ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Antonio Cromartie can't win this all by himself (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222043)

Smed1065 01-19-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6461951)
Why? If it weren't for football, what business do you think he'd be in?

He's the luckiest man alive.

This is very true.

kysirsoze 01-19-2010 09:40 PM

I noticed that first play when it happened live, but I didn't realize it was him who took the lame shot at Greene in the endzone. What a loser.

teedubya 01-19-2010 09:52 PM

Wow, this guy is worthless.

TheGuardian 01-19-2010 09:54 PM

Cromartie is just another example of why you don't draft athletes, you draft football players. Athletes will have those big years now and then, but they are few and far between. Football players who play at a high level do so consistently. Guys like Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas didn't measure out on the scale or height or 40 as good as a lot of guys, but they were awesome FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Not some ridiculous athlete who has no football instincts or cares about the game. Those guys generally don't last for very long no matter how talented they are from an athletic stand point.

Mecca 01-19-2010 09:56 PM

I like how you are using LB's as an example, every single highly drafted CB is a great athlete, it kind of entails being able to play that position at all.

TheGuardian 01-19-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6462013)
I like how you are using LB's as an example, every single highly drafted CB is a great athlete, it kind of entails being able to play that position at all.

Of course they are but all sorts of corners drop because they don't run great 40 times, like flowers.

Being some top notch athlete doesn't mean ****ing shit. If you have no football instincts it doesn't matter. Look at the corners that Oakland drafted a few years ago like Washington and Routte. those guys suck balls as football players. Flowers ran a 4.5 something and he's on the verge of being a top 3-5 guy. So who gives a **** about that shit? Can you play or not? I don't care if you run a 4.28 and jump a 44" vertical if you can't play for shit.

You get way too caught up on measurables and forget that shit doesn't mean a whole lot on the football field. How much did Cromartie's speed and vertical help on those two plays up there? Yeah, NONE. ZERO. The guy has no heart, but damn he can run fast. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990 01-19-2010 10:03 PM

heh....the guy had a bad game. Guess what? Every defensive back in the history of the NFL has had bad games.

Good for guys like Ronnie Lott, Deon Sanders, and Darrel Green that DVR's and the internet didnt exist during the bulk of their playing era.

TheGuardian 01-19-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6462042)
heh....the guy had a bad game. Guess what? Every defensive back in the history of the NFL has had bad games.

Good for guys like Ronnie Lott, Deon Sanders, and Darrel Green that DVR's and the internet didnt exist during the bulk of their playing era.

You would never see Ronnie Lott side stepping a MF'er like that.

And Cromartie is a sub par corner. I don't care if the guy had 20 picks one season, he couldn't cover a bowl of rice with a dump truck of gravy. He's garbage.

doomy3 01-19-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6462042)

:spock:

Have you even watched him play at all the last few years? He didn't just have a bad game. He just isn't a good corner.

Smed1065 01-19-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 6462184)
:spock:

Have you even watched him play at all the last few years? He didn't just have a bad game. He just isn't a good corner.

Some would even say "players" play in big games, then there is the rest.

-King- 01-20-2010 12:47 AM

I saw this thread on my phone and couldn't wait to get to my laptop to see all the gifs and pics. IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH THE WAIT ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

2112 01-20-2010 01:09 AM

ROFL

Thats ****ing awesome!

Thig Lyfe 01-20-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 6461026)
I didn't make this, just to clear up any confusion.

It's funny how, in threads like these, the OP always waits to make this post. Rather than, you know, providing attribution in the first place.

Kclee 01-20-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 6460824)
WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED HIM.

If we would have traded up.

Mecca 01-20-2010 01:26 AM

We could have an entire thread devoted to the way Deion Sanders tackled, very very few CB's are good tacklers and a lot of them would prefer to not even try to tackle a RB.

And CB is a position that is heavily drafted on measurables, probably more than any other than say WR.