ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248696)

FRCDFED 08-19-2011 10:20 AM

Alex Smith to Chiefs?

2011 NFL Trade Rumors – Alex Smith to Chiefs?

August 18, 2011 08:10 PM EDT

comments: 1

Alex Smith has been given several opportunities to win over the front office and fans of the San Francisco 49ers, but the former NFL first-round draft pick has been inconsistent throughout his career, and it could be time for a change in scenery.

The 49ers drafted a quarterback for their future and now are looking to bring in a veteran quarterback to lead the team for a year and let Colin Kaepernick learn the ropes from someone other than Smith.

The latest trade rumor has Smith being sent to the Kansas City Chiefs in a deal that will give Smith a fresh start, and the Chiefs badly needed backup to Matt Cassel. Kansas City now has just rookie fifth-round draft choice Ricky Stanzi as the teams backup, and an injury to Cassel could be harmful to the team's success in the upcoming NFL season.

The good news for Chiefs fans is that Smith would be a cheap acquisition, and it would give the team some much-needed insurance at the quarterback position. If San Francisco brings in a veteran in the next week or two, look for Smith to become a member of a different team before the season begins.

FRCDFED 08-19-2011 10:20 AM

Could Zorn help Smith develop?

keg in kc 08-19-2011 10:21 AM

9ers qbs always work out well here.

tymania 08-19-2011 10:22 AM

this is interesting... if he is cheap i dont see any harm in bringing him in...

lcarus 08-19-2011 10:22 AM

See ya Falko

FRCDFED 08-19-2011 10:22 AM

Yeah the article was dated yesterday. Surprised this is the first I've heard of it.

Hydrae 08-19-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Kansas City now has just rookie fifth-round draft choice Ricky Stanzi as the teams backup
I know Calabeloo isn't anything exciting but when the author is speculating about a teams interest in a player is would be a good thing to know who the team already has onboard.

SuperChief 08-19-2011 10:23 AM

Nothing wrong with this addition, for the right price of course. I'd take him over Falko any day of the week (and that's saying something about Falko).

FRCDFED 08-19-2011 10:24 AM

The 49ers have been in chaos since he was drafted with all the coaching changes. I wonder if he would see a trade as a fresh start and settle down with a little stability.

DJ's left nut 08-19-2011 10:24 AM

I'd take him.

Alex Smith's failure still doesn't make sense to me. He has a very nice arm, he's mobile, he's a hard worker and the kid is actually very smart.

His coaching has to have been complete dogshit because I swear that kid has the talent to be at least an average NFL quarterback. I think that's why the 9ers keep giving him a chance; the talent is there.

If he comes for a 5th rounder or something, sure - I'd take him.

ModSocks 08-19-2011 10:24 AM

Better than Tyler Calabalo I guess.

FRCDFED 08-19-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7835505)
I'd take him.

Alex Smith's failure still doesn't make sense to me. He has a very nice arm, he's mobile, he's a hard worker and the kid is actually very smart.

His coaching has to have been complete dogshit because I swear that kid has the talent to be at least an average NFL quarterback. I think that's why the 9ers keep giving him a chance; the talent is there.

This

I always heard the kid was really smart. Didn't he graduate college his sophmore year or something crazy like that?

ModSocks 08-19-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7835505)
I'd take him.

This. Though I'd prefer it be something like a 6th or 7th.

Brock 08-19-2011 10:25 AM

That would be a good move.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-19-2011 10:25 AM

a million times better than Falco