ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ugh, Gannon a Colt? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115811)

memyselfI 05-05-2005 11:28 AM

Ugh, Gannon a Colt?

EXTRA POINTS: QB Rich Gannon spent at the minicamp of the Indianapolis Colts. Coach Tony Dungy said Gannon was visiting with offensive Tom Moore, an old friend. The visit fueled speculation Gannon may be interested in backing up Peyton Manning once he is released from the Raiders after June 1, provided he pass a physical examination.

http://insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_2701145

Sigh, he needs to retire. :shake: :banghead: :cuss:

Nightfyre 05-05-2005 11:29 AM

As soon as he can pass a physical...

keg in kc 05-05-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre
As soon as he can pass a physical...

Which will happen....never.

Brock 05-05-2005 11:40 AM

ugh, who gives a shit

Nightfyre 05-05-2005 11:42 AM

actually, hes a perfect fit for their offense. He audibles a lot, and does a good job of reading the D. He also has the same zip and accuracy passing style that manning has. Its a good pickup for the colts if he can pass his physical.

Eleazar 05-05-2005 11:46 AM

1. Who cares
2. A backup role, which is where he's belonged all the while. Time to stop living off that year Grbac made you look like a starter.

keg in kc 05-05-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

actually, hes a perfect fit for their offense. He audibles a lot, and does a good job of reading the D. He also has the same zip and accuracy passing style that manning has. Its a good pickup for the colts if he can pass his physical.

And he's the one guy who really does have his "head on a swivel".

tomahawk kid 05-05-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
1. Who cares
2. A backup role, which is where he's belonged all the while. Time to stop living off that year Grbac made you look like a starter.

Amen.

:clap:

Wile_E_Coyote 05-05-2005 11:55 AM

I'm no fan of Gannon, even when he was a Chief. I wonder how this will effect the Raiders. He was known as Red Ass by this teammates there. But with greasy Al giving into the players, who will be the much needed bad guy on a team of mememe misfits

Radar Chief 05-05-2005 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
ugh, who gives a shit

:stupid:

jspchief 05-05-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Gannon has a weak arm. The Colts would have to throw out half their playbook with Gannon in. Hardly a perfect fit.

Nightfyre 05-05-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Gannon has a weak arm. The Colts would have to throw out half their playbook with Gannon in. Hardly a perfect fit.

What are you talking about? All the Colts run is underneath routes for first downs... And Gannon has plenty of pepper on those throws. He's a perfect fit.

Lzen 05-05-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

What are you talking about? All the Colts run is underneath routes for first downs... And Gannon has plenty of pepper on those throws. He's a perfect fit.

Dude, you are high. The Colts run a lot of deep routes, too.

Nightfyre 05-05-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Dude, you are high. The Colts run a lot of deep routes, too.

The staple of the colts offense is definitely marvin harrison pussying out on 10 -20 yard underneath routes. If youre telling me Gannon cant fire a football 20 yards, then I would contest that you have watched Gannon play.

Eleazar 05-05-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

The staple of the colts offense is definitely marvin harrison pussying out on 10 -20 yard underneath routes. If youre telling me Gannon cant fire a football 20 yards, then I would contest that you have watched Gannon play.

I dunno if he can throw it 20 yards downfield, but he can damn sure dump it off to a running back 20 times a game.