ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270181)

htismaqe 02-19-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9415813)
I agree 100%.

Unlike so many people, at this point in time, I'm advocate of the best possible QB option for the 2013 Chiefs season.

If that's Foles, or Alex Smith or Matt Flynn, Eugene Smith or Zac Dysert, whatever, I'm good with it.

Those people that state that Eugene Smith the ONLY answer are myopic fools.

Good thing that there's only like 1 or 2 of those people.

keg in kc 02-19-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415844)
I agree with everything you've said there. I'd rather have Geno as well.

But Alex is a nice player in his own right.

As to the Geno vs. Tannehill comps - Tannehill has more upside than Geno. Tannehill could be really really good. I still think he'd have been right up there with RGIII had he been a QB for his entire college career.

He has literally every tool you could ask for in a QB, he's taken well to coaching and he's shown consistent improvement every step of the way.

If Tannehill were in the draft, I might actually take him over Geno. Tannehill's upside is immense.

Jesus, the tannehill crap never dies.

Ace Gunner 02-19-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9415876)
Jesus, the tannehill crap never dies.

I don't see the talent

patteeu 02-19-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9415520)
It's the QB at all costs crowd.

I and many others are saying that there is a pretty clear and OBVIOUS direction this team should go at #1. It's far more obvious than the draft "experts" make it out to be given the surrounding talent at other positions at the top of this draft, among other reasons.

This really isn't a case where WELL THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION is a valid rebuttal or disagreement. And if Reid or Dorsey deviate from that strategy and it grants us a subpar QB like Nassib, Dysert, or Jones in this draft, there's going to be hell to pay.

"It's your opinion" isn't a rebuttal, but it is a fact.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415844)
I agree with everything you've said there. I'd rather have Geno as well.

But Alex is a nice player in his own right.

As to the Geno vs. Tannehill comps - Tannehill has more upside than Geno. Tannehill could be really really good. I still think he'd have been right up there with RGIII had he been a QB for his entire college career.

He has literally every tool you could ask for in a QB, he's taken well to coaching and he's shown consistent improvement every step of the way.

If Tannehill were in the draft, I might actually take him over Geno. Tannehill's upside is immense.

I agree with you on a great many things. This isn't one of them.

RealSNR 02-19-2013 02:20 PM

I kinda hope Tannehill sucks a fat one and bombs out of the NFL. I wanted us to draft him last year, but since we didn't and that story came out about him not knowing the names of any NFL teams or where they belong in the divisions, I think he's a royal douche.

RealSNR 02-19-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415884)
"It's your opinion" isn't a rebuttal, but it is a fact.

Really? Whenever I post stuff about the non-QBs at the top of the 2013 class being garbage, I get met with "That's just your opinion" in response.

DJ's left nut 02-19-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415886)
I agree with you on a great many things. This isn't one of them.

Eh, that's fine.

He may never develop enough touch to be among the best in the league. But his arm is on par with anyone this side of Stafford and Kaepernick and his athleticism is there with anybody's.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he'll never be a good decisionmaker; the kid has very little time under center and showed a lot of progress last year.

He's a massive boom/bust pick, but if the bust is what he did last year and the boom is essentially a more mobile, durable Matt Stafford, I don't see what there isn't to like about him.

keg in kc 02-19-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9415898)
Really? Whenever I post stuff about the non-QBs at the top of the 2013 class being garbage, I get met with "That's just your opinion" in response.

I like when they say "we shouldn't draft a QB just because it's a need" and then immediately follow that up with "we should draft joeckel or fisher to replace albert".

htismaqe 02-19-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415901)
Eh, that's fine.

He may never develop enough touch to be among the best in the league. But his arm is on par with anyone this side of Stafford and Kaepernick and his athleticism is there with anybody's.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he'll never be a good decisionmaker; the kid has very little time under center and showed a lot of progress next year.

He's a massive boom/bust pick, but if the bust is what he did last year and the boom is essentially a more mobile, durable Matt Stafford, I don't see what there isn't to like about him.

That's totally fair.

I kind of see him in between. Kind of like Matt Ryan. Good enough to get you there every year but not really good enough to get you over the top.

DJ's left nut 02-19-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415908)
That's totally fair.

I kind of see him in between. Kind of like Matt Ryan. Good enough to get you there every year but not really good enough to get you over the top.

And I don't see him ever being Matt Ryan; the physical skills are too good.

If he doesn't get over the hump, he becomes a Jay Cutler type - the guy that's always just a little too confident in his arm. He'll scramble around to stay alive, take too many hits and try to fire the ball into too many tight spaces. Suddenly he becomes an injury prone turnover machine.

Ryan's a smart QB that's merely good form a 'measurables' perspective. Tannehill owns the measurables but may never be a smart QB. That's why I see his 'middle ground' as Jay Cutler.

ndws 02-19-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9415300)
I AM trusting the professionals. The reports are out there that nobody wants or gives a shit about Alex Smith.

I know quite a bit about Geno Smith. I know he's got a chance of being a really really good QB in this league. I and other professionals in the business know that it's an infinitesimally small chance that Alex Smith becomes as good as Geno could possibly be.

That's why teams will spend a first round pick on Geno (hopefully it's the Chiefs who do it). They WON'T be trading a first round pick to the 49ers for Alex Smith. And I doubt a team does it for a 2nd or a 3rd, either.

Not being a dick, simply not knowing anybody here...but you work in some capacity in professional football?

RealSNR 02-19-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9415935)
Not being a dick, simply not knowing anybody here...but you work in some capacity in professional football?

Okay, take out the "other" in the sentence. Typo.

beach tribe 02-19-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9415635)
Throw Camtasia Studio on it and grab the footage man. Trial version is free.

We would all appreciate it.

Ill try it when I get home.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415929)
And I don't see him ever being Matt Ryan; the physical skills are too good.

If he doesn't get over the hump, he becomes a Jay Cutler type - the guy that's always just a little too confident in his arm. He'll scramble around to stay alive, take too many hits and try to fire the ball into too many tight spaces. Suddenly he becomes an injury prone turnover machine.

Ryan's a smart QB that's merely good form a 'measurables' perspective. Tannehill owns the measurables but may never be a smart QB. That's why I see his 'middle ground' as Jay Cutler.

To be fair to Tannehill, I don't see some of the red flags when it comes to personality that I see with Cutler. Cutler is an A#1 douche.