ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We Finally Have A Head Coach!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268593)

FAX 01-07-2013 02:48 PM

We Finally Have A Head Coach!!!

Just go down the list ... oh ... and don't leave out Gunther or Herm or Gansz or Haley or any of those guys.

They say he's the 13th head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, but in reality, he's actually the 3rd actual, real head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

And yes, I know this doesn't deserve a new thread but, when you stop and think about it, what does?

Go Wally!!!!

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

In58men 01-07-2013 02:50 PM

This is news to me.

Strongside 01-07-2013 02:50 PM

I would say 4th.

Stram, Marty, Vermeil, Andy.

KurtCobain 01-07-2013 02:51 PM

I'm pumped up.

the quarterback situation will be fixed for the first time since Trent mother ****ing green.

KChiefs1 01-07-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9292763)
I would say 4th.

Totally agree!

ncCHIEFfan 01-07-2013 02:52 PM

:clap: Exciting times ahead

FAX 01-07-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9292762)
This is news to me.

It was to me, too. Pretty heady stuff, huh?

A head coach who can actually ... you know ... coach. Plus, a guy who will want to stick with the franchise and won't mortgage our future a la Uncle Dick. Somebody who understands the modern NFL to boot.

So, according to my worldview, this is a time to celebrate with totally meaningless threads.

Go Wally!!!

FAX

FAX 01-07-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9292763)
I would say 4th.

I know it's sad, but Vermeil sold us out, my friend. It was fancy and great fun to watch (on offense), but he sold our future at a discount and we've paid for it ever since.

But that's okay!!!

Because now it's Go Wally Time!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

Rausch 01-07-2013 02:56 PM

Rumble fat man, rumble...

DeezNutz 01-07-2013 02:57 PM

It feels similar to the Marty hire in the sense that we're going to return, at the very least, to respectability. The QB whom Reid selects will determine if we're going to do better than that.

Strongside 01-07-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9292780)
I know it's sad, but Vermeil sold us out, my friend. It was fancy and great fun to watch (on offense), but he sold our future at a discount and we've paid for it ever since.

But that's okay!!!

Because now it's Go Wally Time!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

Oh I agree. I'm basing my opinion solely on the credentials of each coach, pre-chiefs and during their tenure.

FAX 01-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9292790)
It feels similar to the Marty hire in the sense that we're going to return, at the very least, to respectability. The QB whom Reid selects will determine if we're going to do better than that.

It probably is a lot like the Marty deal in the sense that he is an established name.

God ... it's been soooooo long since we had a guy in whom you could have some semblance of confidence that he could actually do the job ... let alone, the right way.

On top of that, you have a guy who understands how to matriculate the freaking rock down the field ... a key component we have sorely missed.

So ... all together now !!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

InChiefsHeaven 01-07-2013 03:07 PM

I've had nothing but nay-saying AFC West foes fans telling me all the same thing:

Look at the last 2 years. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" league. Reid ain't done shit.
He needs to take some time off and recharge his batteries.
He will make Jamaal Charles insignificant.
The game has passed him by.

It's like they all are reading from the same talking points. I'm saying, we have a guy who was and is a bona-fide successful head coach. A guy who knows HOW to win and who to grab to win with, be it staff or players. I personally think (and Reid even said) he needed a change of scenery. Happened to Marty too. Hopefully, we'll benefit from Andy's change of scenery. Haters gonna hate. **** them.

GO WALLY!!

DTLB58 01-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9292773)
:clap: Exciting times ahead

Especially if we couple him with John Dorsey, This is going to be a very stable, organized management team. They will at the very least make the Chiefs competitive and in the hunt every year.

I hope some new young coach will thrive in this franchise now and move his way up and take over for Reid at some point and take us over the top!

Let's hope Dorsey does sign on and stays here for a very long successful career.

Strongside 01-07-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9292827)
I've had nothing but nay-saying AFC West foes fans telling me all the same thing:

Look at the last 2 years. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" league. Reid ain't done shit.
He needs to take some time off and recharge his batteries.
He will make Jamaal Charles insignificant.
The game has passed him by.

It's like they all are reading from the same talking points. I'm saying, we have a guy who was and is a bona-fide successful head coach. A guy who knows HOW to win and who to grab to win with, be it staff or players. I personally think (and Reid even said) he needed a change of scenery. Happened to Marty too. Hopefully, we'll benefit from Andy's change of scenery. Haters gonna hate. **** them.

GO WALLY!!

We all said the EXACT same shit to Denver fans when they hired John Fox. Granted, they got Peyton...but they'll probably win it all this year.