ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Fox Sports Poll: Who Should the Chiefs Draft at No. 1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267890)

the Talking Can 12-21-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9230137)
I love this, "there is no Luck or RGIII in this draft, don't draft a QB".

So, we are likely to not see a QB drafted in the top 5 for the next 20 years?

seriously

it's the new excuse for an age old stupidity

let's be clear, if you don't think the Chiefs should draft a QB with the #1 pick in the draft you are nuclear level reerun...

Dayze 12-21-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9230164)
seriously

it's the new excuse for an age old stupidity

let's be clear, if you don't think the Chiefs should draft a QB with the #1 pick in the draft you are nuclear level reerun...

LMAO

Ace Gunner 12-21-2012 02:26 PM

pete I hate you. even more now.

HolyHat 12-21-2012 02:32 PM

I hear Ryan Simms is available again this year in the draft. Let's try him out

The Bad Guy 12-21-2012 03:15 PM

So Geno isn't good for 1 but he's good enough to take 6th? Gtfo.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-21-2012 03:41 PM

Sweet thread.

O.city 12-21-2012 03:41 PM

Can someone, anyone, explain to me the thought that someone isn't worth drafting 1st, but is worth drafting 5th?

GoChargers 12-21-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9229058)
6. San Diego Chargers: Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia

Before you freak out over this one, hear me out. I don’t think the Chargers have quarterback as the top position of need, but if Smith slips to No. 6, he’s certainly worth considering here. Philip Rivers will be entering his 10th season in San Diego come August and he’s not getting any younger. At the very least, Smith can add another look for opposing defenses to prepare for. Hey, this is taking a chance, as we don’t even know who will be coaching this team next year, but it’s worth the consideration. Smith’s not a sure-thing top-five pick in my eyes, but he’s certainly an enticing selection if you’re San Diego.

haha this guy is like legit reeruned

Sounds like a genius to me. :thumb:

In reality, anyone who thinks Joeckel is going #1 is a complete idiot.

DaWolf 12-21-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9230425)
Can someone, anyone, explain to me the thought that someone isn't worth drafting 1st, but is worth drafting 5th?

Not only that, he lists all of the QBs from last year, says there isn't anyone to the level of any of them, then says Geno at 6. Dumb...

whoman69 12-21-2012 04:06 PM

Scott Pioli and all KC GMs for the last 30 years approve of this message. Thankfully they won't be around next year to have a say.

Ugly Duck 12-21-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9230425)

That thought actually had validity before the rookie salary cap went into effect. Drafting Jamarcus Russell #1 at $61 mil over 5 years with $29 mil guaranteed was a franchise-killing disaster. The next #1 will make, what... $22 mil? If he ends up sucking, its a big setback - but its not a radioactive dirty bomb. Teams can now afford to take a flyer on the #1.

keg in kc 12-21-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9230587)
That thought actually had validity before the rookie salary cap went into effect. Drafting Jamarcus Russell #1 at $61 mil over 5 years with $29 mil guaranteed was a franchise-killing disaster. The next #1 will make, what... $22 mil? If he ends up sucking, its a big setback - but its not a radioactive dirty bomb. Teams can now afford to take a flyer on the #1.

Yep. Same hit regardless.

Although some will argue that tackle is 'safer' because you might get a passable guard out of your 22 million dollar disaster.

You guys wouldn't know anything about that, would you? o:-)

kcfanXIII 12-21-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9229409)

It must suck to be frustrated your team isn't shitty enough.

he's outside his comfort zone...

RealSNR 12-21-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9230596)
Yep. Same hit regardless.

Although some will argue that tackle is 'safer' because you might get a passable guard out of your 22 million dollar disaster.

You guys wouldn't know anything about that, would you? o:-)

Twice in one day. Twice.

You are in rare form, keg.

KCSPORTSNUT 12-21-2012 05:56 PM

DRAFT NEEDS AND ORDER

FIRST-
Manti Te'o-sure bet to not be a waste and defense would have best linebacker corp in NFL

SECOND-
Mike Glennon or Tyler Bray or Ryan Nassib (syracuse) QB's

THIRD-
Cobi Hamilton WR-burner w/ great hand -eye coordination and can beat you at line of scrimmage

Four-
Rick Wagner-tackle Wisconson

FIVE-
Ryan Otten TE San Diego State

SIX-
Rodney Smith-WR Florida State

SEVEN-
Drew Frey-SS -Cincinnatti

Possibles if available-Leon McFadden CB San Diego State,Will Davis -CB -Utah State,T J Moe-Mizzou-WR,