ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Would you trade a 3rd for Huff? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137642)

melbar 03-20-2006 02:04 PM

Would you trade a 3rd for Huff?

The draft calculator shows that moving to #9 would take aprox a 3rd.Do you think it would be worth it? I would even though we have many needs he is too good.

BigChiefFan 03-20-2006 02:12 PM

That only gives us TWO first day picks and I think D-line should be more of a priority than a D-back. Huff is very talented, though.

jspchief 03-20-2006 02:13 PM

I would love to have Huff, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea in a year when we already gave up our 4th, with a team that desperately needs an infusion of youth.

melbar 03-20-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
That only gives us TWO first day picks and I think D-line should be more of a priority than a D-back. Huff is very talented, though.

CB's include Surtain, julien Battle, and Sapp. We dont even have bodies at CB let alone Talent.

jspchief 03-20-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar
CB's include Surtain, julien Battle, and Sapp. We dont even have bodies at CB let alone Talent.

Which is why it was stupid to let Eric Warfield go.

Chiefnj 03-20-2006 02:52 PM

If KC were to move up, I might prefer that they take Ngata over Huff.

ct 03-20-2006 02:53 PM

Anybody have a copy of that draft value chart? I used to have it, but can't find it.

SBK 03-20-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

Me too. But I wouldn't kick my tv if we moved up for Huff though either.

Now if we moved up for a RB :banghead:

ct 03-20-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

The draft calculator shows that moving to #9 would take aprox a 3rd.Do you think it would be worth it? I would even though we have many needs he is too good.

I found my chart. What you and I are looking at much be very very different. Our 1st + 2nd(54) + 3rd (85) is worth a move up to #8 or #9, actually halfway between them. What calculator do you have?

Tribal Warfare 03-20-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt

Why??

Do you want to mess up my dream draft?

1) Hali

2) Watson

3) Croyle

:rockon:

ct 03-20-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------Originally Posted by coryt
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare

Why??

Do you want to mess up my dream draft?

1) Hali

2) Watson

3) Croyle

:rockon:

Where the hell did that quote come from?

htismaqe 03-20-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Huff is a safety, not a CB.

And if he could be had by just trading our 3rd, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That being said, we'd have to trade our 2nd AND 3rd to trade up that far.

BigChiefFan 03-20-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

I agree with that, big time. Ngata is one Hell of a prospect at DT. Adding him to the D-line could improve our defense in a hurry. He's got all the intangiables to become an instant starter and most likely a dominant one.

htismaqe 03-20-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
I agree with that, big time. Ngata is one Hell of a prospect at DT. Adding him to the D-line could improve our defense in a hurry. He's got all the intangiables to become an instant starter and most likely a dominant one.

All of those things could be said about Huff as well. The great defenses in this league have a difference maker in the middle of the defensive backfield - a Sanders, a Reed, a Williams.

HolmeZz 03-20-2006 07:01 PM

Though I think he will end up at safety, teams have been looking at Huff as a CB prospect since he ran that 4.3.