ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the Browns coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268497)

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-04-2013 05:01 PM

Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the Browns coach

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

The Franchise 01-04-2013 05:02 PM

Not a bad get by them.

I'm not sure that Weeden will still be the starting QB though.

RustShack 01-04-2013 05:02 PM

Browns always fail. Looks like we made the right choice not going after him.

mcaj22 01-04-2013 05:03 PM

im not saying Ian Poopnshit is correct, but what the hell are some of these teams with a head coaching vacancy doing? who are they waiting on

there are like NO good options out there besides the potential of Chip Kelly and maybe what? Hoping you can convince Jon Gruden? Who else is there? You are going to get a fired coach in Lovie Smith or Ken Wisenhunt regardless.

How the Eagles and Cardinals and Chargers are just hanging out losing out to Chip Kelly to the potential shitpile crappy Browns is hilarious to me

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 05:03 PM

BREAKING: Andy Reid close to completing a deal to become the Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Oh, wait.

Someone let me know when it actually HAPPENS.

Mother****erJones 01-04-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9281836)
BREAKING: Andy Reid close to completing a deal to become the Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Oh, wait.

ROFL

mcaj22 01-04-2013 05:04 PM

lol waiting for these playoffs to end so teams can make a run at guys like Bruce Arians

theres only one Bruce Arians and clearly like 3 teams hoping they get him.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-04-2013 05:05 PM

Good Luck Chip on fixing the Browns, A lot of peeps have tried.

Strongside 01-04-2013 05:05 PM

Hope he can turn them around. With the success our team has had, we should feel for their fans as well. Kindred spirits, they are.

FD 01-04-2013 05:06 PM

I had high hopes for Kelly making something happen in the NFL. This would pretty much kill that dream. Cleveland is a sinkhole.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9281835)
im not saying Ian Poopnshit is correct, but what the hell are some of these teams with a head coaching vacancy doing? who are they waiting on

there are like NO good options out there besides the potential of Chip Kelly and maybe what? Hoping you can convince Jon Gruden? Who else is there? You are going to get a fired coach in Lovie Smith or Ken Wisenhunt regardless.

How the Eagles and Cardinals and Chargers are just hanging out losing out to Chip Kelly to the potential shitpile crappy Browns is hilarious to me

The Chargers and Cardinals have a similar front office structure to what we used to have, so until they hire a GM, they won't be hiring a coach.

And while Lurie has said both the coach and GM will report to him in Philly, he also said he wants to hire a GM first.

So basically, all 3 teams are apparently looking for a GM, although there hasn't been a lot of chatter.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-04-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9281831)
Not a bad get by them.

I'm not sure that Weeden will still be the starting QB though.

Isn't Weeden older than Kelly? :p

mcaj22 01-04-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281861)
The Chargers and Cardinals have a similar front office structure to what we used to have, so until they hire a GM, they won't be hiring a coach.

And while Lurie has said both the coach and GM will report to him in Philly, he also said he wants to hire a GM first.

So basically, all 3 teams are apparently looking for a GM, although there hasn't been a lot of chatter.

most of the GMs they want they cant get

didnt DeCosta say hes staying with Baltimore and I dont know what's up with the 49ers guy? It seems to be a lot of teams after a shallow pool of GMs they have no chance at getting.

And we have the wildcard on John Dorsey, so I'd love to see a crap team like the Jets try and steal him from us

Reaper16 01-04-2013 05:09 PM

If this week is any precedent, then this report means that Chip Kelly will be the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Print 'em, Clark.

Molitoth 01-04-2013 05:10 PM

I like Chip Kelly. Don't like the move to the Browns.

O.city 01-04-2013 05:10 PM

Kelly using the Browns as a stepping stone.

He works there for 2 or 3 years, big teams see that his system will work in the NFL, big time paycheck coming his way.

FD 01-04-2013 05:11 PM

Weeden and Richardson could potentially be successful together in a lot of NFL offenses. Chip Kelly's offense however would be completely wrong for them.

Buehler445 01-04-2013 05:11 PM

So my question is why would Chip want to go to Cleveland? He could pretty much go wherever he wanted (I wanted him in KC), why choose Cleveland?

Pretty much everybody since Marty has sucked and hell even an owner quit on Cleveland.

Is it because he'd get more time? Since Crennel, they haven't given much time to anybody.

What gives?

mcaj22 01-04-2013 05:12 PM

yea the Browns are perfect for Kelly they are practically a college team

they are one of the youngest in the NFL and started the most rookies this year.

Rasputin 01-04-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9281836)

Oh, wait.

The funny thing about this is that the "networks" were all 90 to 95% sure that Reid would be a Cardinals HC. LMFAO he didn't even go there for an interview.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9281879)

He works there for 2 or 3 years, big teams see that his system will work in the NFL, big time paycheck coming his way.

Probably this.

FloridaMan88 01-04-2013 05:13 PM

Kelly should wait to see what happens with the Carolina coaching situation IMO

silver5liter 01-04-2013 05:14 PM

Seems like a bad choice...

O.city 01-04-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281893)
Probably this.

Or he's using this to drive up the price or hurry someone along, where he really wants to go.

Bewbies 01-04-2013 05:16 PM

Interesting, that division plays slow-ass smash mouth football....

Hope he works out, would love to meet the Browns in the postseason soon.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9281868)
most of the GMs they want they cant get

didnt DeCosta say hes staying with Baltimore and I dont know what's up with the 49ers guy? It seems to be a lot of teams after a shallow pool of GMs they have no chance at getting.

And we have the wildcard on John Dorsey, so I'd love to see a crap team like the Jets try and steal him from us

You're dead on. I don't get it.

It just makes all the more obvious that Clark knocked this out of the park.

Sure-Oz 01-04-2013 05:18 PM

I'm going to laugh if tomorrow he has a deal with Carolina or Philly using Cleveland as leverage

O.city 01-04-2013 05:18 PM

Another reason the Browns are a questionable choice. If he is going to bring his kind of football in the NFL, it's been shown in college that big physical teams can slow it down.

So he goes to the AFC North? The SEC defenses of the NFL?

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-04-2013 05:19 PM

Browns new owner is going to overpay for Kelly.

FloridaMan88 01-04-2013 05:19 PM

Cleveland can have Romeo and Dabhole back.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2013 05:20 PM

...reach for Hermy Jr. Eggo

Bewbies 01-04-2013 05:20 PM

The Browns own their own stadium, they're one of the most valuable franchises in the NFL. They've got the money.

Dante84 01-04-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9281879)

When was the last time an NFL coach, without being fired first (or clearly on the outs because of lack of success), made a lateral move to another team?

Basically what I'm asking is, has anyone ever had success and jumped ship to a better market? That's SOP in NCAA, not so much in the NFL.

The Franchise 01-04-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9281924)
Another reason the Browns are a questionable choice. If he is going to bring his kind of football in the NFL, it's been shown in college that big physical teams can slow it down.

So he goes to the AFC North? The SEC defenses of the NFL?

The Ravens and Steelers defenses are both getting old and slow.

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2013 05:24 PM

What's bad about the choice? Kelly has an ascending defense and a QB who is very comfortable in the spread. And apart from Trent Richardson and Joe Thomas, he pretty much has license to tear that offense apart and build it in his own image.

It's so interesting that Kelly was #1 on everyone's list now all of a sudden he's not. Love Reid coming to KC, but the Browns hit a grand slam with this one. They decided to go big or go home. Kelly will either bust or he's going to be a huge success. I think he has the organizational skills and is a brilliant offensive mind and he's going to find some way to make it work.

Good for the Brownies. They deserve a big hire like this.

whoman69 01-04-2013 05:26 PM

Kelly is not going to be able to go all out in this system. They just don't have the personnel to be doing this in the pros. He's also going to have his defense on the field the whole game. Spurrier found out you can't just put a college system in the pros and expect it to work. Even RG3 has some pro elements to their game. RG3 will need to expand his game. They spoon fed it this year with him only needing to read half the field.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9281947)
What's bad about the choice? Kelly has an ascending defense and a QB who is very comfortable in the spread. And apart from Trent Richardson and Joe Thomas, he pretty much has license to tear that offense apart and build it in his own image.

It's so interesting that Kelly was #1 on everyone's list now all of a sudden he's not. Love Reid coming to KC, but the Browns hit a grand slam with this one. They decided to go big or go home. Kelly will either bust or he's going to be a huge success. I think he has the organizational skills and is a brilliant offensive mind and he's going to find some way to make it work.

Chip Kelly wasn't even on my list, let alone #1.

His spread offense isn't going to work in the NFL. It's predicated on running the ball and having a massive speed differential between his guys and the opponent. The playing field is too level in the NFL.

O.city 01-04-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281991)

His spread offense isn't going to work in the NFL. It's predicated on running the ball and having a massive speed differential between his guys and the opponent. The playing field is too level in the NFL.

Lotta guys were saying that "other teams have been picking Kelly's brain, etc."

But look at the teams doing that. Alot of teams have some of the concepts in their system, but as far as a complete offense of that? I'm not sold it would work, but I also don't think he's gonna stick strictly with it.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9282008)
Lotta guys were saying that "other teams have been picking Kelly's brain, etc."

But look at the teams doing that. Alot of teams have some of the concepts in their system, but as far as a complete offense of that? I'm not sold it would work, but I also don't think he's gonna stick strictly with it.

I don't either.

But like they were talking about on the telecast last night, he offense isn't going to determine success or failure in the NFL anyway.

Being an effective NFL head coach is SO much more than X's and O's.

Bewbies 01-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

If he comes in and tries to make Oregon in the NFL he will suck. If he uses his tempo, attacking style and creativity to do something that looks more like a faster Saints (for example) he could kill it.

Buehler445 01-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9281947)

I wanted him. Still want him more than Reid, but I'm super happy with Reid.

O.city 01-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9282011)
I don't either.

But like they were talking about on the telecast last night, he offense isn't going to determine success or failure in the NFL anyway.

Yeah, I like what he brings to the table in that situation too though.

He would have been an exciting hire in KC, in 2008. Not at this point, IMO.

Buehler445 01-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9282017)
If he comes in and tries to make Oregon in the NFL he will suck. If he uses his tempo, attacking style and creativity to do something that looks more like a faster Saints (for example) he could kill it.

This. I want innovation. Not necessarily Oregon.

RunKC 01-04-2013 05:46 PM

I can really see Weeden doing well in his system. OSU had a quick spread offense too.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9282017)

That puts a lot of pressure on the defense. He's going to have to temper it some, I think.

O.city 01-04-2013 05:46 PM

Will Burge ‏@WillBurge
Source in #Browns organization told me that just over a week ago Colt McCoy was told by Joe Banner he is "in the next head coach's plans"

GoChargers 01-04-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9281835)

Can't speak for other teams but the Chargers are interviewing GM candidates right now.

I'd rather have Zimmer or Vic Fangio than Chip.

Ultra Peanut 01-04-2013 05:47 PM

Oregon has been my second-favorite college football team since 1998, but: YAAAY! Now hire Chris Petersen, Ducks!

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9282021)
I wanted him. Still want him more than Reid, but I'm super happy with Reid.

I'm not ready for the risk. I was this close --><-- to just saying "**** it" and walking away for good.

I don't want to see experiments right now. I want to see them build up a consistent winner and get to a Super Bowl soon.

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Chock full of truthiness.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9282027)
Will Burge ‏@WillBurge
Source in #Browns organization told me that just over a week ago Colt McCoy was told by Joe Banner he is "in the next head coach's plans"

That doesn't make much sense. Why would Chip want Colt? He's a spread QB but not exactly in the Chip Kelly mold...

O.city 01-04-2013 05:49 PM

The reason I dont' see his spread being a fit, is that when you have guys who can dominate the you up front and make it go sideways, you can stop the run. But his passing game is exciting.

Bewbies 01-04-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9282026)
That puts a lot of pressure on the defense. He's going to have to temper it some, I think.

Maybe. If he has a great D the pressure is really put on the other team.

Interesting hire, I'll enjoy watching to see how he pans out.

GoChargers 01-04-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9282032)
Oregon has been my second-favorite college football team since 1998, but: YAAAY! Now hire Chris Petersen, Ducks!

Oregon has already said that they will promote their offensive coordinator to HC if Chip really leaves.

I doubt Petersen ever leaves Boise at this point.

O.city 01-04-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9282037)
That doesn't make much sense. Why would Chip want Colt? He's a spread QB but not exactly in the Chip Kelly mold...

I liked him at Oregon, but from his interviews and other stuff, I see a little Pioli in him.

"You couldn't get this to work, but my way will, not your way, my way. "

ThaVirus 01-04-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9281910)
Hope he works out, would love to meet the Browns in the postseason soon.

We suck against the Browns.. ill pass.

Would love to see them make the playoffs next season though.

Mother****erJones 01-04-2013 05:56 PM

He's gona have to incorporate some wildcat

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9282011)
I don't either.

Well, you know my criticism of Arians, that I think he's an X's and O's guy but not a big fan of him as head coach. From a coaching standpoint, Kelly is as good as it gets. Everything I've heard is he's incredibly organized, runs an incredible practice, and he's a guy who knows how to be tough to his players while still earning their respect. I wouldn't think him to be an interesting option unless he can do those things.

On the X's and O's... you have to assume he isn't going to be creative about making that NFL-oriented. That's where he's boom/bust. Maybe he can't scheme an NFL offense. It really sounds to me like he's pretty brilliant of an offensive mind, so I think he'll adapt to the game. And you wonder if he'll choose an offensive coordinator who can help counsel Kelly if his scheme gets too radical.

Great hire for the Brownies. It's the pick you make when you gamble -- they chose not to play it safe, and it could pay some huge dividends for them. Worst case scenario, the experiment doesn't work and 3 years from now, you have a team that's fast and ready for the spread but needs a scheme adjustment.

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9282045)
I liked him at Oregon, but from his interviews and other stuff, I see a little Pioli in him.

"You couldn't get this to work, but my way will, not your way, my way. "

I could see that. A lot of danger in giving him that much control over personnel, which is what he wants. I still have a feeling that Kelly, unlike Pioli, will actually adapt his game whereas Pioli's problem was that he tried to force-fit the only thing he knew.

O.city 01-04-2013 06:00 PM

A question I have is taht when he's coached a team thats physically matched, his system seems to be quelled.

Ultra Peanut 01-04-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9282043)
Oregon has already said that they will promote their offensive coordinator to HC if Chip really leaves.

I doubt Petersen ever leaves Boise at this point.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O.city 01-04-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9282067)
I could see that. A lot of danger in giving him that much control over personnel, which is what he wants. I still have a feeling that Kelly, unlike Pioli, will actually adapt his game whereas Pioli's problem was that he tried to force-fit the only thing he knew.

Thatst he problem tho, what else does Kelly know?

htismaqe 01-04-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9282041)
Maybe. If he has a great D the pressure is really put on the other team.

Interesting hire, I'll enjoy watching to see how he pans out.

The thing is, at the end of the day, Chip Kelly relies on a MASSIVE talent gap.

Look at what they did against a near-NFL defense in Stanford.

That talent gap, particularly the speed gap, just isn't going to exist in the NFL.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9282076)

Right.

O.city 01-04-2013 06:04 PM

The thing with his innovation is, things in the NFL get figured out pretty quick. It's why the wildcat flamed, etc.

It will eventually get figured out, he's just gonna have to always stay a step ahead. Which seemed, IMO, to be a problem for him at Oregon in that whenever his teams were physically handled, they struggled.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9282063)
Great hire for the Brownies. It's the pick you make when you gamble -- they chose not to play it safe, and it could pay some huge dividends for them. Worst case scenario, the experiment doesn't work and 3 years from now, you have a team that's fast and ready for the spread but needs a scheme adjustment.

What?

Worst case scenario is the experiment doesn't work, they've sold out to build for the spread, and have to completely gut the thing so that it resembles an NFL team again.

They're taking a HUGE risk.

GoChargers 01-04-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9282075)
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FWIW, Petersen is a bad fit for Oregon. His offense is a very complex pro-style system with Pistol and Wildcat elements, heavily predicated on varied formations and pre-snap shifts. It's not really similar to Chip's system.

O.city 01-04-2013 06:09 PM

Kelly is an extremely intriguing hire and I do like the Browns taking a chance. But I'm not sure it's a smart chance.

Reaper16 01-04-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9282082)

Look at what they did against a near-NFL defense in Stanford.

Beat Stanford by 23 points in 2011? Beat Stanford by 21 points in 2010?

Reaper16 01-04-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9282088)
The thing with his innovation is, things in the NFL get figured out pretty quick.

New England Patriots team offense:

2012: #1, 427.9 ypg
2011: #2, 428.0 ypg
2010: #8, 363.8 ypg
2009: #3, 397.3 ypg

Seems like the Patriots are generally improving as they continue to play an uptempo spread offense, instead of getting figured out.

O.city 01-04-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9282133)
New England Patriots team offense:

2012: #1, 427.9 ypg
2011: #2, 428.0 ypg
2010: #8, 363.8 ypg
2009: #3, 397.3 ypg

Seems like the Patriots are generally improving as they continue to play an uptempo spread offense, instead of getting figured out.

Ok after four years, we've discussed this. Unless Brady moves to Cleveland, i'm not too worried.

The Pats use some spread concepts, but they are far from a complete spread team.

BIG_DADDY 01-04-2013 06:19 PM

This really sucks. Hoping he would come back for national championship

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9282076)

The league is moving to a more spread-oriented approach and teams are incorporating a ton of no-huddle, because it keeps defenses from switching personnel. Kelly's system can absolutely work. The question is if he will tweak the spread to fit the NFL.

Keep in mind that Kelly took somebody else's spread and came up with his own innovative twists, just like Monte Kiffin took the Tampa 2 and adapted it to fit the changing NFL. Interviews I've heard with Kelly indicate that he knows it could be a trendy defense and you have to adapt the scheme to the situation. From what I've heard, the guy is incredibly bright and learns very quickly, not like a copycat spread guy.

The offensive coordinator hire is going to be a big one. If he hires someone with NFL experience, that would help immensely in adapting his game. It's a risky hire, but I happen to think he's a smart guy who's going to find a really creative way to make his scheme fit the NFL.

mcaj22 01-04-2013 06:21 PM

the Pats system is not fully spread

The Chiefs tried for 4 years to use a similar system with the same audibles and checks and failed miserably.

Most notably giving the QB the freedom to audible into a QB sneak or whatever they need to check down to in short yardage situations.

Tom Brady does not fail at that, our team did. Same concept though lol

htismaqe 01-04-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9282115)
Beat Stanford by 23 points in 2011? Beat Stanford by 21 points in 2010?

Stanford's defense this year is better.

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9282093)
What?

Worst case scenario is the experiment doesn't work, they've sold out to build for the spread, and have to completely gut the thing so that it resembles an NFL team again.

They're taking a HUGE risk.

You're assuming he's going to sell out for a pure college spread. Pittsburgh is a good example of a team built around a more NFL-oriented spread, and they didn't have too much problem adapting to Haley's new offense.

Again... if he runs a stubbornly college-oriented spread, I think Cleveland is doomed. But I'm intrigued by Kelly because I'm very curious to see what scheme he runs, and very possibly it's something nobody was expecting.

O.city 01-04-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9282149)
The league is moving to a more spread-oriented approach and teams are incorporating a ton of no-huddle, because it keeps defenses from switching personnel. Kelly's system can absolutely work. The question is if he will tweak the spread to fit the NFL.

Keep in mind that Kelly took somebody else's spread and came up with his own innovative twists, just like Monte Kiffin took the Tampa 2 and adapted it to fit the changing NFL. Interviews I've heard with Kelly indicate that he knows it could be a trendy defense and you have to adapt the scheme to the situation. From what I've heard, the guy is incredibly bright and learns very quickly, not like a copycat spread guy.

The offensive coordinator hire is going to be a big one. If he hires someone with NFL experience, that would help immensely in adapting his game. It's a risky hire, but I happen to think he's a smart guy who's going to find a really creative way to make his scheme fit the NFL.

Some are confusing up tempo with the spread. THe Pats use some parts of the spread in teh passing game.

Kelly's passing game is set up by their great running game.

O.city 01-04-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9282162)
You're assuming he's going to sell out for a pure college spread. Pittsburgh is a good example of a team built around a more NFL-oriented spread, and they didn't have too much problem adapting to Haley's new offense.

Again... if he runs a stubbornly college-oriented spread, I think Cleveland is doomed. But I'm intrigued by Kelly because I'm very curious to see what scheme he runs, and very possibly it's something nobody was expecting.

Well, IMO, if he's gonna start with running it by going with McCoy, that'd be strike 1 in my book.

Reaper16 01-04-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9282157)
Stanford's defense this year is better.

2012: 21st in yards allowed, 14th in points allowed
2011: 26th in yards allowed, 24th in points allowed
2010: 25th in yards allowed, 12th in points allowed

Statistically they were better this year. Marginally so.

Easy 6 01-04-2013 06:30 PM

Good for them, i really hope it works out, just like us... they're a fanbase that truly deserves something to get excited about.