ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NFT: Jason Collins is teh ghey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272619)

patteeu 04-30-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645514)
Yeah, it's been just awful. Everyone is just gay bashing in this thread.

The most interesting thing to me about this whole story to me is that so many of the gay rights supporters seem pissed that there is so little outrage. I haven't seen anyone freak out over a gay athlete, but I've seen plenty of people bashing religious people for being hateful.

I support the cause, but the martyr complex is out of control. I would think that the narrative to come from this would be that a gay player came out and was almost universally accepted.

The most negative reactions so far seem to be people saying "who cares" or Mike Wallace saying that he doesn't get why a guy would want to get with another guy. I don't see anyone grabbing a rope. This is a perfect chance for gay rights activists to extend an olive branch, but it's just another occasion to throw stones, it seems. Keep wondering why the cause is progressing so slowly, though. It must be everyone else's fault, especially those piece of shit bigoted, hateful Christian mother****ers.

Fine post.

WhiteWhale 04-30-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9645482)
Also, I love how many people seem to be annoyed at someone talking about a fundamental facet of their lives. Oh no, a column you don't have to read that reflects how a not-insubstantial portion of the population feels about their own lives! Better mock it/say how NOT interested you are or else someone might think you're a halfway decent person.

On one hand, pffffft what's the big deal about someone's sexuality? On the other, how DARE someone acknowledge it publicly when they've felt intense social pressure to never reveal it to anyone ever and it's had huge consequences for their relationships with other people for their entire life.

Especially when their acknowledgment might give someone else the courage to live their life in a more happy, healthy manner. "Euuuuuuugh, grody!" - Straight White Male, arbiter of relevance

Seems like you're lumping only the negative comments together from various people and then applying it to all straight white men in the world.

You are just as ignorant and hateful as those you attempt to castigate when you do such things.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645514)
This is a perfect chance for gay rights activists to extend an olive branch, but it's just another occasion to throw stones, it seems. ers.

LOL, they have no interest in "peace". They want to force their agenda on people who frankly don't like it. Nobody cares if Collins is gay or not. But dammit, you WILL hear about it and you WILL accept it! If not? Then you're an awful evil person who should be executed or jailed. Even the NFL just issued a tolerance demand on their teams yesterday.

Soon they will be added in the protected class, i.e. affirmative action and quotas. You heard it here first. Remember me when Congress starts up the debate in about 10 years.

HMc 04-30-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645552)
LOL, they have no interest in "peace". They want to force their agenda on people who frankly don't like it. Nobody cares if Collins is gay or not. But dammit, you WILL hear about it and you WILL accept it! If not? Then you're an awful evil person who should be executed or jailed. Even the NFL just issued a tolerance demand on their teams yesterday.

Soon they will be added in the protected class, i.e. affirmative action and quotas. You heard it here first. Remember me when Congress starts up the debate in about 10 years.

With the small exception of large swathes of morons that, for the sake of this discussion, I shall call "Christians". Other than that oppressed minority, you're right. There are non-christians that have a problem with homosexuality also, I suppose I shouldn't leave them out.

You'd think people that believe a sky fairy answers their prayers (and often times the prayers of people they know from internet, if what goes on here is any indication) would be more open minded. Alas, it is not so.

notorious 04-30-2013 07:40 AM

....opens thread, shakes head, walks back out.......

Garcia Bronco 04-30-2013 07:41 AM

One thing I found interesting in this story is that Collins has a twin brother who is not gay.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645559)
With the small exception of large swathes of morons that, for the sake of this discussion, I shall call "Christians". Other than that oppressed minority, you're right. There are non-christians that have a problem with homosexuality also, I suppose I shouldn't leave them out.

You'd think people that believe a sky fairy answers their prayers (and often times the prayers of people they know from internet, if what goes on here is any indication) would be more open minded. Alas, it is not so.

It does make you sorta laugh that the very people who demand "stay outta my bedroom!" are the first ones to blabber endlessly about what they do in their bedroom.

HMc 04-30-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9645562)
One thing I found interesting in this story is that Collins has a twin brother who is not gay.

That's almost as crazy as having a twin that was the opposite sex

TEX 04-30-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645552)

You nailed it!

MahiMike 04-30-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9644109)
What was wrong with his tweet? I don't see anything remotely offensive about that.

Me either. I love how when anyone goes against the PC crowd, he gets the 1st stone thrown his way. Like his opinion doesn't even count.

HMc 04-30-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645564)
It does make you sorta laugh that the very people who demand "stay outta my bedroom!" are the first ones to blabber endlessly about what they do in their bedroom.

Less so than the concept of a "prayer request thread", if I am to be entirely honest.

Carlota69 04-30-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645564)

He isn't talking about what he does in his bedroom, he is talking about who he is as a man. It's everyone else talking about what he does in his bedroom.

HMc 04-30-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9645569)
Me either. I love how when anyone goes against the PC crowd, he gets the 1st stone thrown his way. Like his opinion doesn't even count.

He's copping it because he's a category 10 moron and decided to publicise that fact without any real need to do so.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9645569)

Eventually you're going to be unable to legally oppose gays. It will happen eventually. It'll be treated as a "hate crime" and even your religious views will be trumped by Federal laws. Chris Broussard at ESPN is in danger of losing his job now.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9645571)
He isn't talking about what he does in his bedroom, he is talking about who he is as a man. It's everyone else talking about what he does in his bedroom.

:hump: