ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rumor - Pioli offered two year extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265089)

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-14-2012 10:44 AM

Q

siberian khatru 10-14-2012 10:45 AM

Why would you offer to extend him as a way to make it easier to fire him if he's already under contract for 2013? That would indicate that Pioli will be back but on a very short leash. But if you have that little confidence in him, why extend him at all? Why not wait on an extension until sometime next season, to see how things are going?

Is it only because it's standard practice to not let a GM (or coach, IIRC) enter the final year of a contract? That protocol forces Clark to give him an extension, even though he's this close to not letting Pioli continue past 2013 anyway?

DeezNutz 10-14-2012 10:46 AM

I'm not seeing this as a positive because there is more than enough evidence to fire Pioli now. Pay his $5M for '13 and move on. Negotiating a buyout of what? $2M, hypothetically? Please.

Logic suggests that if the extension is signed, Pioli will get at least two more years, and I don't want this loser to have two more days.

chiefzilla1501 10-14-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9010090)
Would be awesome if Clark fired Pioli on the field after the game and didn't let him ride the team plane home.

Would be even funnier if he was forced to ride home in a plane donning a banner

htismaqe 10-14-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9010088)
Think about it.

The language of a buyout is the sticking point, meaning that Clark has put it on the table that if things dont turn around, he can fire SP on the cheap.

This means Pioli would have 3 more years (after 2012) and that he would need to draft a quarterback or find some way to get real results.

I've thought about and it's still a stupid idea.

This guy doesn't deserve anymore chances.

He'll NEVER find a way to get REAL results. He doesn't have it in him. He's too preoccupied with stuff that shouldn't matter.

BossChief 10-14-2012 10:48 AM

Id LOVE to read this buyout language.

I bet it has to do with playoff wins.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9010096)
Why would you offer to extend him as a way to make it easier to fire him

Because you want to fire him. And save money.

Why is this hard to understand. LMAO

qabbaan 10-14-2012 10:48 AM

Screw you guys, this is a possible glimmer of hope when viewed from one specific angle, I'm grabbing it and holding on tight.

htismaqe 10-14-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9010096)
Why would you offer to extend him as a way to make it easier to fire him if he's already under contract for 2013? That would indicate that Pioli will be back but on a very short leash. But if you have that little confidence in him, why extend him at all? Why not wait on an extension until sometime next season, to see how things are going?

Is it only because it's standard practice to not let a GM (or coach, IIRC) enter the final year of a contract? That protocol forces Clark to give him an extension, even though he's this close to not letting Pioli continue past 2013 anyway?

Exactly.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-14-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9010092)
Q

Get over it.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9010099)
Logic suggests that if the extension is signed, Pioli will get at least two more years, and I don't want this loser to have two more days.

And if the buyout is favorable to Clark, Pioli can sign on the dotted line and be fired in December.

A 2-year extension means shit.

If it was a 5-year deal I'd be worried.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-14-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9010112)
Get over it.

It's a Q

siberian khatru 10-14-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9010108)
Because you want to fire him. And save money.

Why is this hard to understand. LMAO

His current buyout is more expensive than an extension's buyout?

Clark is saying, Here, sign this contract extension ... but if I fire you in 2013, what I owe you for 2014-15 is less than what I owe you now?

DeezNutz 10-14-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9010115)
And if the buyout is favorable to Clark, Pioli can sign on the dotted line and be fired in December.

A 2-year extension means shit.

If it was a 5-year deal I'd be worried.

Pioli isn't that stupid. He wouldn't sign and collect his money. Furthermore, a professional isn't going to offer a transparently bullshit document to his hand-picked GM.

I understand that people are desperate to see Pioli gone, but we're making up wild guesses to try to support our cause.

If an extension is on the table, Pioli sees, at least, the end of the '13 season. I don't even view this statement as arguable.

He's back. Perhaps on a short leash, but he's back.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-14-2012 10:53 AM

Remember when Lamar wouldn't fire Carl for not doing his job? Yeah same thing.