ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Sporting Kansas City extends contract for manager and technical director Peter Vermes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274737)

|Zach| 07-23-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9829492)
If I came to y'all's house and smeared shit on y'all's wall, y'all probably wouldn't appreciate it very much, would y'all?

Hopefully ya'll will find this reply to sociologically fascinating. :whackit:

Just because you are here night and day doesn't make it your house.

mr. tegu 07-23-2013 01:30 PM

The vitriol is pretty funny in this thread.

blaise 07-23-2013 01:30 PM

I'm sure MLS games in person are fun, but on TV I have a hard time staying interested.
I try watching FC Dallas sometimes - I've probably watched 4 complete games this year, but after you watch some of the international games on TV it's kind of like, "Oh," when you watch MLS. The passes aren't as good, they seem to just go out of bounds way more, and the guys don't seem to field passes nearly as well, and so it cuts down on some of the really cool plays and volleys you see in European league games.
Still, I think it's a good product and it's certainly not going away. I just think they have a long way to go. Maybe it's just unrealistic to expect the MLS will ever reach the level of those other leagues and I should appreciate that it's a viable league.

I think it's like the NHL - people really like it in person but on TV it isn't as entertaining.

Frazod 07-23-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9829502)
Just because you are here night and day doesn't make it your house.

LMAO I love when you take these little pot shots at my post count while ignoring your own. All while forgetting that I'm not the single 20-something who should have some semblance of a social life in the real world but apparently doesn't part of this dialogue.

I guess romancing your hand doesn't require much time or effort, does it?

|Zach| 07-23-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9829515)
I'm sure MLS games in person are fun, but on TV I have a hard time staying interested.
I try watching FC Dallas sometimes - I've probably watched 4 complete games this year, but after you watch some of the international games on TV it's kind of like, "Oh," when you watch MLS. The passes aren't as good, they seem to just go out of bounds way more, and the guys don't seem to field passes nearly as well, and so it cuts down on some of the really cool plays and volleys you see in European league games.
Still, I think it's a good product and it's certainly not going away. I just think they have a long way to go. Maybe it's just unrealistic to expect the MLS will ever reach the level of those other leagues and I should appreciate that it's a viable league.

I think it's like the NHL - people really like it in person but on TV it isn't as entertaining.

Ever reach that higher level? I think they will get there...10 years or more. However for a league that was *created* in 1996 they have shown well for themselves especially considering they were doing it wrong for about 10 years. in 07 a corner really turned as far as quality of play goes and it keeps getting higher.

In regards to the TV comment...that is completely fair though I think it is a matter of the matchups. There are some teams...and markets that are not so great and it makes for lousy TV but the games between top teams are more often than not quite good. SKC, Portland, LA, Seattle to a lesser extent Dallas, NY, RSL, and MTL.

RSL and SKC just played a game that was pretty much insane. Physical...hostile environment guys going at it with goals and last min heartbreak. Kansas City absolutely put the dagger in them at the brink.

This happened in the first 10 seconds of the game.

https://i.minus.com/ibiEavDp8T2aBz.gif

This was the winning goal...almost caused a riot. LMAO

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xXzVuqLLaFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For you in Dallas they play an attractive brand of soccer so that is good but if they are playing a blah team...yea it can be blah.

|Zach| 07-23-2013 01:42 PM

I was actually in Dallas last month for the Kansas City \ FC Dallas game. Lets just say...it started better than it ended. Dallas had some last min magic that left the traveling supporters pretty stunned.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O5t2uMVWzvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 07-23-2013 01:42 PM

I wonder if Boxxxy likes soccer? I'll bet she does.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...6mido1_500.gif

blaise 07-23-2013 01:49 PM

The SKC Dallas game was one I watched. It was pretty good. Seems to me that that's how Dallas gets most of their goals (at least in games I watch) off of corner kicks. More than other teams. I feel like I seldom see a play when they successfully move the ball down the field and shoot and score. They don't strike me as all that creative with the ball.
I like the goalie but really most of the players don't seem long on personality.

|Zach| 07-23-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9829557)
The SKC Dallas game was one I watched. It was pretty good. Seems to me that that's how Dallas gets most of their goals (at least in games I watch) off of corner kicks. More than other teams. I feel like I seldom see a play when they successfully move the ball down the field and shoot and score. They don't strike me as all that creative with the ball.
I like the goalie but really most of the players don't seem long on personality.

They are sort of mad dickish. But talented. LMAO

the Talking Can 07-23-2013 02:10 PM

can only dream of the Chiefs being owned by people who care as much about winning as Sporting KC...

mikey23545 07-23-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9829541)
I was actually in Dallas last month for the Kansas City \ FC Dallas game. Lets just say...it started better than it ended. Dallas had some last min magic that left the traveling supporters pretty stunned.

They still got a participation ribbon. Quit whining.

memyselfI 07-23-2013 02:15 PM

Not a fan and remain convinced he won't get us the big one. But as long as we are in the hunt I'm good...for now.

Titty Meat 07-23-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9829525)
LMAO I love when you take these little pot shots at my post count while ignoring your own. All while forgetting that I'm not the single 20-something who should have some semblance of a social life in the real world but apparently doesn't part of this dialogue.

I guess romancing your hand doesn't require much time or effort, does it?

Remember when someone announced they were leaving the board forever only to be reincarnated as a foot fairy

mr. tegu 07-23-2013 02:30 PM

Soccer would be infinitely better if they got rid of two simple rules - the offsides and ties without a shootout.

jettio 07-23-2013 02:41 PM

Both Sporting KC threads on the front page of the board that are not in the main Sporting KC thread are definitely worthy of their own thread.

Contract extension for the most popular manager in team history.

Very favorable article in a national newspaper.

Instead of complaining about Zach mucking up the board by starting threads , how about show enough class to not muck up a good thread with stupid complaints?

How about spend your time in threads on topics that you are intetrested in?

I thought I would never endorse Herm Edwards, but I think he could be an excellent counselor to the posters who can't help but post complaints into threads because they are not that interested in the topic. I think if you were to explain your problem to Herm, he could quickly come up with some straight forward advice that would point you in the right direction.