ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

jspchief 05-15-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7641917)
I haven't watched this episode yet, but Sir Loras, the Knight of Freaking Flowers, is gay? Duh. That was pretty obvious to me in the books early on.

I guess I missed the chapter where he shaved Renly's nipples then sucked his cock. oops, spoiler

jspchief 05-15-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7641893)
No, it didn't. Absolutely unnecessary.

That's the one thing about HBO that gets on my nerves - they'll work a gay angle into every goddamn thing they can if they can get away with it. I guess we're lucky they didn't have the Easy Company guys humping each other in Band of Brothers.

:shake:

Seriously. I have this picture of every person pitching a show to HBO, and the studio execs going "it all sounds great, throw in some gays and we have ourselves a show"

I'm no homophobe, but I hate the way gay has become trendy in Hollywood.

ChiefsFanatic 05-15-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7641917)
I haven't watched this episode yet, but Sir Loras, the Knight of Freaking Flowers, is gay? Duh. That was pretty obvious to me in the books early on.

It was only hinted at in the book, but it was stated in words and in deeds in the books that he was a great Knight. When you watch the episode you, I venture to say that you will be hard pressed to imagine this Loaras doing anything other than "bending the knee"

NewChief 05-15-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 7641920)
I guess I missed the chapter where he shaved Renly's nipples then sucked his cock. oops, spoiler

Haha. That might be a little over the top and gratuitous.

Hammock Parties 05-15-2011 09:04 PM

Watching dis shit. BETTER BE GOOD.

kcpasco 05-15-2011 09:10 PM

Well I guess the blackfish was cut out of season 1. That sucks because he is the only Tully I can stand.

Frazod 05-15-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 7641950)
Well I guess the blackfish was cut out of season 1. That sucks because he is the only Tully I can stand.

I kind of missed the ascent to the Eyrie as well - I guess it wasn't in the budget. The background shot sort of reminded me of the Camelot scene from Monty Python in the Holy Grail (all we needed was Patsy to say "It's only cheap CGI!").

And, of course, it was obviously far more important to have Loras go down on Renly, because, you know, shit that WASN'T IN THE ****ING BOOK AT ALL is far more important that SHIT THAT WAS IN THE BOOK.

If this turns into another friggin weekly HBO homo-humpfest, I'll not be watching. I don't care how much I like the books.

TrickyNicky 05-15-2011 09:55 PM

It does make sense, even if it was never explicitly stated in the books. It was definitely hinted at.

Despite the ye olde pillowbitergot-ry, that was a great episode.

KcMizzou 05-15-2011 09:57 PM

Yeah, not a big fan of that scene.

But I thought overall, this was the best episode of the series so far. (This coming from someone who's never read the books.)

Hammock Parties 05-15-2011 09:58 PM

Enjoyed this episode a lot more. Climax was epic.

And now...shock value cliff notes:

dwarf ****ed that shit UP

penis!

DRAGON SKULL!

EUNUCHS!

BREASTFEEDING!

MANSCAPIN QUEERS!

jesus...that's queer

KNIFE IN YOUR EYE!

Fishpicker 05-15-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7641975)
I kind of missed the ascent to the Eyrie as well - I guess it wasn't in the budget. The background shot sort of reminded me of the Camelot scene from Monty Python in the Holy Grail (all we needed was Patsy to say "It's only cheap CGI!").

And, of course, it was obviously far more important to have Loras go down on Renly, because, you know, shit that WASN'T IN THE ****ING BOOK AT ALL is far more important that SHIT THAT WAS IN THE BOOK.

If this turns into another friggin weekly HBO homo-humpfest, I'll not be watching. I don't care how much I like the books.

it was in the books. Renly's coterie of knights is called the Rainbow Guard. Renly is often mentioned as being the best dressed man in the court. In the books, the Lannisters and others are always insulting Renly by insinuating he is gay. Stannis insinuated Renly was gay too. How did you miss that?

as for Loras, well...
Spoiler!

Frazod 05-15-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 7642020)
it was in the books. Renly's coterie of knights is called the Rainbow Guard. Renly is often mentioned as being the best dressed man in the court. In the books, the Lannisters and others are always insulting Renly by insinuating he is gay. Stannis insinuated Renly was gay too. How did you miss that?

as for Loras, well...
Spoiler!

Because I don't look for it or give a shit about it? Not every foppish dandy type is gay, you know. Niles Crane bagged Daphne, not Bulldog.

Had THAT SCENE been in the book, it wouldn't bother me so much. It wasn't. Martin's implications are one thing. This is something different. It is absolute, pure 100% liberal agenda pushing bullshit, and I really don't need it rammed up the ass, so to speak, of my favorite new show.

Fishpicker 05-15-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7642031)
Because I don't look for it or give a shit about it? Not every foppish dandy type is gay, you know. Niles Crane bagged Daphne, not Bulldog.

the actor that played Niles is gay, obviously gay, that's what made the Niles/Daphne dynamic funny. you're not making any sense.

Frazod 05-15-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 7642035)
the actor that played Niles is gay, obviously gay, that's what made the Niles/Daphne dynamic funny. you're not making any sense.

Yes, I'm fully aware of that. But the character wasn't, which is my point. I've known guys who seemed like they might/could be gay that were anything but.

jspchief 05-15-2011 10:28 PM

I can honestly say I never once associated rainbow with homosexual in the world these books take place in.

I also never considered Loras or Renly to be gay.