ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football experts: Making the switch from left to right tackle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270857)

Sanka 03-07-2013 06:14 PM

Why **** with something that isnt broken? Keep Albert at LT.

-King- 03-07-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9474712)
You have a point to a certain extent. Yes Albert will make a crap ton playing under the Tag, but if he switches to RT he will be costing himself money long term. I think people are glossing over this fact far too much. It's the same fight T. Suggs had when they tried to tag him as a DE instead of an OLB.
There isn't a person on this forum that would be willing to take what amounts to a demotion without bitching about it.

Exactly.

Ace Gunner 03-07-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9474715)
Mr. Capone:

What if your employer asked you to move to a new position, where you will be paid the same, but it will severely hinder your advancement in the future, and thus, your future earnings?

In Albert's case, if he hits FA, he may be paid RT money instead of LT money, or he'll have to hope a team will pay him LT money and go from LT-->RT-->LT. That's not fair to the player.

wtf is wrong with you. if a player is good at LT and is moved to RT due to circumstance/needs and then hits the FA, other teams are going to know his history. those that aren't picked up and moved to LT again aren't good. JFC it's pro sports not high school.

Ace Gunner 03-07-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9474719)
Great minds.

great piles of shit.

candyman 03-07-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9474688)
Mr. Stephenson:

Branden Albert is being paid top 5 LT money. If Coach Reid tell his to shag punts or block on ST... then he should be grateful for the opportunity to be paid that much money to do so. Chiefs fans have a very difficult time respecting ANY player who takes the stance of himself above the team. If moving to RT or LG improves the team... I expect him to do so while being paid more per game than the majority of us get paid per year to go to work every single day.

In the end. Branden Albert needs to cash his check and STFU. Whining on Twitter is something I would expect from a drama queen like TO. Not a professional like B. Albert.

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9474715)
Mr. Capone:

What if your employer asked you to move to a new position, where you will be paid the same, but it will severely hinder your advancement in the future, and thus, your future earnings?

In Albert's case, if he hits FA, he may be paid RT money instead of LT money, or he'll have to hope a team will pay him LT money and go from LT-->RT-->LT. That's not fair to the player.

Fair point. I can see both sides.

Cephalic Trauma 03-07-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9474737)
wtf is wrong with you. if a player is good at LT and is moved to RT due to circumstance/needs and then hits the FA, other teams are going to know his history. those that aren't picked up and moved to LT again aren't good. JFC it's pro sports not high school.

Coming from the guy who just said, "As a former wideout..."

candyman 03-07-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9474758)
Coming from the guy who just said, "As a former wideout..."

Playing different sides of the field as a wideout is similar to playing opposite sides of the line. Different footwork, technique, etc. Why is that hard to understand?

Cephalic Trauma 03-07-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9474737)

This also goes completely against your first post (which I agree with, but qualifying it with "As a former wideout..." is comical at best).

He has to learn what is essentially an entirely new position at a high level, and be effective. You are underestimating the difficulty of switching between the two sides. It's bad for both parties (player and team).

Cephalic Trauma 03-07-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9474780)
Playing different sides of the field as a wideout is similar to playing opposite sides of the line. Different footwork, technique, etc. Why is that hard to understand?

It's not hard to understand, it's just a poor way of qualifying his post.

It's coming from someone who likely didn't play at this level. Further, it is in no way comparable to LT to RT or vice versa. It may be challenging, but not to the same degree.

KCDC 03-07-2013 06:32 PM

Maybe we should ask Alex Smith to play RT.

penbrook 03-07-2013 06:32 PM

Ian Rappoport just said that the Chiefs view Albert as their long term answer at LT and Albert will not play RT.

Sorter 03-07-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9474802)
Ian Rappoport just said that the Chiefs view Albert as their long term answer at LT and Albert will not play RT.

WV 03-07-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9474802)

:clap:

I was going to post the same thing, I just heard it on NFL Radio.

Tribal Warfare 03-07-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9474811)

Isn't that a good thing?

candyman 03-07-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9474811)

Why? Hopefully this means we dont have to worry about taking a Tackle. I seriously doubt they would draft Fisher or Joker and make them play RT.