ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Falling skies TNT (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246306)

keg in kc 06-28-2011 09:08 AM

HBO needs to do something science fiction.

Dunit35 06-28-2011 09:13 AM

I watched a majority of this show and it hasn't sucked me into it yet. I dig alien science fiction stuff too.

blaise 06-28-2011 10:45 PM

Just watched the second episode- it wasn't good. Whoever it was that said the music was bad is right. It's so melodramatic in every scene. And every scene seems over-directed. Like when they walk across the gym I feel like all the background actors are reacting like, "Cue! Pass the bucket from you to him now!"
And the guy's youngest son is annoying.
During the whole show I feel like I'm watching actors work and not real people.
Why is the school considered secure? Because they found it without the enemy in it? Now it's secure enough to teach classes and have people walk around in broad daylight? If the aliens are that inept how did they take over the planet already?

I don't know if I'll keep watching if next week isn't better.

notorious 06-29-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7720767)
Why is the school considered secure? Because they found it without the enemy in it? Now it's secure enough to teach classes and have people walk around in broad daylight? If the aliens are that inept how did they take over the planet already?

I don't know if I'll keep watching if next week isn't better.




This.


There is no sense of terror.

007 06-29-2011 04:37 PM

When does TNT put up this weeks stream? I missed it this week.

ozarkchief 06-29-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7721795)
This.


There is no sense of terror.

It reminds me of Jericho..."The world's about to be obliterated...let's have a picnic!"

I set the dvr to record the series before watching. I undid that about halfway through the first episode.

bevischief 06-29-2011 06:35 PM

After watching all 3 episodes a second time it is growing on me. Hope it does start picking the pace up.

milkman 07-03-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 7721986)
After watching all 3 episodes a second time it is growing on me. Hope it does start picking the pace up.

I finally got around to watching the second episode this morning, and I am still totally and completely underwhelmed.

keg in kc 07-03-2011 01:42 PM

Hasn't done anything for me through an episode and a half. I expected better, the way the early reviews read.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-03-2011 01:52 PM

Not a bad show.

ChiefsandO'sfan 07-03-2011 08:52 PM

Alot better tonight by far.

Deberg_1990 07-03-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7728334)
Hasn't done anything for me through an episode and a half. I expected better, the way the early reviews read.

I just cant get into TNT shows. To me they are all just bland and meh.....like a typical CBS type of drama show.

notorious 07-04-2011 10:32 AM

Better, but still far from very good.

keg in kc 07-04-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7728825)
I just cant get into TNT shows. To me they are all just bland and meh.....like a typical CBS type of drama show.

That's been my reaction to Falling Skies so far. It's very CBS-ish. Crappy music, crappy post-production look, crappy forced drama. I'm still watching, but I'm not sure for how much longer.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-04-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7729399)
That's been my reaction to Falling Skies so far. It's very CBS-ish. Crappy music, crappy post-production look, crappy forced drama. I'm still watching, but I'm not sure for how much longer.

LMAO

Didn't CBS give us these classics:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z4Lr-64l9m0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1WqazleR3FE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.