ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs down to 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271714)

RealSNR 04-03-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9552714)
Why is he bad in your opinion?

Watch him play. Eric Fisher blows up people, Luke Joeckel just re-directs pass rushers to the outside. One guy is an asshole, the other is a fat pig.

And to be quite honest, one of them is more conducive to an excellent RT than the other, and that needs to be our consideration going forward out of all this. 100%. Branden Albert is still on this team and if the Chiefs really are in "win now" mode, putting a rookie in at LT is a dumb idea. A seriously ****ing dumb idea.

It may only stay that way for a year, but in that time we need our RT to do RT things, and not play the way Joeckel does against the rush.

Canofbier 04-03-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9552714)
Why is he bad in your opinion?

He shows good technique in pass protection and can shut down speed rushers, but struggled at times against some of the strong bull rushers he encountered in the SEC. They're only going to get stronger in the NFL. He is an adequate physical specimen, but his athleticism isn't elite. Combine that with his lack of a true "nasty streak" and he doesn't project to be a fantastic run blocker in the NFL.

He's a good talent, no doubt, but when you select a tackle with the first overall pick, he should at least have the potential to be dominant in both the running and passing game, which I don't think Joeckel does.

chiefscafan 04-03-2013 08:25 AM

Dion Jordan is intriguing looks a lot like dt when he attacks

But where do we play him when we have Houston and Hali.

BigRedChief 04-03-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9552703)
once again ... i don't know how anyone could have a valid source on such a high dollar piece of information. If they really do KNOW then the Chiefs need to start firing some people.

2 ways. One or both the clubs leak the information for their own benefit.

This has way too many legs to not have been leaked by one of the teams. Doesn't make it true. Just that they want people to think it's true.

Sassy Squatch 04-03-2013 08:27 AM

I've always just kind of dismissed Joeckel on the fact that he's only blocked for Tannehil and Manziel.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 08:28 AM

KFFL is an index for all the individual reports out there. They don't actually do any reporting themselves.

Right now it's fair to call this shit BS until we see the guy who made this claim.

Canofbier 04-03-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9552728)

This has way too many legs to not have been leaked by one of the teams. Doesn't make it true. Just that they want people to think it's true.

It was tweeted by Russell Lande and published by this site, which doesn't refer to its source (and might just be a regurgitation of Lande). Did I miss this being reported elsewhere?

BigRedChief 04-03-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9552721)
So, they trade with Philly, and we get Philly's 1.4 and 2.3? That it?

the variations of this rumor are basically the same as above but most say we get a conditional pick in 2014. Most times a 2nd-4th based on performance.

BigRedChief 04-03-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9552733)
It was tweeted by Russell Lande and published by this site, which doesn't refer to its source (and might just be a regurgitation of Lande). Did I miss this being reported elsewhere?

Twitterverse and blogs. I'm convinced this came from the Chiefs or Philly. Doesn't make it true though. Quite possibly draft smoke and mirrors.

Coogs 04-03-2013 08:33 AM

Okay! Here is a link to a story that includes a video segment on the Chiefs from Monday Nights Total Access show. It is from Albert Breer who says Dorsey told him it was at 4 players.

I trust words right from Dorsey to Russ Lande any day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...s-for-top-pick

suds79 04-03-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9552727)
Dion Jordan is intriguing looks a lot like dt when he attacks

But where do we play him when we have Houston and Hali.

This I wouldn't really worry about.

In pass rushing situations you find a way to get them all on the field like the Giants do.

Shoot put Hali at DE and have Houtson & Jordan rushing from OLB spots in pass rushing situations. They'd figure that out. You can never have too many pass rushers.

Canofbier 04-03-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9552740)
Twitterverse and blogs. I'm convinced this came from the Chiefs or Philly. Doesn't make it true though.

Fair enough. I dislike the rumor enough that I'll disregard it until it's reported by more/more credible people. :)

Sassy Squatch 04-03-2013 08:35 AM

**** it run the 4-3 under then if you want Jordan.

Mr. Laz 04-03-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9552728)

I'm not trying to attack/insult anyone but i failed to see any benefit for a team leaking information like this.

this exposes and risks selection potential

If other teams know what you're doing then they might block it

If you are in charge of the draft etc for a billion dollar organization then you better have information on lockdown. There is no way i even let secretaries etc photocopy information about such important information. I would know EVERY person that had access to such information and would start firing people if it was leaked.

Sassy Squatch 04-03-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9552750)
I'm not trying to attack/insult anyone but i failed to see any benefit for a team leaking information like this.

this exposes and risks selection potential

If other teams know what you're doing then they might block it

If you are in charge of the draft etc for a billion dollar organization then you better have information on lockdown. There is no way i even let secretaries etc photocopy information about such important information. I would know EVERY person that had access to such information and would start firing people if it was leaked.

That..... or its a smokescreen to TRY and get other teams to offer more.