ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trailer for Ridley Scott's Alien prequel leaked (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252986)

Sure-Oz 05-31-2012 11:38 PM

86% on rotten based on 21 total reviews so far..

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/prometheus_2012/

Frazod 05-31-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8649134)
Yea, well you were a little bit older than me. I was only 11 or 12 when i first saw it. I wasnt quite ready for "deep, thought provoking" Scifi being raised on Star Wars, Buck Rodgers and Battlestar Galactica.

Yeah, I'm sure that would have made a difference. It came out the summer between my junior and senior years.

007 06-01-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8649134)
Yea, well you were a little bit older than me. I was only 11 or 12 when i first saw it. I wasnt quite ready for "deep, thought provoking" Scifi being raised on Star Wars, Buck Rodgers and Battlestar Galactica.

Who needed thought provoking when you had Erin Grey in skin tight suits.

Frazod 06-01-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8651378)
Who needed thought provoking when you had Erin Grey in skin tight suits.

I tried to watch that on Netflix a while back. Holy crap, that show was just horrible.

007 06-01-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8651391)
I tried to watch that on Netflix a while back. Holy crap, that show was just horrible.

yeah. I didn't watch it for the great special effects and dialogue. That stuff sucked.

Frazod 06-01-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8651410)
yeah. I didn't watch it for the great special effects and dialogue. That stuff sucked.

By the time Buck Rogers came along I was getting old enough to recognize crappy shows aimed at kids for what they were. And seriously, could they not have created some new explosions? They reused the explosions from Battlestar Galatica, which had itself reused them over and over. The one shot where three bursts are fired and then the enemy ship explodes in the top right corner of the screen - they must have used that 1,000 times.

Deberg_1990 06-01-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8651391)

heh, i tried watching a few episodes awhile back on there too. That was just painful.

Anyong Bluth 06-01-2012 12:53 PM

Saw it last night- and really liked it. Didn't find it very scary, and the film both stands on its own even if you never saw the Alien franchise, and yet explains the origins as well as setting up additional prequels - that are more spinoff to main goal of this mission.

Hammock Parties 06-01-2012 12:56 PM

If it wasn't scary, did it at least have awesome shock value?

I loved the shock value of the predalien forcing alien embryos down the pregnant woman's throat in AvP 2.

Anyong Bluth 06-01-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8652373)

I loved the shock value of the predalien forcing alien embryos down the pregnant woman's throat in AvP 2.

Ya there are some tense parts, one that I was literally squirming in my seat. They are serious about keeping this under wraps, I had to turn in my cell phone, everyone got metal detector wanded anytime you entered the theatre, and had probably 4 people at any time standing at the corners of the theatre.

The 3D was done very well, imo, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone.That said, I can see where others may have different expectations based on the aliens franchise, but I liked it a lot, and this is def. not a retread of the the Aliens movies- like I said this movie really could stand alone, and I'm interested to see if they explore this other plot line that is what the main goal of the mission and quite interesting within itself.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Aspengc8 06-01-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8652373)

lol, those AvP movies were an abomination. Still can't believe FOX gave them the rights to even make those. The only 3 decent Alien franchise movies where Alien, Aleins & Alien 3.. and thats a big maybe on alien 3. Resurrection was pure crap, as well as those AvP movies. Just like they dropped the ball with that reeruned "predators" movie.. that sh1t was done with Predator 1 & 2.

Fish 06-01-2012 01:37 PM

Predators was really good. I was pleasantly surprised by that one.

Hammock Parties 06-01-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8652431)
lol, those AvP movies were an abomination. Still can't believe FOX gave them the rights to even make those. The only 3 decent Alien franchise movies where Alien, Aleins & Alien 3.. and thats a big maybe on alien 3. Resurrection was pure crap, as well as those AvP movies. Just like they dropped the ball with that reeruned "predators" movie.. that sh1t was done with Predator 1 & 2.

They were fun popcorn.

Deberg_1990 06-01-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8652467)
Predators was really good. I was pleasantly surprised by that one.

I liked Predators alot. AvP movies were pure crap.

Hammock Parties 06-01-2012 08:22 PM

Wow, that's cool. Spoilers, maybe. Still shot from trailer.

http://i48.tinypic.com/15c2u9.jpg