ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Ticket Question (cop related) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197990)

Sure-Oz 12-07-2008 09:18 PM

Ticket Question (cop related)

Can you get a ticket if you are parked on your own driveway? I got a ticket parked on the street next to my house for not having my license plate properly displayed on the front. (mine sits on the inside part of the windshield corner and is visible) Missouri law requires 2 license plates on the car, i have refused to bolt to the front because i have aftermarket ground effects on the car. I am going to put the plate on the car, cause this is my 3rd license plate ticket, 1st was $35, 2nd was $90 cause it was by lake tapawingo area, and 3rd i had a ticket on the windshield, and have to recieve it in the mail.

So i am wondering if that same cop drives in the neighborhood looking to see if i put my plate on the car and its parked on my driveway this time, can he ticket me again?

I have gone years without a ticket for the 1 plate until the last 2 years and now im just going to accept the fact i have to put the front plate on, just have to get a bracket, and if it takes me a day or two to get it i dont want to risk getting a ticket, even though i have to park outside on my driveway.

MIAdragon 12-07-2008 09:20 PM

Yes.

luv 12-07-2008 09:21 PM

Just a guess, but I would guess no. Not as long as your driveway is not on public property. I could be wrong though.

morphius 12-07-2008 09:24 PM

duct tape it on till you get the bracket :D

luv 12-07-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 5277827)
Yes.

Really? Weird.

Skip Towne 12-07-2008 09:25 PM

Put the car in the garage and close the door.

Sure-Oz 12-07-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 5277827)
Yes.

That sucks, and is kind of stupid considering it isn't on a public lot, so they can pretty much do whatever they want then?

Bugeater 12-07-2008 09:29 PM

I know here in Omaha you can get ticketed for having an unlicensed car in your driveway, so I'm gonna say there's a good chance you can. Pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

Sure-Oz 12-07-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5277841)
Put the car in the garage and close the door.

May have to do that and move stuff it sucks cause ive been around tons of cops driving by me and past me and the only times i got tickets was a nazi cop that tickets everyone by lake tapawingo and in NKC 1 bike cop was radaring and decided to get me on that rather than go after someone speeding during morning rush hour and then this on the side of the street

Sure-Oz 12-07-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5277856)
I know here in Omaha you can get ticketed for having an unlicensed car in your driveway, so I'm gonna say there's a good chance you can. Pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

Well the plate is inside the front windshield and the rear plate is on the car, but missouri has a stupid law just like 30 other state that require 2 plates. I wnder if Kansas cars get pulled over in missouri for that shit

BWillie 12-07-2008 09:35 PM

Short answer, yes. I didn't have plates on my second car and it was sitting in my driveway and I got ticketed for it. It's BS... I know.

Sure-Oz 12-07-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5277880)
Short answer, yes. I didn't have plates on my second car and it was sitting in my driveway and I got ticketed for it. It's BS... I know.

You think they could give you a warning, it is total bullshit, i won't go on a rant though cause i could be here all day.

healthpellets 12-07-2008 10:12 PM

i got a ticket for parking in my driveway, but yet not pulling up far enough and "blocking the sidewalk"...in my own effin driveway.

Sure-Oz 12-07-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthpellets (Post 5278010)
i got a ticket for parking in my driveway, but yet not pulling up far enough and "blocking the sidewalk"...in my own effin driveway.

That's pretty shitty....

better question, would the same cop come trolling through and give me another ticket if he didn't see it on there? Im just really irritated with my local po po right now

KCUnited 12-07-2008 10:31 PM

If your car is not properly tagged it doesn't matter where it is at, they will ticket you. Its a money grab for everyone right now, cities included. Now that they know they got a cow, you should probably expect them back to milk until you tag it properly.