ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Curry no longer a raider. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266879)

Dave Lane 11-21-2012 01:39 AM

Herm...the scout

On January 22nd Herm Edwards' assessment of the Kansas City Chiefs would have mattered. But today, Herm's opinion that the Chiefs should draft Aaron Curry doesn't actually matter.

When asked about the Chiefs' plans, Herm cited Eugene Monroe as a possibility, but ultimately said "the linebacker" should be the choice (H/T Adam Teicher at the Red Zone):

"The linebacker is a good pick for them," Edwards said. "An offensive lineman is a good pick for them, the kid from Virginia (Eugene Monroe). But if the linebacker is sitting there, he a good player now. He comes in and plays. He’s going to play right away. He’s a heck of a football player."

Saying "the linebacker" brings back some memories...I won't tell you what kind of memories, but let's just say memories.

I just got off the phone with Jon Gruden and Steve Mariucci.* I'm getting something together now and will let you know what they said about the Chiefs and the draft.

Dave Lane 11-21-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 9136778)
Aaron Curry (@AaronCurry51) tweeted at 1:27 PM on Tue, Nov 20, 2012:
No longer a raider! On to my next venture! Expanding Gods territory
(https://twitter.com/AaronCurry51

What a bust that dudes been.

So is it because he's driving everyone nuts with the jesus stuff or can he just not play a lick?

R8RFAN 11-21-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey (Post 9136780)
All these religious athletes are getting annoying

All these people who don't believe need to worry about themselves.

Dave Lane 11-21-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9138675)

Says the fat **** that broke his rib by falling on a bathtub and constantly is spamming crap about other peoples beliefs all over the board.

Yeah you raider garbage.

Kidd Lex 11-21-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9138675)

Go **** yourself. Stating the hyper religious tweets are annoying from certain professional athletes has nothing to do with ones faith. Don't turn this into a DC thread.

R8RFAN 11-21-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9138704)
Says the fat **** that broke his rib by falling on a bathtub and constantly is spamming crap about other peoples beliefs all over the board.

Yeah you raider garbage.

**** off you stupid childish bastard

R8RFAN 11-21-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9138706)
Go **** yourself. Stating the hyper religious tweets are annoying from certain professional athletes has nothing to do with ones faith. Don't turn this into a DC thread.

Who did? I just said to mind your own business or better yet walk up to him and tell him to stop yourself you little pudwhacker

Setsuna 11-21-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9137028)
He's a "can't miss player" , they said.... "one off the best linebackers ever", they said.

That should have been reserved for Von Miller. He will be.

Brock 11-21-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9138704)

Yeah you raider garbage.

No kidding. Clumsy drunken slob.

COchief 11-21-2012 09:18 AM

Does anyone actually know the story on why he is such a failure? Party animal? Uncoachable/undisciplined? Lazy?

The overwhelming consensus prior to his drafting was that he had unbelievable physical tools and the motor/mental makeup to back it up. Curious if anyone can comment on his downfall.

R8RFAN 11-21-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9138911)
Does anyone actually know the story on why he is such a failure? Party animal? Uncoachable/undisciplined? Lazy?

The overwhelming consensus prior to his drafting was that he had unbelievable physical tools and the motor/mental makeup to back it up. Curious if anyone can comment on his downfall.

Knees

Kidd Lex 11-21-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9138914)
Knees

Must of used bad form on the super cleans he was doing in the pre-draft videos. All kidding aside, the guy had super hero strength.

COchief 11-21-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9138914)
Knees

Seems to be more of headcase after reading a few articles. He was activated from the PUP for one game and only played a handful of plays and got two personal fouls on special teams and was fined $23k for it. Most of the comments from Hawks fans said he didn't play with any heart and was atrocious in coverage. I came away with the impression he was soft and kind of a pussy.

R8RFAN 11-21-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9138997)
Seems to be more of headcase after reading a few articles. He was activated from the PUP for one game and only played a handful of plays and got two personal fouls on special teams and was fined $23k for it. Most of the comments from Hawks fans said he didn't play with any heart and was atrocious in coverage. I came away with the impression he was soft and kind of a pussy.

I don't know what happened to him, we struck gold with Phillip Wheeler and Rookie Burris and it made him expendable , Now all we need to do is get rid of that dip shit Rolando and find us another 2 down LB, Wheeler and Burris have it locked up in the nickle and that and Carson is about the only two areas on the whole team I am happy with.

notorious 11-21-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9139031)
I don't know what happened to him, we struck gold with Phillip Wheeler and Rookie Burris and it made him expendable , Now all we need to do is get rid of that dip shit Rolando and find us another 2 down LB, Wheeler and Burris have it locked up in the nickle and that and Carson is about the only two areas on the whole team I am happy with.

Rolando sucks, too?

I thought he was going to be a beast.