ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jets head list of biggest Week 1 disasters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123869)

Fairplay 09-12-2005 04:00 AM

Jets head list of biggest Week 1 disasters

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8886860/

Jets head list of biggest Week 1 disasters
N.Y. defense absolutely lame against K.C.'s powerful offense
Jets quarterback Chad Pennington (10) walks away from the pile after losing a fumble to the Chiefs during New York's 27-7 loss Sunday.

COMMENTARY
By JT the Brick
NBCSports.com contributor
Updated: 9:12 p.m. ET Sept. 11, 2005

JT the Brick

No team looked worse than the New York Jets in Week 1 of the 2005 NFL season. Everything that could have gone wrong did Sunday, and coach Herman Edwards will have to go on the offensive with the New York media to explain the team’s 27-7 loss at Kansas City.

Chad Pennington looked like a backup quarterback, fumbling the ball almost as much as he did the entire 2004 season. The Jets secondary got chopped up by the powerful Chiefs offense and looked confused as they tried to blitz and play basic zone coverage. The Jets are supposed to be one of the premier teams in the AFC, but they have to find a way to get back to their basic offense of the past because they couldn't execute the new game plan installed by offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger.
It added up to a miserable afternoon for Pennington, returning from offseason rotator cuff surgery and still getting acclimated to an offensive scheme implemented by new Jets coordinator Mike Heimerdinger. Pennington threw for 264 yards, but New York didn't score until backup Jay Fiedler hit tight end Chris Baker with a 23-yard TD pass in the game's waning seconds.

"It's embarrassing," said Martin. "I think we're all ashamed of the way we played today. There are no excuses.

"They just kicked our butt."

"I wish we could have made more of a game of it, but it wasn't," said Jets coach Herman Edwards. "They took us behind the woodshed and whupped us."
The Jets open their home schedule against Miami next Sunday and better not overlook arguably the worst team in 2004, because the Dolphins defense is just as good as what they faced from the Chiefs.

KChiefsQT 09-12-2005 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8886860/

The Jets secondary got chopped up by the powerful Chiefs offense and looked confused as they tried to blitz and play basic zone coverage.

should say defense as well.IMHO dontcha think? I know they (Jets) blew it for themselves as well... but I choose to believe it was our aggressive defense that got them (Pennington imparticular) flustered-shatting in his pants...leading him to make some of the dumbest mistakes I've seen. Yep, you can thank our D for that. :clap:

Fairplay 09-12-2005 04:13 AM

yes, Pennington looked confused out there. He was getting hurried a lot. He had to got hit several times out there i saw.
Arrowhead is tough place to play with all the crowd noise and all.

KChiefsQT 09-12-2005 04:31 AM

Quote:

yes, Pennington looked confused out there. He was getting hurried a lot. He had to got hit several times out there i saw.

Yep... I just think it's funny how a lot of the post-game shows were implying that the jets lost the game for themselves instead of accepting that the chiefs had an impact on their loss as well. Maybe I'm just taking it too personal but that sheeet pisses me off. Like, ooo we didn't do anything ... I don't know. I think maybe I should just get some sleep before I continue to ramble on and make no sense.

Fairplay 09-12-2005 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt
Yep... I just think it's funny how a lot of the post-game shows were implying that the jets lost the game for themselves instead of accepting that the chiefs had an impact on their loss as well. Maybe I'm just taking it too personal but that sheeet pisses me off. Like, ooo we didn't do anything ... I don't know. I think maybe I should just get some sleep before I continue to ramble on and make no sense.

Sleep. I just woke up to begin my day.

G'night.

KChiefsQT 09-12-2005 04:39 AM

Quote:

Sleep. I just woke up to begin my day.

G'night.

hahha... good morning. :)

trndobrd 09-12-2005 04:59 AM

Quote:

There was a particularly memorable hit in the 3rd Q when DJ hit Pennington square in the chest as he was releasing the ball. Sack or not, that kind of hit gives a QB something to think about.

Braincase 09-12-2005 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndonthemods
There was a particularly memorable hit in the 3rd Q when DJ hit Pennington square in the chest as he was releasing the ball. Sack or not, that kind of hit gives a QB something to think about.

How about the "where's Sammy?" fumble? After KNight go tin there and forced one fumble, Chad was in the shotgun waiting for the snap and saw Sammy about to blitz on his left side, and hello SNAP! Another fumble.

Kerberos 09-12-2005 05:35 AM

I wanna know where all the "shit" talking jets fans are NOW. They had no problems giving thier .02 on how bad the Chiefs were gonna get spanked and don't show up for the CROW FEAST that awaits them.

Poor Bastards

:D

the Talking Can 09-12-2005 05:36 AM

imagine what kind of problems a stiff like Collins will have next week....

jynni 09-12-2005 06:20 AM

Quote:

Chad Pennington looked like a backup quarterback, fumbling the ball almost as much as he did the entire 2004 season.
Didn't he have more fumbles yesterday than all of last season?

Nzoner 09-12-2005 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
imagine what kind of problems a stiff like Collins will have next week....

gives me a woodie just thinking about it.

DeepSouth 09-12-2005 06:51 AM

John Clayton mentioned in his post game article that Jets DT James Reed got into a fight with Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma. I can't find anything else about it. Does anyone know what happened?

the Talking Can 09-12-2005 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth
John Clayton mentioned in his post game article that Jets DT James Reed got into a fight with Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma. I can't find anything else about it. Does anyone know what happened?

Reed punched Vilma in the mouth and said something about "you're T-Rich's bitch!"

(half of that sentence is true)