ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NFT: Jason Collins is teh ghey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272619)

Carlota69 04-30-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645618)
What RIGHTS are gay people lacking in the USA besides the marriage thing (which is in debate, but will probably fall soon)?

While uncomfortable and unfortunate, being mocked or ridiculed does not impede upon one's rights.

Well, they can be fired in 29 states for simply being gay. They also cant recieve pensions from their deceased partners, or file taxes jointly. They cant make medical decisions for their partners either. The list goes on....

Donger 04-30-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645748)
You've glossed over the leap from "born that way" to "bad wiring", haven't you?

I'd agree to "different wiring". Bad wiring was, and we are both well aware of this, merely low grade trolling on your part. In no way unexpected.

Not at all. They do have bad wiring. If you want to throw different on top of that, it's fine.

Donger 04-30-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9645806)
Homosexuality is all about the sex. It's what makes them gay. If you aren't having sex with the same gender...you are not gay.

I disagree with this. If you are sexually attracted to the opposite sex, you are homosexual, even if you don't act on it, IMO.

loochy 04-30-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9645794)
Who he wants to spend his time and life with. Who he is not only 'attracted" to, but who he is comfortable with spending quality time. Is being with your wife or GF only about "eating her pussy?' like some would say he likes to 'Suck cock"? NO. Its about love, friendship, and companionship.

everyone just immediately jumps to he likes to "suck cock" thing. everyone elses mind goes right to the sex part, and Im saying it isnt all about the "SEX" of it.

But, obviously you are a one dimensional, ignorant person...oh wait, i forgot the :rolleyes:

Right, but those things also describe close friendships. The part that makes it homosexual is the sexual part.

If I didn't have sexual relations with my wife (I include kissing and touching and whatnot in "sexual") then she'd just be my best friend and room mate.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9645806)
Homosexuality is all about the sex. It's what makes them gay. If you aren't having sex with the same gender...you are not gay.

So you weren't straight until you lost your virginity?

Mr. Laz 04-30-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645792)
You can also be fired for being straight in those states.

so lame

Mr. Laz 04-30-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645819)

made me laugh

loochy 04-30-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9645808)
Well, they can be fired in 29 states for simply being gay. They also cant recieve pensions from their deceased partners, or file taxes jointly. They cant make medical decisions for their partners either. The list goes on....

Ah, well OK then. You answered my question. Thank you for doing that instead of just insulting me like that other dude did.

I really wasn't aware that they could be fired for being gay. I thought that one was actually a part of discrimination, similar to age, sex, nationality, or religion. I knew about the medical, pension, and benefits thing, which I see as a part of the marriage issue.

Garcia Bronco 04-30-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Your beneficiary on your retirement accounts are your beneficiaries. No one can legally deny you that ability. If they can't designate a beneficiary in their retirement account due to it's structure then you have to realize it's a bad retirement vehicle. This isn't calculus.

Donger 04-30-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9645789)
in 30 states it's legal to fire someone because they are lesbian or gay; and in 39 states people can be legally fire for being transgendered

Just because they homosexual?

Carlota69 04-30-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645773)
Just to be clear, gays currently have every right that straights have. Let's not forget that and pretend that the laws somehow single out gays.

No they dont.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9645820)
so lame

It's true. Gays have equal rights according to the letter of the law...which is the only part that matters.

loochy 04-30-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645819)

When I talk about sex I include thoughts and related activities - not just the discrete physical act of sticking it in somewhere.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9645829)
No they dont.

How so?

Donger 04-30-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Well, they can be fired in 29 states for simply being gay.

Evidence of this?