ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Croyle better have a good game in Miami (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189224)

milkman 08-16-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 4920968)
Roethlisberger was the definition of a game manager. I don't think he is now... but it took him a couple years to reach that point. His first couple years... that team was 1st in rushing attempts and dead last in passing attempts. They used their rushing attack and offensive line to protect him, and he just didn't have to throw the game away.

To his credit, the playoffs came around that 2nd year... and then when everybody was expecting Steeler ball, Cowher turned him loose a bit, and passed to open up the run to finish them off.

I think the term "Franchise QB" gets thrown around too much.

Roethlisberger is a game manager still, a talented one, but a game manager nonetheless.

PastorMikH 08-16-2008 10:18 PM

Another interesting comparison...

Peyton Manning's first year....

W/L 3-13
326 of 575 for 56.7% completions and 3739 yards
26 tds 28 ints
71.2 QB rating

Compared to Brodie's first season starting, he was on about the same pace as Peyton had in his first season minus the 3 Ws

I'm not saying Brodie will turn into the stud that Peyton has. But I do think that it's a little early to give up on him.

milkman 08-16-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 4920991)
Even if Croyle has "it", like milkman stated, it won't happen here, not under Carl or the fans.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I think he has some tools to work with, but I'm not saying he has "it".

I'm saying it's far too early in his development to know, and anyone that says they know is full of shit.

PastorMikH 08-16-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 4920989)
I posted the same stats and they were ignored, so I'm thinking it won't make a difference. ;)

So!

:)

(This thread isn't worth reading the back pages to find out what's been posted).

:D

Chiefs Pantalones 08-16-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4921002)
Don't put words in my mouth.

I think he has some tools to work with, but I'm not saying he has "it".

I'm saying it'e dar too early in his development to know, and anyone that sats they know is full of shit.

lol no I'm not saying you said he had "it", I'm saying you're right in that it even if he does, it won't happen here cuz the fans and Carl.

I'm sorry for putting internet words into your mouth.

Bearcat 08-16-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH (Post 4921003)
So!

:)

(This thread isn't worth reading the back pages to find out what's been posted).

:D

It was like 5 posts before you, but no harm done. :)

Then again, I have 80 posts per page, so nothing is on the 'back page'. :D

None of it really matters... all of the stats have been compared, and he's right there with most quarterbacks that are worth being compared against. But different people see different things, get good/bad feelings, whatever. A lot of Giants fans hated Eli Manning until he won the Super Bowl, and I'm sure some kept giving him the benefit of the doubt.

If Croyle has Eli-like seasons for the next 3 years, it'll be the same around here... the majority will hate him until the team around him is good enough to win a SB.

dirk digler 08-16-2008 10:37 PM

Just got home from the game and my impressions were the very few opportunities that Croyle had there seemed to be some mis communication on at least 2-3 throws.

The one long he missed on was because he was about to get drilled and had to let it fly a little early

Mecca 08-16-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH (Post 4920860)
We will NEVER develop a top-tiered QB until the fans and organization learn to be patient and give a guy some time to develop.

Maybe Croyle makes it, maybe he doesn't. But if he doesn't here, I'd like to make sure he doesn't have what it takes rather than see him sign for someone like Denver and light us up for the 10 years.

That's a mixture.....you have to know when it's time to move on aswell. You don't wanna be here 4 years later going "well Brodie Croyle needs more time"

DeezNutz 08-16-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4921030)
Just got home from the game and my impressions were the very few opportunities that Croyle had there seemed to be some mis communication on at least 2-3 throws.

The one long he missed on was because he was about to get drilled and had to let it fly a little early

Clearly my evaluative skills are better because I was watching on tv and posting on the Internet.

beach tribe 08-16-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 4920794)
I'd take my chances at competing to win Super Bowls with guys like Favre, or Manning, or Brady. I'd take my chances at winning ONLY playoff games, and that's it, with guys like Grbac, DeBerg, etc.

Game managers don't win Super Bowls. Eli Manning is not a game manager either, I don't care what people say.

Herm is trying to build this team in the image of the Bucs. They won a SB, with a game manager.

Mecca 08-16-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 4921041)
Herm is trying to build this team in the image of the Bucs. They won a SB, with a game manager.

When they changed head coaches to a coach that was offensive minded...

Smed1065 08-16-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4920965)
It's funny, it took people 15 years or more to finally realize Carl at GM was a problem.

Marty had 10 years at HC, and people still think he was the answer.

But Croyle has had all of 6 starts at QB, and people are ready to throw him under the bus.

It's really kind of mind boggling.

How long was the chin a HC before he "proved" he was a SB winner?

FAX 08-16-2008 10:52 PM

I missed the game. How did Croyle look?

FAX

beach tribe 08-16-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4921065)
When they changed head coaches to a coach that was offensive minded...

Umm. I don't remember the conversation being about coaches. It was about QBs.

Mecca 08-16-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 4921084)
Umm. I don't remember the conversation being about coaches. It was about QBs.

Ok that's great I was just sayin it took a change in the philosophy for that team to get over the top because Dungy's wasn't working.