ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games what game have you logged the most hours on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271959)

OmahaChief 04-11-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9576020)
Props. I don't regret one bit of it.
Infact, I went back and played project 1999 emulator because I missed it.
Everquest classic is hands down the best game ever made.

I could not agree more. I had a great time within the game and actually met people that I am still friend with outside the game. Every year a group of us would get together from all over the place. One of our guys would fly in from Australia even.

I am not sure there will ever be anything close to EQ for me. It really was so unique at the time. I tried WoW but after playing EQ the rush was not there in WoW for me. The sheer sense of fear I had going on some raids or into some zones was what got me hooked.

OmahaChief 04-11-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9577757)
What made you finally quit playing it?

At the end I was only playing like 5 to 6 hours a day and had started to work out becuase I got fat. I met my wife to be at the gym and it was better to spend time with her. Always thought I might go back at some point then we had two kids and playing with them is far more important than a video game.

Mr. Laz 04-11-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9577808)
At the end I was only playing like 5 to 6 hours a day and had started to work out becuase I got fat. I met my wife to be at the gym and it was better to spend time with her. Always thought I might go back at some point then we had two kids and playing with them is far more important than a video game.

so real life kicked video game's ass?

OmahaChief 04-11-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9576744)
It was especially fun back in 1999/2000 era when raiding was really discovered in Everquest. Getting 100+ random people on the server to try and break Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate to get corpses until 5am was strangely the best time I'd not want to go through again, hah.

LOL. I always thought Fear was by far the worst. We handled Hate pretty well and owned the Maestro and Innoruk over and over.

Fear we always seemed to get wiped out at least once and the corpse recovery after entering took to long. I played a Necro and Cleric so my Necro was always on summon duty while my cleric was rezzing. I loved two boxing it made it more of a challenge.

OmahaChief 04-11-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9577813)
so real life kicked video game's ass?

That it did, as well it should. Plus a game ain't putting out like a real life woman! :LOL:

Demonpenz 04-11-2013 11:03 AM

The legend had it that OmahaChief would go to the ONLINE store and order a hat for his woman everyday of the week because he knew how much his wife loved hats. When he passed the found a bunch of hats still in the boxes he hadn't yet given her.

crossbow 04-11-2013 11:04 AM

Everquest 2. Ran a guild for five years. Logged in when I got home from work and all day on weekends.

OmahaChief 04-11-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9577890)
The legend had it that OmahaChief would go to the ONLINE store and order a hat for his woman everyday of the week because he knew how much his wife loved hats. When he passed the found a bunch of hats still in the boxes he hadn't yet given her.

:LOL:

Dartgod 04-11-2013 11:49 AM

I used to log tons of hours on Duke Nukem 3D and Microsoft Golf 3.0 back in the day.

In Golf, I played in leagues and tournaments for 2-3 years running. I even qualified for the online version of the Ryder Cup team.

The only other game that I've played over multiple years is COD 2. I still logon and play from time to time.

lcarus 04-11-2013 01:16 PM

Sadly, probably World of War Crack. Its the only mmo ive played. Don't play it anymore though.

kcxiv 04-11-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9577756)
It was easy to do and so much fun!

yep, and when you logged off for the night you felt as if you were going to miss something when you were asleep!

Man, everyone in the guild had everyones phone numbers for when epic weapons mobs popped. I dont know how many times my phone rang because Ragefire spawned at 4 in the morning and had to kill it for cleric rez weapon.

Best time for me was when everyone would rush to Kael Drakkel to kill the Avatar of War Cycle and King Tormax. lol Sometimes you had like 3-4 guilds rushing for the Blade of Carnage.

Frosty 04-11-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9575618)
****in A... Get 2 of your buddies on there with you.. That's an arcade memory right there... I say 2 of your buddies, cause nobody wants to play the chick..

My friend always took the warrior. The wizard was lame and you're right - no one wanted to be the Valkyrie. So I was always the elf. It was easy to burn through a roll of quarters in a night. :doh!:

bowener 04-11-2013 04:51 PM

Pocket Pool

Pushead2 04-11-2013 05:02 PM

FF7

CoMoChief 04-11-2013 05:29 PM

It's prob a tie between GTA 3 San Andreas, Tecmo Super Bowl, or Mario64