ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270181)

the Talking Can 02-19-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415235)
I think the Chiefs will win because Andy Reid has a long history of doing it.

And in particular, he has a long history of finding lesser known QB's that he plugs into his system to significant success. So much so, that he sells them off to the highest bidder. I love that. That plays in our favor.

please elaborate on this success he's had with QBs not named McNabb....

mr. tegu 02-19-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415301)
We (fans) don't have the tools to give the best answer to that. It's hard enough job when you have all of the tools. It's PURE FANTASY to pretend that fans with other jobs can do a better job in the long run, than any pro doing their job using all the tools they have.

I'm not avoiding your question, my answer is that we shouldn't try to (seriously) answer that question. Have fun with the talk, but don't flip out when others disagree... specifically when those others are highly paid professionals.

Pioli was a highly paid professional.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-19-2013 10:48 AM

Defer to authority!!!! Remember that in DC land.

jAZ 02-19-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9415306)
Yeah.....just completely blow by the fact that you were ****ing wrong.

Please... AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb both performed for AR and were traded for high picks (2nd round at least) because the Eagles had the luxury of a better option at QB already.

the Talking Can 02-19-2013 10:53 AM

what's the point of a message board where you're constantly told to "be quiet, you're not a real GM"?

should we just discuss beer (even though we aren't real brewers)?

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415286)
My view is that you trust the professionals, always. The process they use is far more substantive and informed than the process almost any fan uses.

The process they use is entirely self-serving and born out of a need to subsist in their job more than anything else.

The "process" for fans and GMs alike, is entirely subjective.

siberian khatru 02-19-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9415343)
what's the point of a message board where you're constantly told to "be quiet, you're not a real GM"?

should we just discuss beer (even though we aren't real brewers)?

Poop threads. Nothing but poop threads. We're all experts in that.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415294)
Like I said if he decides to pick Geno Smith #1 overall, that's great. Fan views on the matter mean nothing.

So you're just going to ignore the totally erroneous statement you made and instead focus on one small part of your argument?

jAZ 02-19-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9415327)
Defer to authority!!!! Remember that in DC land.

This has nothing to do with "authority" it has to do with being an experienced professional who wakes up every day studying game film and conducting interviews with players and coaches and developing game plans and coaching players every day.

the Talking Can 02-19-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415342)
Please... AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb both performed for AR and were traded for high picks (2nd round at least) because the Eagles had the luxury of a better option at QB already.

both of those QBs suck shit

jAZ 02-19-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415348)
The process they use is entirely self-serving and born out of a need to subsist in their job more than anything else.

The "process" for fans and GMs alike, is entirely subjective.

I would expect more from you. See my last post for why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9415354)
both of those QBs suck shit

Andy Reid is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415351)
So you're just going to ignore the totally erroneous statement you made and instead focus on one small part of your argument?

No.

ModSocks 02-19-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415235)
I think the Chiefs will win because Andy Reid has a long history of doing it.

And in particular, he has a long history of finding lesser known QB's that he plugs into his system to significant success. So much so, that he sells them off to the highest bidder. I love that. That plays in our favor.

It also tips the scales toward taking BPA, not QB with our #1. And if that doesn't work out this year, the odds are that in a few years, it will work out.

If AR wants Alex Smith over Geno Smith, then I'd be pretty excited to have Alex Smith playing in this system under this coach.

Now if AR wants Geno Smith over all other options, then I'll be just as excited to have him playing in this system under this coach.

Putting much stock into what fans want is just silly.

Its funny when people talk about "More options" because what they mean to say is "Alex Smith" since there really isn't any other options.

Matt Flynn is the other name always thrown around. Terrible.

This fanbase has battered QB syndrome.

No matter how many shit QB's they've had, they keep coming back for more. It's like a woman with an abusive boyfriend just asking to get punched in the face again.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415308)
Shenanigans.

Alex Smith was a fumbling kick returner away from a SB in 2011. When he went down in 2012 he was leading the NFL in passer efficiency and got benched for a guy that was just a hell of a lot more dynamic than Alex. Y'know what? Kaepernick's a hell of a lot more dynamic than Geno is as well.

Give Smith a good team and he can get you to 12 wins. And yes, it's absolutely possible that he could get hot like Flacco and take a team to the SB - he should have in 2011.

I'm getting really tired of people that feel that have to slam Alex Smith to justify Geno Smith. All that does is diminish Geno. Alex Smith would be as good as Trent Green was in KC under Andy Reid, I honestly believe that. Geno has the upside to be the top 10 guy that Alex doesn't, but that doesn't mean Alex is crap.

I'm not slamming Alex Smith to justify Geno Smith.

I'm slamming Alex Smith because he DESERVES IT.

His brief 20-game stint under Harbaugh is the EXCEPTION for his career, not the rule.

There is zero reason, other than blind faith, to believe he'll recreate 2011-2012 once he's removed from the Harbaugh environment.