ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Is Chip Kelly racist? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293857)

MMXcalibur 08-11-2015 11:37 AM

Is Chip Kelly racist?

I'm not going to link to every instance that's come up of Kelly cutting/trading black players and those former players blasting Kelly for not understanding the culture, or dumping the "good black players".

Nevertheless, this seems to be a story that just won't die and could (whether it be true or not) hurt Kelly's career.

Fat sweaty pole to follow.

BWillie 08-11-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11652978)
I'm not going to link to every instance that's come up of Kelly cutting/trading black players and those former players blasting Kelly for not understanding the culture, or dumping the "good black players".

Nevertheless, this seems to be a story that just won't die and could (whether it be true or not) hurt Kelly's career.

Fat sweaty pole to follow.

Unless someone can cite certain examples, this is bullshit. Just because he has happened to dump SOME black players doesn't mean he's racist, it's probably just a case of happenstance. Either way, I don't see it at all. He got rid of one of the best up and coming QBs Nick Foles (who is white). If their background team found red flags with DeSean Jackson...trading him may have been in their best interests.

MMXcalibur 08-11-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11652992)
Unless someone can cite certain examples, this is bullshit. Just because he dumps black players doesn't mean he's racist, it's probably just a case of happenstance. Either way, I don't see it at all. He got rid of one of the best up and coming QBs Nick Foles. If their background team found red flags with DeSean Jackson...trading him may have been in their best interests.

Now that I think about it, the only two I've heard of is LeSean McCoy and Brandon Boykin, but I believe Boykin scaled back on his comments later.

stonedstooge 08-11-2015 11:49 AM

MAKE HIM SELL HIS COACHING WHISTLE!

Valiant 08-11-2015 11:52 AM

No, he has gotten rid of black players and also signed black players to release them. Same with the white players he got rid of.

Seems to me the guys he canned had no problem running their mouths to the media and complaining. Imagine them on the team. Seem like cancers to what he is trying to build and type of player he wants.

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2015 12:00 PM

Stupid. Black and white players are cut all the time by every team.

alpha_omega 08-11-2015 12:09 PM

Don't know him personally of course so the answer could always really be "yes"...but i'll go with "no".

Otter 08-11-2015 12:26 PM

Only if he's white otherwise he's repressed becase onlly white people are racist.

threebag 08-11-2015 12:31 PM

We truely won't know until Native chimes in

Mr. Laz 08-11-2015 12:31 PM

complete bullshit ... he replaced all those cut black players with another black player.

just stop

Bufkin 08-11-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 11653135)
We truely won't know until Native chimes in

Bean dip will be here soon to let us all know why Chip Kelly is a giant racist who should be shunned from Chiefs Planet.

Amnorix 08-11-2015 12:39 PM

Ugh. I remember hearing that the Celtics were racist in the 80s. Bird/McHale and all that. Now the FAN BASE may well have been racist, and the Celtics/Lakers rivalry fans (outside of Boston/LA) may have split on racist grounds, maybe, but the CELTICS were not racist.

How do I know? Because Red Auerbach built those 80s teams. So what you ask? Here's what:

Red drafted the first black player in teh NBA
Red had the first all-black starting 5 in the NBA
Red appointed the first black head coach in NBA history (Russell)

So, yeah.

The Red Sox? Yeah, they were racist as hell back then. Different ownership and management. The Celtics got tainted with that same label because they shared the same city as the Sox, and their Irish/Leprechaun theme.

Kelly isn't racist. He's trying to rebuild a team his way, and that isn't a black/white thing. The guys replacing the black guys he cut are alos black, so give me a break.

mdchiefsfan 08-11-2015 01:44 PM

68% of the NFL's population is African American.

http://heavy.com/sports/2014/09/what...e-black-white/

Obviously, this will lead to the cutting of more African Americans than any other race.

:facepalm:

vailpass 08-11-2015 01:47 PM

Dudes job depends on winning. He'd start a purple lesbian if that helped win games.
This is the dumbest shit I've seen in a while...

MahiMike 08-11-2015 01:48 PM

Nick Foles says no.