ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Your Thoughts on the Royals.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188591)

Gonzo 08-06-2008 02:47 PM

Your Thoughts on the Royals....

I think they have played inspired but inconsistent baseball this year. It seems as though they are very close to turning a corner though and may actually finish with a decent record this year.

Your thoughts?

Silock 08-06-2008 02:49 PM

Very close. Need some pitching help and a couple of more consistent batters to get into the playoffs still.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2008 02:50 PM

They need Gordon and Butler to continue to develop.

They need a 1st Baseman and another corner outfielder who can rake.

keg in kc 08-06-2008 02:52 PM

Below .500, but this isn't "as usual". This is the first step towards something better.

Demonpenz 08-06-2008 02:54 PM

we need a solid number 1,2,3 starters in the rotion, grienke is good at 4 and meche at 5. Power hitting first basement, a decent corner outfielder and maybe add 3 or 4 arms

The Franchise 08-06-2008 02:55 PM

They suck.

petegz28 08-06-2008 02:56 PM

We are on pace to win 75-77 games right now. That is a notable improvment if that holds out.

Nightfyre 08-06-2008 03:01 PM

this year we will miss the playoffs. However, if we get Teixeira, Gordon comes around, pick up Sabathia or have one of our young gun pitchers come around, I think we make the playoffs next year.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2008 03:02 PM

we need another power bat in the lineup. Gordon and Butler need to continue to develop, they are a huge key, if both pan out to be above avg players that'd jump start us a ton.

Pitching is pretty solid in the pen and we could probably use another starter.

Nightfyre 08-06-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4895628)
we need another power bat in the lineup. Gordon and Butler need to continue to develop, they are a huge key, if both pan out to be above avg players that'd jump start us a ton.

Pitching is pretty solid in the pen and we could probably use another starter.

I'm thinking Butler came around this last month. Hopefully it's not a fluke.

DeezNutz 08-06-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 4895621)
this year we will miss the playoffs. However, if we get Teixeira, Gordon comes around, pick up Sabathia or have one of our young gun pitchers come around, I think we make the playoffs next year.

You should dream bigger. These small wishes are depressing.

Teixeira and Sabathia, huh? ROFL Hey, I'd love this. In fact, I'd have to install an intermittent windshield wiper on my television to clean the love juice off the screen on opening day.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 4895644)
I'm thinking Butler came around this last month. Hopefully it's not a fluke.

We need him to be pretty consistent though, along with Alex. Gordon's OBP is alot better, he has had a pretty damn good eye, we just need that average to stay above .250. I am more so worried about Gordon hitting than Butler.

Demonpenz 08-06-2008 03:08 PM

The dermatoligist called gordon a ticking timebomb today

Nightfyre 08-06-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 4895647)
You should dream bigger. These small wishes are depressing.

Teixeira and Sabathia, huh? ROFL Hey, I'd love this. In fact, I'd have to install an intermittent windshield wiper on my television to clean the love juice off the screen on opening day.

Yea. Dream big. On the other hand one of our other SP could come around. We need Teix, if he comes available, tho. If he is available and we don't land him I will call this offseason a failure barring the snag of both Dunn and Sabathia.

DeezNutz 08-06-2008 03:14 PM

I would recommend lowering your expectations just a tad. Right now the Royals' payroll is around 60 mil. I've heard 58, but there are some folks on here that claim it's higher, so let's just say 60. For next year, not much is coming off the books, so this figure remains. A player like Dunn would probably cost around 15 and Sabathia is going to be around 20.

There's no way in hell, as much as I'd love to see it, that KC's payroll is going from 60 to 95 mil. Could it or should it? That's a different argument. Will it? No. So don't get too bent out or shape when we don't land two front-line FA's. If we land one, I'd be thrilled. From here, the baseball folks will have to earn their money.