ghetto thug ******s have no ****ing clue on how to keep it low key. Nothing good happens there at that time of night. There are MANY bums that live on the lakefront off of Lake shore drive that have absolutely NOTHING to lose.

He's from Skokie, Illinois... not exactly the ghetto...

HMMM... I wonder what made you draw that conclusion?!?!?

CoMoChief 05-06-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 4736100)
He's from Skokie, Illinois... not exactly the ghetto...

HMMM... I wonder what made you draw that conclusion?!?!?

You won't see any white people with half a brain out at that time of night at that place in town unless you want trouble.

Either some people just don't give a shit. Or they are looking for trouble.

Larry Johnson grew up in a good part of town too. Are you saying LJ isn't a thug? The mother ****er hits women and endorses the hip hop lifestlye.

KcMizzou 05-06-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4736116)
You won't see any white people with half a brain out at that time of night at that place in town unless you want trouble.

Larry Johnson grew up in a good part of town too. Are you saying LJ isn't a thug? The mother ****er hits women and endorses the hip hop lifestlye.

DEAR LORD!!!!!

Thig Lyfe 05-06-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Are you saying LJ isn't a thug? The mother ****er hits women

Because white men never hit women.

Bill S Preston 05-06-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...hatsRacist.gif

Mr. Flopnuts 05-06-2008 12:51 AM

This is going to be a 100 post thread. You heard it here first.

Anyong Bluth 05-06-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about? I live in Chicago, about a mile and a 1/2 from the lakefont, and 2am is not late at all to be out, bars are open til 5am, and a lot of people go out late on Sundays for Sunday Funday!

A LOT of extremely nice neighborhoods are right by the lakefront and harbors. He wasn't doing a damn thing out of the ordinary. Congrats on talking out of your ass.

UPDATE: So I checked out the location of where he was held up- south of the loop. 39th street. Which means he probably took the Redline to that stop. I don't venture a lot down south, but probably not my favorite place to be traipsing around at that time. I do find it odd that he refused to give any description to the police.

On a sidenote, my friend and I did get held up at gunpoint last Tuesday night, and it was completely random- having a smoke outside a Irish Pub. Chicago has been nutty since the spring. A few weeks back, something like 36 people were shot over a weekend, and robberies have been up. We had our worst winter here since at least '83. The natives are restless a bit I guess....

ChiefsCountry 05-06-2008 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement (Post 4736165)
Congrats on talking out of your ass.

Thats pretty common for CoMo.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-06-2008 01:31 AM

I take it that his neck is so big from all the times he's stuck his foot in his mouf.