ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Three7s 02-12-2013 08:06 PM

So, how many games does Franshit cost the Royals this year?

KChiefs1 02-12-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9397968)
So, how many games does Franshit cost the Royals this year?

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 07:49 AM

Ha. Elliot Johnson sucks. Enjoy.

Sure-Oz 02-13-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9399010)
Ha. Elliot Johnson sucks. Enjoy.

Chris Getz on Roids, 6 HRS!!!

Prison Bitch 02-13-2013 06:07 PM

Can someone explain why Mendoza doesn't get more discussion as the 5th starter? Dayton was on Sunday Sports and I think Mendoza was about the fourth guy he mentioned as a possibility. Obviously they will go with golden boy Hochevar until they can't, but I thought Mendoza pitched really well. HIs peripherals were no different from his actual ERA so he wasn't lucky, and 25 starts with a 4.30 FIP is damn good in the A.L. and better than Luke or Santana or Guthrie's best year. Just named MVP of the Caribbean WS too with 13 scoreless innings.

Can someone explain it?

BlackHelicopters 02-13-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9400783)
Can someone explain why Mendoza doesn't get more discussion as the 5th starter? Dayton was on Sunday Sports and I think Mendoza was about the fourth guy he mentioned as a possibility. Obviously they will go with golden boy Hochevar until they can't, but I thought Mendoza pitched really well. HIs peripherals were no different from his actual ERA so he wasn't lucky, and 25 starts with a 4.30 FIP is damn good in the A.L. and better than Luke or Santana or Guthrie's best year. Just named MVP of the Caribbean WS too with 13 scoreless innings.

Can someone explain it?

Even to us faithful, we now know GMDM is an idiot.

Prison Bitch 02-13-2013 06:12 PM

Well, he was smart enough to pick up Mendoza and smart enough to give him 25 starts, even if it was by accident. I guess I don't see why he wouldn't see the value in what Mendoza gave him last year or see his performance this month as proof he's a very good option.

ImAWalkingCorpse 02-13-2013 06:25 PM

Hey has anyone seen the Spring Training Royals hats yet?

sedated 02-13-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Can someone explain it?

Trying to be play devil's advocate here, but Hoch cant pitch out of the stretch and falls apart when guys get on base - not exactly the perfect bullpen guy.

Mendoza is better, but his versatility is kind of his downfall.

KCUnited 02-13-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9400822)
Hey has anyone seen the Spring Training Royals hats yet?

I like them.

stonedstooge 02-13-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Can someone explain it?

He had to fight his way into the lineup last year. Maybe that's what he does best?

Bambi 02-13-2013 09:40 PM

Actual 2013 Slogan: TBD

That is perfect.

mr. tegu 02-13-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9400906)
Trying to be play devil's advocate here, but Hoch cant pitch out of the stretch and falls apart when guys get on base - not exactly the perfect bullpen guy.

Mendoza is better, but his versatility is kind of his downfall.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Mendoza is an excellent long reliever and spot starter. He is probably also more adapt than Hoch with an irregular pitching schedule.

TLO 02-13-2013 11:27 PM

Hoch sucks. He should be replaced by Mendoza or any other pitcher. Don't care who. Just say no to Hoch

DeezNutz 02-13-2013 11:50 PM

It's funny that we even have to continue to discuss an historically bad starting pitcher. Hoch is obviously a statistical abomination, and, to me, he doesn't even pass the eye test. His stuff can be a tick above average, but he lacks a true out pitch. I firmly believe that his breaking stuff isn't plus, and I've always held this view.