ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Mint.com? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230151)

NewChief 07-02-2010 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 6855063)
Signed up today. Gonna take a month or two to get by budget figured out A. because I've been awful with my money for years, and B. cause I will hopefully be in a new job this week. Still, it seems pretty awesome. Rep to the OP for bringing this to my attention!

Yeah, I'm the same way. I get 3 months of paychecks all at once in June, and I don't get paid again until September. As such, my monthly cashflow is a little off. Compounded by the fact that we just got back from vacation, are working through the loan process on a renovation, and have come into a little bit of money... and things aren't exactly "routine" for budgeting in my house. I'm still going to make a go at figuring it all out next week and getting us some kind of plan go get ourselves through until my next paycheck in September.

Demonpenz 07-02-2010 10:06 AM

Guru uses it? noooo

crispystl 03-31-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 6855258)
Yeah, I'm the same way. I get 3 months of paychecks all at once in June, and I don't get paid again until September. As such, my monthly cashflow is a little off. Compounded by the fact that we just got back from vacation, are working through the loan process on a renovation, and have come into a little bit of money... and things aren't exactly "routine" for budgeting in my house. I'm still going to make a go at figuring it all out next week and getting us some kind of plan go get ourselves through until my next paycheck in September.

You can set it up to roll over your budget items. i.e you get paid bi-weekly and get 3 checks one month.

crispystl 03-31-2013 06:33 PM

Also mint.com is the best damn thing I've ever found for FREE!

R8RFAN 03-31-2013 06:36 PM

What is Debt?

Bwana 03-31-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9544301)
What is Debt?

It's that thing the boys on the hill are REALLY good at.

R8RFAN 03-31-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9544309)
It's that thing the boys on the hill are REALLY good at.

Gotcha... :thumb: Looks pretty cool

crispystl 03-31-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9544295)
You can set it up to roll over your budget items. i.e you get paid bi-weekly and get 3 checks one month.

Shit I take that back. It looks like you can only do that with expense accounts.

I was thinking about say for instance my sons day care cost a weekly fee and my wife used to budget every month for 4 weeks well that doesn't always work because some months have 5 weeks we have to pay. So I just multiplied the cost by 52 and divided by 12 and then created a budget and put in the monthly cost and chose to roll it over.

This is one really great thing about it. You can budget all of your yearly or quarterly funds monthly and choose to roll it over so your budget doesn't get f'ed once a quarter by HOA fess or whatever) I mean i could have done this on my old school excel spread sheet we used to use, but this is just way easier.

crispystl 03-31-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9544301)
What is Debt?

Well even if you're debt free this is a very useful tool. Actually dude YOU of all people would love it!

R8RFAN 03-31-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9544317)
Well even if you're debt free this is a very useful tool. Actually dude YOU of all people would love it!

It looks like a great tool, I was just trying to start some shit with my fans LMAO

007 03-31-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9544411)
It looks like a great tool, I was just trying to start some **** with my fans LMAO

Yes, he thinks everyone should create as much debt as humanly possible. :)

R8RFAN 03-31-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9544422)
Yes, he thinks everyone should create as much debt as humanly possible. :)

Yes I loves me some debt... Yum Yum

crispystl 03-31-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9544411)
It looks like a great tool, I was just trying to start some shit with my fans LMAO

Check it out dude. You can tailor it to do anything. For instance I want to start a college fund for my son. It will figure what you need a month and even (I think) recommend investments...at least it does that in some way or another for paying off debt..I was just using that as an example though. I haven't dove into it that deep yet. It will also tell you how much a month you should put away. I know you can do this all with a calculator or simple excel formula.. and trust me I HAVE! But this takes the legwork out of it and ties EVERYTHING into one nice neat website or app.

crispystl 03-31-2013 07:43 PM

Of course the tin foil hats Like my step dad will tell you " mint.com will steal you're identity" Ok dude, but using Bank of America online doesn't leave you vulnerable? Get out of here with that shit. If someone wants your identity they WILL get it. Don't get me wrong I don't believe in spreading it out I choose my battles, but this one is well worth it.

TimeForWasp 03-31-2013 07:47 PM

Just signed up. Pretty cool . rep