ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 10 NFL Backups better than Cassel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266668)

Sorter 11-15-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 9122326)
I may take some shit for saying it but I would take T.J. Yates over Cassel.

WHy would you think you would get shit for that?

TJ won a playoff game as a 5th round pick. He's legit.

mcaj22 11-15-2012 10:37 PM

guys like Colin Kaepernick, Chase Daniel, Ryan Mallet, etc are definitely better than Cassel

durtyrute 11-15-2012 10:41 PM

There aren't too many number two's that are worse than Cassel.

Sorter 11-15-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9122336)
guys like Colin Kaepernick, Chase Daniel, Ryan Mallet, etc are definitely better than Cassel

Brian Hoyer is probably better than Cassel.

That is just sad.

listopencil 11-16-2012 12:55 AM

Can you guys name 10 back up QB's that are worse than Mark Asshole?

listopencil 11-16-2012 12:56 AM

Has to be a #2 QB, not #3 or Practice Squad.

RealSNR 11-16-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9122484)
Can you guys name 10 back up QB's that are worse than Mark Asshole?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266668

Phobia 11-16-2012 01:01 AM

I'm an old man. I don't think I'm an NFL QB. I would get destroyed. But I guarantee I could hit our wide receivers in stride given 20 minutes to warm up with them and get some timing.

BoneKrusher 11-16-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9122117)
According to this place Brady Quinn and Tyler Palko were better too. The only ones on that list that are better are: Orton, Moore, and possibly Flynn.

i'd throw Shaun Hill in there a s well.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-16-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9122117)
According to this place Brady Quinn and Tyler Palko were better too. The only ones on that list that are better are: Orton, Moore, and possibly Flynn.

Tebow is better than Matt Cassel. No ****ing doubt about it. Wobble ball and all, he still makes better throws, and his legs put him head and shoulders above Matty Turnover.

COchief 11-16-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9122491)
I'm an old man. I don't think I'm an NFL QB. I would get destroyed. But I guarantee I could hit our wide receivers in stride given 20 minutes to warm up with them and get some timing.

Wanna make a bet I can throw this football over them mountains...

Woodchuck 11-16-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9122092)
this game blows, so I was talking to my buddy - Cassel's certainly backup material, but still mediocre. Then I got to thinking of backups who are better than #7 for KC. Off the top of my head, I threw out :

Shaun Hill, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Matt Flynn, Charlie Whitehurst, Tim Tebow*, Chad Henne, Matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell

Meh... I know we hate him but I don't think so.

I would say Tebow, Orton, Campbell, Batch, and maybe Moore.

The other guys really really sucked as starters and I bet all of their fans would have rather had Matt.

Predarat 11-16-2012 07:56 AM

Matt hAssHolebeck

rabblerouser 11-16-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9122591)
Tebow is better than Matt Cassel. No ****ing doubt about it. Wobble ball and all, he still makes better throws, and his legs put him head and shoulders above Matty Turnover.

Sure - he has a better winning percentage then Cassel.

rabblerouser 11-16-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9122319)
I wouldn't call 2010 a good year. The only stat he produced that was good was his TD:INT ratio. And while that's an important one, you can't be a sub-60% completion passer with a horrific YPA average and expect to skate by in this league. All that will do is let you win easy games (Chiefs had a lot of those on their schedule).

He didn't even show up in the playoff loss to Baltimore. That's when game manager QBs do what they're supposed to do. That's when they protect the football, don't allow their team to lose the field position battle, and make just enough good plays to give the team's defense a chance to win the game.

He's been nothing but a liability to this team ever since he got to town. He's not the only one, but he's a pretty ****ing big one. The Chiefs probably would have won a playoff game by now if Cassel didn't suck even half the hippo diarrhea that he does.

Whatever. I'm not complaining. Ironically, the giant albatross he's been to this team for this long will be the most important thing that frees this franchise up to finally draft a franchise QB.

can't argue with a word of this ^