ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Joe Flacco admits that he's a wimp who doesn't appreciate football. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269444)

htismaqe 01-29-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9362052)
Just trying to think of other options. IMO not having a true home crowd takes something away from the game. It's just a bunch of fat cats having tea and crumpets. I want some upperdeck rowdies. All the bells and whistles that go with the game can die in a fire.

Those days are long gone, my friend.

This is bidness, as they say.

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362173)
Those days are long gone, my friend.

This is bidness, as they say.

Just let a boy dream.

Setsuna 01-29-2013 02:39 PM

Jacksonville was not a disaster you all just assume the gates of Hell are there and can't say anything good about the city. It's stupid really.

dirk digler 01-29-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9362091)
As a fan, I agree with you. However, Roger Goodell is not a fan. Roger Goodell is a businessman whose goal is to maximize profit.

It really is up to the owners if that wanted to spread it around to every team they could. But they don't want to and I don't understand why.

GloryDayz 01-29-2013 03:22 PM

This sissy is an out-right pussy! **** him! Real fans like the elements and all the challenges they bring! Those who don't should shut the **** up and enjoy the awesomenees of some other indoor sport. I hope he knows MOST fans actually love to watch a game in the rain/snow/sleet. What's next, is he going to pussy out of night games because it's past his bed time?

As for the super bowl, he might be right, BECAUSE NOT MANY TRUE FOOTBALL FANS ARE THERE! Mainly useless corporate types with way too much money and time on their hands. THAT'S why they say "Super Bowl week is about a lot more than the game." No it's not!

What a dick!

MahiMike 01-29-2013 03:38 PM

Joe Flacco is the new Joe Montana and above reproach. Anything he says is ok.

mlyonsd 01-29-2013 03:52 PM

That settles it, I'm rooting for the niners.

mikey23545 01-29-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9361242)
At least, that's my reading of his statement.

What kind of nation have we become? Football players, who by tradition are the manliest of men, now are afraid to play outside because it's cold? BECAUSE IT'S COLD? This is an insult to anyone who ever watched the film of Bob Lilly and Jethro Pugh kicking the frozen turf to get a foothold. It's an insult to anyone who saw Derrick Thomas sitting in the deluge in Arrowhead Stadium against Seattle. It's an insult to anyone who didn't quite see the fog game in Chicago.

Football is an outdoor sport. It's an OUTDOOR sport. Mud and snow and grass are part of the game. If you want an inside job, Joe Flacco, I would recommend that you put your physical education degree to use and get a job in some office somewhere.

Geezle beezle, it's no wonder we lost Vietnam.

One of the most iconic visuals in the history of football.

FlaChief58 01-29-2013 04:02 PM

I'm all for the game being played no matter what the weather. Every city should get the opportunity to host a SB

Maybe they should follow baseball's lead and use the pro bowl to decide which division hosts the SB the following year. If the pro bowl meant something, it would be worth watching.

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9362407)
I'm all for the game being played no matter what the weather. Every city should get the opportunity to host a SB

Maybe they should follow baseball's lead and use the pro bowl to decide which division hosts the SB the following year. If the pro bowl meant something, it would be worth watching.

I thought about that, but is Derrick Johnson going to put his career on the line so the Broncos or Raiders can host a superbowl? I'd think he might throw the game instead.

FlaChief58 01-29-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9362442)
I thought about that, but is Derrick Johnson going to put his career on the line so the Broncos or Raiders can host a superbowl? I'd think he might throw the game instead.

That's the beauty of it, since they would be playing for the following year, no one knows who is in the game

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9362407)

Would never work. Super Bowls are planned more than 3 years in advance.

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9362452)
That's the beauty of it, since they would be playing for the following year, no one knows who is in the game

I gotcha, but I'm still not sure you're going to get players to risk injury and cost themselves millions on the slim chance they make the SB the following year.

FlaChief58 01-29-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9362464)
Would never work. Super Bowls are planned more than 3 years in advance.

I thought about that too & realize it would'nt be easy but, if baseball can get 2 cities ready, I think the NFL could get 1 ready.

Thig Lyfe 01-29-2013 04:34 PM

ALL Super Bowls should be played in cold weather. Preferably with snow.