ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   If you have had problems logging into the Picks or Rankings section let us know (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=17909)

tommykat 08-03-2001 09:45 PM

Zebedee DuBois

Me too.........I used to go to my favorites and hit it. Now each time it says I'm not logged in or I have to go to the Planet.com and go from there. Something isn't right here.:confused:

KS Smitty 08-03-2001 09:56 PM

Our problem is that our pooter freezes up when we go to the photo page. We have no problem with the power rankings and we haven't tried picks but it seems the size of some of the pictures in the photos are so large they clog up the system? BTW we're on dial up connection at (supposedly) 56K.

old_geezer 08-04-2001 04:49 AM

Reading this is weird. Since the new Planet went into effect I have had no trouble at all. The speed is fantastic and I can get on anytime. I logged in once and haven't had to since. I visited the power rankings and the photo page several times with no problem (even posted my picture to scare away any viruses that might be lurking around). I'm on a dial-up connection with 56k modum also and running Windows Me. Maybe it has something to do with the operating system? :confused:

It's also on my favorites list and all I do is click and POOF, I'm on the Planet. :cool:

Gaz 08-04-2001 07:41 AM

As good a theory as any...

Quote:

Maybe it has something to do with the operating system?
I am on Windows NT at work and Windows ME at home.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pressing his nose up against the Power Rankings and Pick 'Em glass.

Bob Dole 08-04-2001 08:00 AM

Bob Dole knows what you're saying, Smitty. Bob Dole was out of town most of the week and dialing in from a hotel room, and those 700k+ photos just take too long to load.

Mike 08-04-2001 01:29 PM

For those of you that are having trouble logging into the picks and power ranking sections:

Make sure that you have cookies enabled. If you're not sure, try to login in to the picks section and then go to your address bar and type:

javascript: alert(document.cookie)

If you see a window with no text (look for your username), then you don't have cookies enabled.

You do not need to have cookies enabled to use the bulletin board. So just because you can post on the BB doesn't necessarily mean that cookies are on.

If you a still having problems, send me a smoke signal and I'll get you in!

Have Fun!!!!

Mike

Mike 08-04-2001 01:31 PM

For some reason, in my previous post the BB is putting a space between java and script. This should be one word, so if you are cutting and pasting, make sure you remove the space.

Mike

Logical 08-04-2001 09:58 PM

Mike,

I am getting a message that says BBLASTVISIT=(then some number) BBUSERID=42 then a whole lot more but this does nothing to help me. I verified I have cookies enabled under preferences.

What is next?

By the way it does not work in either Netscape or MS Explorer.

I just had to login to the BB on MS Internet Explorer so I know that I have the correct Login and BB password.

Rausch 08-05-2001 01:53 AM

As far as I know cookies are on, and I'm useing Netscape.....Explorer ALWAYS crashes on my Mac...

Help.....:(

Rausch 08-05-2001 01:54 AM

Still no options available other than bb...:mad:

Mike 08-05-2001 10:45 AM

Brad, Logical,

I sent you both Smoke Signals about the login.

Mike

WarPaint 08-05-2001 12:11 PM

Can't seem to log into the picks, and I have enabled my cookies, hell, I love cookies!

Mike 08-07-2001 02:57 PM

Finally

Apologies to all using Netscape! There was a glitch in the code (more like a glitch in Netscape) that prevented users from authenticating when using Netscape. This has been corrected. You should be able to access the "Picks" and "Power Rankings" sections now.

If any of you continue to have problems, please let me know.

FYI: You will still need to have cookies enabled to use these sections.

Thanks for your patience!

Mike

talcool1 08-07-2001 03:50 PM

That fixed it for me. Thanks to all who ironed this one out.

D
:cool:

Rausch 08-09-2001 09:30 PM

Still can't get into pics section......:o