ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

htismaqe 01-02-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9270229)
scott pioli is a cancer and a failure..if Clark does not fire him then Clark is biggest problem this franchise, because he's a clueless pussy....

pioli being kept on in any capacity is a disaster....

you can continue with your various rationalizations for accepting it, but you know this is true...

I absolutely know it's true.

But there's also nothing I can do about it, short of ceasing to be a fan. I'm not quite ready to do that yet. I've been a Chiefs fan 3 times longer than I've been married.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9270224)
While I'm not happy he hasn't been fired yet, I can understand Clark wanting to do the best he can financially regarding a buyout - especially when you consider he's going to have to pay not just Pioli, but RAC and the old staff, as well as the new staff.

If it takes him a few months to pull the trigger, I can live with it.

If Clark announces on Friday that Andy Reid is the next HC of the Kansas City Chiefs and that Scott Pioli will remain the GM and in charge of personnel, adios.

It's not my money, so I'm willing to be patient - until Clark gives me a legitimate reason to not be patient.

This x1000000000

O.city 01-02-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9270224)
While I'm not happy he hasn't been fired yet, I can understand Clark wanting to do the best he can financially regarding a buyout - especially when you consider he's going to have to pay not just Pioli, but RAC and the old staff, as well as the new staff.

If it takes him a few months to pull the trigger, I can live with it.

If Clark announces on Friday that Andy Reid is the next HC of the Kansas City Chiefs and that Scott Pioli will remain the GM and in charge of personnel, adios.

It's not my money, so I'm willing to be patient - until Clark gives me a legitimate reason to not be patient.

If it's all about the buyout, yeah, I'm fine with it taking a while.

But we are now hearing that the reason he's being brought along on interviews is to determine if he has any cohesion and compatibility with the new HC.

I'd say it's likely he's staying on as something.

Strongside 01-02-2013 06:25 PM

http://i.imgur.com/P95ks.jpg

mcaj22 01-02-2013 06:26 PM

Mark Donovan is probably trying to bridge that gap between Pioli and Reid

and if Mark can't make it work, nobody can.

ILChief 01-02-2013 06:26 PM

I just hope at some point today Clark was allowed to meet with Reid without Pioli there to emphasize its not guaranteed he will be back

Strongside 01-02-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9270247)
Mark Donovan is probably trying to bridge that gap between Pioli and Reid

and if Mark can't make it work, nobody can.

Correction...if Mark can't make it work, then do the inevitable and send Pioli's ass home in the cargo bay.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270242)
If it's all about the buyout, yeah, I'm fine with it taking a while.

But we are now hearing that the reason he's being brought along on interviews is to determine if he has any cohesion and compatibility with the new HC.

I'd say it's likely he's staying on as something.

For the fifteenth ****ing time, they did the same thing with Herm in 2009.

Kept his ass around for THREE WEEKS while he helped with the transition and he and Pioli got to know each other.

Then he was fired.

O.city 01-02-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9270250)

Kept his ass around for THREE WEEKS while he helped with the transition and he and Pioli got to know each other.

Then he was fired.

And it's as stupid now as it was then.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-02-2013 06:28 PM

Earlier today we told you that there were reports that the Kansas City Chiefs were in Philly interviewing former Eagles coach Andy Reid. Now we are hearing that the interview lasted at least nine hours.
And it may still be going on.

Howard Eskin

@howardeskin
Andy reid,lamonte has met w KC Chiefs for over 9 hours. Owner clark hunt, pres Mark donovan, GM scott pioli and 4 others. @ProFootballTalk

2 Jan 13
There is no indication from this tweet that the meeting has ended. In fact, the wording seems to indicated that it is still happening.
While I am sure these meeting can take some time, nine hours seems a little long. Remember, we heard last year that GM Scott Piolis interview with former Titans coach Jeff Fischer did not last very long at all.
If you are in the “hire Andy Reid” camp, this is good news. Reid is reportedly supposed to fly to Arizona tonight so he can interview with the Cardinals tomorrow. If the Chiefs are serious about hiring Reid, the only plane he’ll get on tonight will be Clark Hunts private jet back to Kansas City.
Mark Donovan and Pioli are also at the meeting. Donovan worked in the Eagles organization from 2002-2009 as the senior VP of operations. He is now the COO for the Chiefs and was likely brought along to help convince Reid to sign

nychief 01-02-2013 06:28 PM

Where was Ed Hartwell during all this?

Strongside 01-02-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9270250)

Then he was fired.

I hope this is the case, but I don't feel like it's the ideal scenario. While I agree that finding a new HC first is paramount, I think that we are just delaying the inevitable.

mnchiefsguy 01-02-2013 06:28 PM

If the Chiefs make a deal with Reid tonight, it will still be a few days before we hear anything. Clark still needs to have an interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule, does he not?

DeezNutz 01-02-2013 06:29 PM

Someone needs to find the audio/video the Dayton Moore's introductory presser if you want an idea of what Reid's/anyone's will be if Pioli is still on board in any capacity.

****ing disaster.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 01-02-2013 06:29 PM

Mark Donovan as stated before, will be Clark's right hand man on this.