ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What does everyone think about the KSU-OU game? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=14297)

Raiderhater 11-30-2000 09:56 PM

I think that the tables have turned. This time OU is the one who is all cocky and thinking this pesky little team, we beat them already this year. And KSU is the one with something to prove. Not to mention the revenge factor. I also think that OU peaked the Nebraska game. Look at how they have barely manage to win games since then. While on the other hand The Cats have turned things around. Of course this is coming from a very biased Wildcat. So what does every one else think?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Nelson Muntz 11-30-2000 10:02 PM

i think its gonna be a close game but ou will win. i just can't stand those purple pussies. nothin better than to see their football team get beat.

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

Raiderhater 11-30-2000 10:04 PM

Who is your team Slim?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Nelson Muntz 11-30-2000 10:06 PM

well for basketball its ku, for football i like to see ku win but i don't really follow them. i just like to watch all the good matchups for college football... like army and navy
florida and florida state
good games like that

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

DJay23 11-30-2000 10:10 PM

I told you I don't like K-State. Therefore, I will pull for OU. I would like to see a good game, possibly with some controversial call much like the K-State/A&M game in St. Louis. The purple pussies will think they are the best and cry about how they should woulda coulda.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Archie F. Swin 11-30-2000 10:12 PM

KSU will have to play the perfect football game to win . . . this a good time for Snyder and Beasley to prove to America that they have the smarts to win the big games . . . Outside of the NU game KSU hasn't proved they are top 10(AP) caliber.

Since I am a Kansan . . . I will support KSU . . . This will be a great game.

------------------
C.R. Pants
(The Resident Liberal)

[This message has been edited by Chief Red Pants (edited 11-30-2000).]

morphius 11-30-2000 10:15 PM

DJay - The game is in MO, so you might have to watch for 5 downs...

DJay23 11-30-2000 10:33 PM

Good one morph!!

Lightning Rod 12-01-2000 09:16 AM

OU 27
KSU 24
Should be a lot more fun than the Chefs Pats game.

58Forever 12-01-2000 09:25 AM

While I'm more of a K-State fan, I have to hope that OU wins....

I'd like to see a Big XII school playing for the national championship...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Chieficus 12-01-2000 09:37 AM

OU found itself humbled these past two weeks with anything but convincing wins against Texas Tech and OSU, however they are the better team.

The only thing that OU needs to worry about in this game (aside from playing to their ability) is the fact that K-state has nothing to lose and will most likely come out playing kamakazi style.

However as I'm soon to walk out onto the beautiful OU campus to head to my first class, I'll do so clad in crimsom and cream and with the thought on my mind of the reality that will come about in the game: K-state, early on, will be lifted up and then smashed head first into the Arrowhead turf.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaKCMan AP 12-01-2000 09:57 AM

I like to see the Big 12 represented, but as much as I hate Miami, I think they are getting the shaft if OU wins. If the BC crap wasn't so messed up, anyone can see it should be OU and Miami in the CHampionship game. Unfortunately, it looks more of a FSU/OU matchup.

Cannibal 12-01-2000 10:50 AM

OU won the first matchup fair and square.

"However", KSU had 10 dropped passes and had a lot of uncharacteristic bad tackling. They also gave up that huge kick return, something they never do. They really beat themselves in that first matchup.

In this meeting, if KSU gets off to a good start with WR screens to Quincy Morgan and some screens out of the backfield to the "Rock" KSU can win by 10+ points. I think they'll need to play a man to man D but only rush the front four. The last time they blitzed Heupel they did pound him into the turf at least 12 times, but he shredded them for almost 400 yards passing. So I don't they can blitz as much as they did in the first game.

If I had to pick a score, I'd say 34 for KSU and 24 for OU.

Duck Dog 12-01-2000 11:10 AM

I'm a KState backer..but they'll need to turn it up and get it going early. When they beat OU, will all you nay sayers come back for your beating?

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

Iowanian 12-01-2000 11:13 AM

for you Kstate fans...I have a friend who is developing and having a "lego-type" toy set built for stadiums....Kstate is one of the first ones...and it is supposed to be in stores in the KC area soon...