ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From NFL.COM / Chiefs select Manuel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269794)

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-07-2013 12:37 PM

From NFL.COM / Chiefs select Manuel

Sorry for the bad news.

Chiefs go with Luke Joeckel
Despite speculation the Chiefs will go with Geno Smith, they end up with the Texas A&M left tackle. But don't breathe a sigh of relief, Matt Cassel. The Chiefs will find their QB in the second round with E.J. Manuel (who certainly won't mind playing for Andy Reid). In case you're wondering, the Cardinals don't draft Smith (he goes No. 8 to Buffalo), and the Birds end up with Matt Barkley in the second round.

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:38 PM

why do yo hate me?

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 12:39 PM

oh yeah?

How about THIS, also from nfl.com?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/160100

NFL Mock Draft: Geno Smith still holds top spot

By Bucky Brooks |

Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: Feb. 6, 2013 at 04:03 p.m.
The conclusion of the Senior Bowl nearly brings the college all-star game circuit to a close, prompting NFL scouts and coaches to move on to the next phase in the evaluation process. With teams becoming increasingly familiar with all of the prospects, including a huge class of underclassmen entrants, the connection between team need and available talent is starting to crystallize. Additionally, the hiring of head coaches and coordinators provides us with an idea of how well prospects potentially fit into a team's designated offensive or defensive scheme. While the process remains fluid at this point, I thought I would dive in and take another crack at a mock draft. Since I'm not including a quick explanation behind each pick, feel free to hit me up on Twitter (@buckybrooks) to discuss the rationale behind the selections. Without further ado, here is my mock draft, version 2.0:

Pick 1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB WVU.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 12:40 PM

So Geno goes #8.....but not #1. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:43 PM

I've been a 'Noles fan for years (this is what you do when the hometown team consistently sucks) and as many CB's and DL prospects as I've pimped here over the years I pray to gawd we don't take him.

There is no ability, at all, to elevate his play in big games. He's got talent but over and over and over again has displayed an inability to ever progress to that true leadership role...

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385010)
So Geno goes #8.....but not #1. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Todd McShay does the same horseshit in his latest mock.

Buffalo is taking Glennon. He's the only other QB with a strong enough arm to deliver the ball through their weather.

But Geno will be off the board before they can pick. :thumb:

HolyHat 02-07-2013 12:53 PM

EJ Manuel is a poor mans Josh Freeman

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 12:55 PM

Jake Long/Chad Henne

KC_Lee 02-07-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9385052)
Jake Long/Chad Henne

And look how well that worked out.

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9385041)
EJ Manuel is a poor mans Josh Freeman

Not even...

HolyHat 02-07-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9385056)
And look how well that worked out.

Exactly. Jake Long wont make a second contract with the team that drafted him, and the Dolphins have already drafted another QB.

Mr. Laz 02-07-2013 12:59 PM

All these guys need to continue to change their mocks etc to try and keep people interested.

When the week of the draft rolls around 90% of the mocks will have Geno Smith at #1.

Don't let them pull your chain

HolyHat 02-07-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9385061)
Not even...

When I say "poor man" I mean half dead under a bridge poor...

ModSocks 02-07-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9385005)
oh yeah?

How about THIS, also from nfl.com?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/160100

NFL Mock Draft: Geno Smith still holds top spot

By Bucky Brooks |

Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: Feb. 6, 2013 at 04:03 p.m.
The conclusion of the Senior Bowl nearly brings the college all-star game circuit to a close, prompting NFL scouts and coaches to move on to the next phase in the evaluation process. With teams becoming increasingly familiar with all of the prospects, including a huge class of underclassmen entrants, the connection between team need and available talent is starting to crystallize. Additionally, the hiring of head coaches and coordinators provides us with an idea of how well prospects potentially fit into a team's designated offensive or defensive scheme. While the process remains fluid at this point, I thought I would dive in and take another crack at a mock draft. Since I'm not including a quick explanation behind each pick, feel free to hit me up on Twitter (@buckybrooks) to discuss the rationale behind the selections. Without further ado, here is my mock draft, version 2.0:

Pick 1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB WVU.

Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is reeruned.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.

htismaqe 02-07-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9385071)
Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is reeruned.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.

Yep.