ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Boomer mystery??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115422)

Logical 04-28-2005 09:04 PM

Boomer mystery???

As a fan of the Chiefs and football in long standing (40+ years) I am mystifyied by all the excitement about Boomer. Am I missing out on some kind of inside joke. Is he this years Rich Scanlon? Come on folks fill me in.

Chieficus 04-28-2005 09:05 PM

The guy's name is "Boomer" what more do you want???

ROYC75 04-28-2005 09:07 PM

He is no Rich Scanlon. ROFL

Kclee 04-28-2005 09:07 PM

Yeah, this whole thing is starting out kind of like when we drafted Mitchell. I hope this one lives up to the hype though.

milkman 04-28-2005 09:07 PM

Jim,
Speaking formyself only, I don't have any expectation for Boomer other than as a STer.

However, you just have to love his interviews, and the mentality he projects.

I hope he has the talent to make the roster, just so we can get some interviews and soundbites from him occassionally.

He cracks me up!

Stinger 04-28-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75

Oh lord ... here we go :rolleyes: ROFL

ROYC75 04-28-2005 09:08 PM

Ha Ha .......

The kid has alot of potential and a fiery engine many members have fell in love with.

I reserve the right to past judgement until I see him in action.

siberian khatru 04-28-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Jim,
Speaking formyself only, I don't have any expectation for Boomer other than as a STer.

However, you just have to love his interviews, and the mentality he projects.

I hope he has the talent to make the roster, just so we can get some interviews and soundbites from him occassionally.

He cracks me up!

SideWinder speaks for me, too. :thumb:

Rausch 04-28-2005 09:13 PM

Everyone loves one underdog, longshot player or another. For some it was Bo, for Dole it was Dante, for others it was Maz.

I was a Stills fan myself. But you have to love the attitude of guys like Boomer and Maz. Guys who know their time is short and just want to **** somebody up...

ROYC75 04-28-2005 09:13 PM

I could care less about interviews, I want football players on the field that makes the team better.

Again, he has alot of potential, speed,good head, etc. ,I'll wait to pass judgement when they hit the field.

Skip Towne 04-28-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75

Let's hope not.

Nzoner 04-28-2005 09:22 PM

I just bumped TK's Boomer thread and have added all the Boomer thread links there that I know of.Kid has made a quite a splash in less than a week and like others I'm sold on the kid because of his attitude and the stories/interviews I've read.

If nothing else maybe we'll get a helluva ST player as well a sideline motivator for the rest of the team.

Logical 04-28-2005 09:23 PM

Thanks for taking the question seriously. Seems there are several reasons for all the hype.

I must admit I am mystified by the fascination with the nickname Boomer.

tk13 04-28-2005 09:24 PM

He's a cross between Lanier and Bobby Bell. Duh.

Skip Towne 04-28-2005 09:25 PM

I really want the kid to make it. I love his attitude. But he is either very stupid or very naive. I don't know which yet. When the only school to offer him a scholarship, Illinois State, called, he told them he'd think about it. His high school coach hit the ceiling over that.