ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's Halfway Point 2013 Chiefs Mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266193)

Saccopoo 11-05-2012 11:18 AM

Sac's Latest Mock

Since we don't have any announced trades as of yet, and Dorsey has said he'll draft the best player available, here's the most recent incarnation of my mock:

1. Geno Smith, QB; West Virginia: 6'3", 220 lbs.

- Yeah, they traded for Alex Smith. But he's 29 years old and coming off of a concussion injury. Alex represents the best potential starting QB for the Chiefs in 2013 prior to the draft. Which is what Dorsey/Reid have tried to accomplish in free agency - setting the Chiefs up with the potential for winning right out of the gate. However, there also has to be long term potential at the QB position. As well, Dorsey has stated he'll take the best player available. That guy is Geno.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/G...87OMGQoD6l.jpg

3. Phillip Thomas, FS; Fresno State: 6'1", 210 lbs.

- Thomas was the only non-BCS player to make all five official First Team All-American lists after the 2012 season after posting other-worldly numbers for the Bulldogs. Incredibly instinctive with a high football IQ, Thomas is superb in the open field showing excellent feet and hips, as well as going after ball carriers with authority.

http://d3vs4613l1445x.cloudfront.net...abacc9262c.jpg

3. John Simon, DE/OLB; Ohio State: 6'1", 257 lbs.

- John Simon is an absolute animal. Relentless. He's the terminator - he never stops, never quits. He's strong like bull and is thickly muscled. The best pass rusher on the Buckeyes squad for the past two years leading them in both sacks and tackles for loss. A former five star prep recruit, Simon does not know any other speed than full tilt relentless destruction. Think of linebackers like Bill Romanowski - that's how this kid plays.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2011/0701/n...mon_ps_400.jpg

4. Joe Kruger, DE/DT; Utah: 6'7", 280 lbs.

- The younger brother of Ravens DE/LB Paul, Joe is a physically bigger version of him. A workout warrior with a nose for the ball and a nasty streak, he'll play through the whistle. Led the Utes in sacks in 2012. Big frame and good athleticism. Anyone wanting SMU's Margus Hunt, this is a more polished, more experienced version that's been well coached and played against top level competition. Plays a lot like current Denver Bronco Derek Wolfe.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...e74zo1_500.jpg

5. Kevin Reddick, ILB; North Carolina: 6'2", 245 lbs.

- Downgraded by some scouts/draftniks saying that he ran "hot and cold," however, from what I've seen, he's very instinctive and was able to find the ball/play through traffic. Shed blocks extremely well in addition to being able to fight through them. Pretty impressed with Reddick at this point.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...01/6706678.jpg

6. Ricky Wagner, OT; Wisconsin: 6'6", 310 lbs.

- A former prep basketball star, he ended up playing both sides of the offensive line and was named First Team All-Conference his senior year. Experienced and from a system that consistently puts out quality pro prospects. Has the athletic ability to play either side of the line in a pinch, but should be a natural right tackle at that next level.

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/wis/blo...y_IND_2011.jpg

6. Jeff Baca, OG; UCLA: 6'4", 305 lbs.

- Agressive and physical, Baca started his career at offensive tackle and moved inside for his junior and senior year. Has also filled in at center. Second team All-Conference and was voted most outstanding senior on offense by his Bruin teammates.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1358525962

7. Rex Burkhead, RB; Nebraska: 5'10", 215 lbs.

- Excellent hands and a crafty first step, Burkhead is a multi-dimensional threat. Plays hard and tough - will immediately contribute on special teams and has potential as a third down back or fullback.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedi...-69565-mid.jpg

Bewbies 11-05-2012 05:01 PM

This draft is an A+ if Pioli isn't here. :)

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2012 08:18 PM

I would switch Barkley for Geno, but the first 3 are spot on who I would take. I hope Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky declares. He is a beast of a middle linebacker.

Sorter 11-05-2012 10:24 PM

I expect Washington to rise a bit.

jd1020 11-06-2012 07:34 AM

I can't believe you don't have us drafting an OL, especially with Albert having 1 foot out the door.

Someone hacked this dudes account.

Saccopoo 11-06-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9089604)
I can't believe you don't have us drafting an OL, especially with Albert having 1 foot out the door.

Someone hacked this dudes account.

Unless someone offers Albert an insane contract, I'd be pissed if they don't resign him. After watching him suck dog nuts for three years, he's finally putting together a decent season and with a real QB I think he'd be even better. He's ingrained himself into the position, is at the peak years of his career and is finally playing at an acceptable level. No, keeping Albert is rather important at this point, moreso than either Dorsey or Bowe. However, I don't want to see him franchised either. Paying him top five money for the position would be silly. The Chiefs are almost stuck in a hard spot with Albert contractually.

Woodchuck 11-06-2012 03:51 PM

Not bad dude. I really like Lester. No complaints here.

Saccopoo 11-06-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9091387)
Not bad dude. I really like Lester. No complaints here.

Your best post ever.

:clap:

RippedmyFlesh 11-08-2012 09:59 PM

Ryan is better than any qb the chiefs could put out there let alone Geno.
I would love to go forward with those 2.

Nightfyre 11-08-2012 11:28 PM

I like this draft.

BossChief 11-09-2012 01:13 AM

I like this mock.

AussieChiefsFan 11-09-2012 01:29 AM

Not bad at all. Would like one of those WRs from WV too to go with Geno.

Nightfyre 11-10-2012 02:37 PM

I think this team has plenty of talent at WR, personally.

BryanBusby 11-16-2012 03:50 AM

I'm not sure where this powerful arm talk of Nassib comes from. I still do like him as a project QB though.

spanky 52 11-17-2012 06:38 AM

Really like the first four picks. We have no depth at center/guard. What about Uzzi of GT in the fourth?

Saccopoo 11-18-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9124614)
Really like the first four picks. We have no depth at center/guard. What about Uzzi of GT in the fourth?

I'm not spending a draft pick on a backup guard/center. That's what free agency is for.

Saccopoo 12-09-2012 03:30 PM

Stats for the 2012 season:

Geno Smith
350/490
71.4% completion
4004 yards
40 TDs
6 Ints
164.6 Rating

David Amerson
45 Tackles
5 Ints
1 TD
11 Passes Defensed

Robert Lester
42 Tackles
4 Ints
1.5 Sacks
3 Passes Defensed

Shane Skov
72 Tackles
2.5 Sacks
8 Tackles for Loss

Ryan Nassib
283/448
63.8% Completion
3619 Yards
24 TDs
9 Ints
144.69 Rating

Cornelius Washington
22 Tackles
3 Tackles for Loss
.5 Sacks
1 Pass Defensed

Michael Williams
21 Receptions
166 Yards
3 TDs

Nigel Malone
5 Ints
47 Tackles
8 Passes Defensed
1 Forced Fumble

Right now, I'm thinking that Washington has all the physical tools but just can't play the game. Will look for another rush end in that round, but I still like the rest of the picks/players.

O.city 12-09-2012 11:09 PM

I'm not sold on Lester, he was abused the times I watched them this year.

Besides, I think Berry a year removed from the ACL, is fine at SS. We need a FS back there.

Saccopoo 12-15-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9195499)
I'm not sold on Lester, he was abused the times I watched them this year.

Besides, I think Berry a year removed from the ACL, is fine at SS. We need a FS back there.

Lester is a hell of a player. You don't start for Alabama for three straight years because you can't play.

Berry is starting to worry me. While everyone thinks that he should be moved over to free safety (including me when I originally put this mock up) I'm beginning to think that he doesn't have the ball skills to play the free safety position at this level. He is routinely losing tight ends in coverage. However, he's been a terror at coming up in the box from Day 1. I really think that he should be used as the strong safety versus free safety, particularly if we go to a more modernized defense once Crennel and Pioli get canned after this season.

A lot of people don't know him because he plays out West at Fresno State, but Phillip Thomas is, IMO, the best safety at the college level. He recently got named to everybody's first team AA (AP, Walter, Sporting News, etc.) and is incredibly instinctive. Has basically been a one man wrecking crew for the Bulldogs in 2012. In fact, I think I'm changing the mock right now to Thomas instead of Lester due to the fact that Thomas is a natural in the pass game with the size to effectively play the run.

O.city 12-15-2012 04:02 PM

I like Thomas alot.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Reid fall into the second, in which I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

Saccopoo 12-15-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9210891)
I like Thomas alot.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Reid fall into the second, in which I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

I still wouldn't take Reid over Amerson though.

And I still have high hopes for Jalil Brown. He is constantly flashing in games, but hasn't put it all together. I'm thinking that a change of coaching staff is going to do a lot of players on this roster a world of good.

Nightfyre 12-15-2012 07:27 PM

So tank Carradine is a first round pick if he comes out. Just saying.

O.city 12-18-2012 12:13 PM

Sac, waht are your thoughts on Kevin Minter and Gholston from MSU?

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221176)
Sac, waht are your thoughts on Kevin Minter and Gholston from MSU?

Gholston is just a guy and I don't think he'll be a very good 34 defensive end. They really should have drafted Brockers last year.

Minter is a load, but I'm not sure if that's because there is just so much talent at LSU that he gets to clean up after/through the rest of the guys or that he's just that good. His numbers this year were, with the exception of the interceptions, better than Te'o's, and he did stand out during the games, though not as much as Mingo did - at least to me.

He's going to be a second rounder at worst, and he's probably more suited to play the middle in a 43 versus a Mike position in a 34.

I'd rather have Skov in the third versus Minter in the second as Skov is as good a run plugger as he is a pass rusher and coverage guy. You could plug him in next to DJ and get terrific run support from him as well as not lose anything anywhere else.

O.city 12-18-2012 04:52 PM

I like Minte, but would he not play the TED?

O.city 12-18-2012 04:53 PM

And I'm just not sold on Mingo.

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9222162)
I like Minte, but would he not play the TED?

Terminology.

In a 34, the SAM is your strong side outside linebacker, the WILL is your coverage inside linebacker, the MIKE is your QB/run middle linebacker and the JACK is your dedicated pass rush end linebacker.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9222165)
And I'm just not sold on Mingo.

He's raw, but he's the guy that really jumps when you watch that defense. He's a lot of hustle and keeps the motor going. Big, long and athletic. He's got a huge ceiling. Reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith.

O.city 12-18-2012 05:57 PM

I don't see Mingo in the 34, though.

Sorter 12-18-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9222246)
He's raw, but he's the guy that really jumps when you watch that defense. He's a lot of hustle and keeps the motor going. Big, long and athletic. He's got a huge ceiling. Reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith.

I'm sad because I haven't even broken down the top tier guys at OLB/DE because of our QBs. Lucky for me I have a month to rectify this. :)

Saccopoo 12-24-2012 03:00 PM

Newly modified reflecting the need for better wideouts to support Geno.

BryanBusby 12-24-2012 05:11 PM

Liking the mock sac except for one thing. I think David Amerson is a better fit at safety, so the Chiefs would still need a corner. Put a corner in for their 3rd round pick and I'd be liking this thing fo sho.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9222284)
I don't see Mingo in the 34, though.

Mingo is a better fit as a OLB in the 3-4 than a 4-3 DE.

jd1020 12-24-2012 06:12 PM

I was looking at 2nd level QBs to draft later and looked at that Sorensen kid.

There's one video up on youtube of him and he looked a lot like Lindley going something like 12/30 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Then you look at his stats and he's gotten worse every year.

I'd rather draft a 2nd QB in the 3rd and get Murray, Jones, Manuel, or Dysert.

Nightfyre 12-24-2012 07:35 PM

I like the idea of taking a flyer on someone like Logan Thomas with tools you can dream on. But I also really like Dysert. This obsession of mine with QBs is getting a little unhealthy, I think.

Saccopoo 12-25-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9239177)
Liking the mock sac except for one thing. I think David Amerson is a better fit at safety, so the Chiefs would still need a corner. Put a corner in for their 3rd round pick and I'd be liking this thing fo sho.

If we were talking about Florida State's Xavier Rhodes, I'd agree, but I think that Amerson can play the #2 CB spot at the next level very effectively. Great ball skills and great size and he is very good at press coverage.

I think he'd fit in quite well opposite of Flowers.

Sorter 12-25-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9239947)
If we were talking about Florida State's Xavier Rhodes, I'd agree, but I think that Amerson can play the #2 CB spot at the next level very effectively. Great ball skills and great size and he is very good at press coverage.

I think he'd fit in quite well opposite of Flowers.

Sign me up for this.

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9239262)
I was looking at 2nd level QBs to draft later and looked at that Sorensen kid.

There's one video up on youtube of him and he looked a lot like Lindley going something like 12/30 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Then you look at his stats and he's gotten worse every year.

I'd rather draft a 2nd QB in the 3rd and get Murray, Jones, Manuel, or Dysert.

I like Jones. Manuel as well.

I just don't know if you can take another guy as high as the third round at this point. The Chiefs are going to need a MLB and safety and that's the round where there is some really, really good talent sitting there for those two positions.

If we could get players like Skov and Thomas, who should be immediate starters at MLB and FS on this team, then you have got to take them versus a backup at QB. 5th or 6th round I'd spend on another QB if Smith is taken in the first.

jd1020 12-29-2012 02:14 AM

I'm sure there is someone that can be found later in the draft to play safety.

Chiefs have 3 openings at QB and I'd rather not waste a pick on a Lindleyesque QB.

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9247844)
I'm sure there is someone that can be found later in the draft to play safety.

Chiefs have 3 openings at QB and I'd rather not waste a pick on a Lindleyesque QB.

I'm sure there is. A Lindleyesque level safety.

Thomas is an All-American. McDonald and Rambo are very solid. It gets a little iffy after that. If either of those guys are there in the third, you definitely take them over a backup at QB. That's what free agency is for - getting a vet who knows the league and can fill in and do an okay job when required.

Wasting a third round pick on a backup is wasting a pick when you can get a starter at a position of need.

The Chiefs need starters at the following out of this draft:

1. Quarterback
2. Cornerback
3. Free Safety
4. Middle Linebacker

Everything else is filler/special teams/backup.

If they get the compensation for Carr and it's a third rounder as expected, they can get all of this by round three and all of them can be high level guys. (See above.)

jd1020 12-29-2012 03:56 AM

I guess I'm not worried about drafting a FS. Ya, we "need" a FS but its not some pressing need. The defense will be just fine and dandy with a quality #2 CB and a replacement for Belcher.

On the other hand we have an all time terrible offense because of 1 position. I'm not ready to throw all of the eggs in 1 basket. Geno wouldn't be the first highly touted QB to bust, if he were to bust, meanwhile a 2nd tier "Russell Wilson" could have been had but we passed on because we drafted Geno. Give me 2 QBs and a FA vet like Campbell or Moore. Won't see me crying over a S if we have a "problem" like the Redskins.

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9247912)
I guess I'm not worried about drafting a FS. Ya, we "need" a FS but its not some pressing need. The defense will be just fine and dandy with a quality #2 CB and a replacement for Belcher.

It wasn't so long ago that this entire board was going nuts because of guys like Mike Brown and Sabby Piscatelli. When Jon McGraw was our best safety.

It's a pass first league and the safety position has become substantially more important to the defense than it was in the past. And it's a hard position to fill. You've got to have guys stout enough to play 265 lbs. tight ends and fast enough to cover wideouts and fast running backs.

At this point, to get an NFL starting level safety, you've got to go earlier rather than later in the draft.

And while I really like Kendrick Lewis and his ball skills, I don't know if he's ever going to be healthy at this point. The shoulder is perpetually tweaked and it's kept him off the field the past two seasons. They need a new guy at free safety and between the three guys - Thomas, McDonald and Rambo, they can get a top flight prospect with that third round pick.

That has to be a better option than some guy who is going to end up holding a clipboard the majority of his career.

Quote:

On the other hand we have an all time terrible offense because of 1 position. I'm not ready to throw all of the eggs in 1 basket. Geno wouldn't be the first highly touted QB to bust, if he were to bust, meanwhile a 2nd tier "Russell Wilson" could have been had but we passed on because we drafted Geno. Give me 2 QBs and a FA vet like Campbell or Moore. Won't see me crying over a S if we have a "problem" like the Redskins.
They almost are forced to take two QB's in this draft. However, if you draft Geno (and there are no guarantees ever with any player) overall #1, you are going to play him. He'll struggle at times, just like the vast majority of rookie QB's, but you've got to play him. Get him accustomed to the speed of the game and let him grow. The only way you don't play him is if he gets injured. And if that's the case you want a solid veteran backup to come in and carry the team versus playing yet another rookie, whose also going to be forced to have those growing pains.

That's why, IMO, you take a late round flyer on a guy who has the potential versus starter level material.

A guy like Sorensen (who I have above) or Duke's Sean Renfree, who both have the size, arm and poise for the next level, but will need repetitions in an NFL practice setting to become acclimated to the speed.

I think that they should make an effort to pick up Jason Campbell, who's the best of the free agent QB's in 2013 and is markedly better than either Cassel or Quinn, and snag either Renfree or Sorensen in the 5/6 range.

Geno Smith
Jason Campbell
Brad Sorensen

is a pretty nice QB situation in 2013 after having to endure Cassel and Quinn in 2012.

Sorter 12-29-2012 05:25 PM

Officially nom-nom-nom'd at your updates.

Additionally, you can expect probably 2 more late comp picks, IIRC

the Talking Can 12-31-2012 04:23 PM

so, as a hypothetical, let's say the Chiefs aren't going to draft smith (for whatever reason)....how would that change your draft...or how would you proceed with that limitation?

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9260846)
so, as a hypothetical, let's say the Chiefs aren't going to draft smith (for whatever reason)....how would that change your draft...or how would you proceed with that limitation?

I find that scenario so implausible that it goes beyond the realm of even the hypothetical into the absurd.

jd1020 12-31-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9260846)

Seems like an easy solution to me...

- Geno Smith

+ Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9261836)

- Geno Smith

+ Tyler Wilson

Fixed.

the Talking Can 01-01-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9261836)

- Geno Smith

+ Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley

yeah, it's not as interesting a question as it seemed when i was high...

Saccopoo 01-01-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9263672)
yeah, it's not as interesting a question as it seemed when i was high...

ROFL

I really don't see another option other than Geno.

However, here's a hypothetical:

I believe that Alex Smith is going to be the major veteran QB acquisition this off-season for teams thinking that they need a guy sooner rather than later or that don't feel that the talent level is available in the draft equal to what Smith offers.

He's got a two years left on a three year deal worth $24 million that has $7.5 million on it for 2013 & 2014. Bonus aren't anything to worry about. It's not a ridiculous contract for a starting QB who was leading the league in completion percentage and QB rating in 2012. He won't stretch the field but he's an accurate short and mid guy who is capable of spreading it around quickly. Good athlete as well.

Arizona
NY Jets
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Cleveland
Kansas City

Would have to be considered as teams that will take a look at Smith.

If the Chiefs went that route, and kept the 34 defensive alignment that they are currently set up to run and they have to keep the pick, my mock would potentially look like this:

1. Dee Milliner, CB; Alabama
2. Justin Hunter, WR; Tennessee
3. Lance Jones, QB; Oklahoma
4. Margus Hunt, DE; SMU
5. Kiko Alonso, ILB; Oregon
6. Michael Williams, TE; Alabama
7. Brad McDougald, S; Kansas

whoman69 01-01-2013 02:15 PM

Chiefs have gotten the plug in QB for their entire history. It needs to stop.

Saccopoo 01-01-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9264565)
Chiefs have gotten the plug in QB for their entire history. It needs to stop.

1,000,000,000% agree.

the Talking Can 01-01-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9263985)
ROFL

I really don't see another option other than Geno.

However, here's a hypothetical:

I believe that Alex Smith is going to be the major veteran QB acquisition this off-season for teams thinking that they need a guy sooner rather than later or that don't feel that the talent level is available in the draft equal to what Smith offers.

He's got a two years left on a three year deal worth $24 million that has $7.5 million on it for 2013 & 2014. Bonus aren't anything to worry about. It's not a ridiculous contract for a starting QB who was leading the league in completion percentage and QB rating in 2012. He won't stretch the field but he's an accurate short and mid guy who is capable of spreading it around quickly. Good athlete as well.

Arizona
NY Jets
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Cleveland
Kansas City

Would have to be considered as teams that will take a look at Smith.

If the Chiefs went that route, and kept the 34 defensive alignment that they are currently set up to run and they have to keep the pick, my mock would potentially look like this:

1. Dee Milliner, CB; Alabama
2. Justin Hunter, WR; Tennessee
3. Lance Jones, QB; Oklahoma
4. Margus Hunt, DE; SMU
5. Kiko Alonso, ILB; Oregon
6. Michael Williams, TE; Alabama
7. Brad McDougald, S; Kansas

yeah, i was trying to tease out - i think - if you'd just take the next 'best' QB (say, wilson)...trade down, keep the pick and draft QB in the 2nd...etc.

smith and jones would depress the hell out of me

Saccopoo 01-01-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9265195)
yeah, i was trying to tease out - i think - if you'd just take the next 'best' QB (say, wilson)...trade down, keep the pick and draft QB in the 2nd...etc.

smith and jones would depress the hell out of me

Personally, I think that it's nearly mandatory that the Chiefs pursue Jason Campbell and I'd make sure that I kept Jim Zorn around as QB coach. Campbell had his best performances as a pro under Zorn. I think he's at the point in his career that he'd be willing to work as a #2 guy and I think he'd been exemplary in that role, especially an offense that was geared around Geno Smith.

And you could get him a lot cheaper than Smith's 7.5 million dollar salary.

And while Wilson is good, I'd be a little scared to draft him in the first round due to his injury history as well as his somewhat erratic performance this season. The concussions scare the hell out of me, especially when this guy is going to be the teams QBOTF. And he's basically the same guy as Geno (size, tough guy, got a little fire in him, good arm, etc.) and I think that Geno has better touch, delivery, accuracy and awareness. (Wilson takes some huge hits in the pocket a lot.)

And there isn't a defensive player or skill position offensive guy (LT, WR, RB) that is as good at their position as Geno is at his.

No, it's Geno and it's not close.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 10:42 AM

Newly updated to reflect the near guaranteed move up the charts by Stedman Bailey, who most likely won't be available with the Chiefs fourth round pick.

Kruger gets the fourth round nod as Dorsey is most likely gone and Jackson has been less than stellar. As well Pit and Bailey haven't shown much over the 2012 season for the Chiefs. Kruger has the bloodlines, size, drive and skill.

Also re-added Blaize Foltz as the seventh rounder with the retirement of Lilja and the lack of progress by Asamoah and Allen during the 2012 season. Foltz is a beast and struggled with injuries the past two seasons, but when healthy, he can take over the point of attack.

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2013 11:01 PM

Well it certainly addresses our positions of need, in the order I would if all things are equal.

royr17 01-14-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9086108)
I'm projecting two third rounders for the Chiefs because of the Carr compensation.

1. Geno Smith, QB; WVU: 6'3", 225 lbs.

- Big arm with excellent ball placement. Prototype size. Superb pocket presence and accuracy. Exceptionally quick release with a high release point. Smart with excellent field vision. Smith has all the tools one looks for in a NFL franchise quarterback. WVU has lost three in a row and has the worst defense in D1 college football, but Geno is still the same guy he's been the past two and a half years as the Mountaineers starting QB.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2011/1006/n...ith_bl_600.jpg

2. David Amerson, CB; NC State: 6'2", 195 lbs.

- Many considered Amerson as the top cornerback prospect entering the 2012 season. He had a couple bad games early and has dropped a bit. However, he's still tied for fourth nationally in interceptions and has superb size with excellent ball skills.

http://www.thedenradio.com/wp-conten...11/clemson.jpg

3. Phillip Thomas, S; Fresno State: 6'1", 215 lbs.

- Finished the season as everyone's first team All-American (the only non-BCS conference player on all five official All-American lists)after leading the country in interceptions (8) and interceptions returned for touchdowns (3) to go along with a number of forced fumbles, passes defensed, tackles for loss...you know, the whole enchilada. Not a one year wonder either as he's put up very good numbers his entire career. He'll be overshadowed in the draft by players like Rambo, McDonald, Lester and Reid, but Thomas is the real deal.

http://sicollegefootball.files.wordp...ip-thomas.jpeg

3. Shane Skov, ILB; Stanford: 6'3", 251 lbs.

- Could functionally play any of the linebacking positions in either a 34 or 43. Stanford's leading tackler for two straight years. A former five star prep recruit with a nose for the ball. A blown ACL in 2011 and a DUI arrrest in 2012 as well as MLB position will drop him in the draft. If he's there with this pick, it's would be a nice little coup for the Chiefs.

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/299...yneSkov300.jpg

4. Joe Kruger, DE/DT; Utah: 6'7", 280 lbs.

- The younger brother of Ravens DE/LB Paul, Joe is a physically bigger version of him. A workout warrior with a nose for the ball and a nasty streak, he'll play through the whistle. Led the Utes in sacks in 2012. Big frame and good athleticism. Anyone wanting SMU's Margus Hunt, this is a more polished, more experienced version that's been well coached and played against top level competition. Plays a lot like current Denver Bronco Derek Wolfe.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...e74zo1_500.jpg

5. Brad Sorensen, QB; Southern Utah: 6'4", 235 lbs.

- Sorensen, a three year starter for the Thunderbirds, is a three time First Team All-Conference selection and holder of every single school passing record but two. He has a cannon for an arm (might be the strongest arm in the entire draft class) coupled with good accuracy and very good pocket awareness along with a natural poise for the position. He'll need to get coached up and become acclimated to the speed of the game after playing in the FCS level, but he's got all the tools to be a very good NFL level prospect.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.co...0919151044.jpg

6. Michael Williams, TE; Alabama: 6'5", 278 lbs.

- A huge tight end with soft hands. Punishing in the run game. Will be interesting to see where he ends up in the draft. Could go high, but most likely will be available in the later rounds as he doesn't have the speed and versatility to be more than a blocker and red zone threat - but he should excel at both of those chores.

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/ph...2757-large.jpg

7. Blaize Foltz, OG; TCU: 6'4", 310 lbs.

- Even though Foltz was hampered by an ankle problem he was still voted 2nd Team All-Big 12. He possesses immense strength (Foltz can bench 580 lbs. and squat 800 lbs.) and can simply dominate the point of attack. Team leader with noted excellent work ethic, the Rose Hill, Kansas native already has his degree. Will participate in the 2013 East-West Shrine Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/images/coll...ize_Foltz.jpeg

Nice draft, there may be 2 extra picks for the chiefs from losing brandon carr (3rd round comp pick) and barry richardson (7th round comp pick) who would you select with those 2 picks ?

htismaqe 01-14-2013 09:43 AM

This is the best mock draft you've ever done.

royr17 01-14-2013 09:46 AM

Shayne Skov is returning to Stanford for his Senior year.

http://www.mercurynews.com/stanford-...rning-stanford

Sorter 01-14-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 9316873)

well, ****.

aturnis 01-14-2013 06:19 PM

No WR?

Saccopoo 01-14-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 9316873)

Balls.

Goddammit. I really wanted him as a Chief this next year. He's looking for first round money obviously.

Redo.

Saccopoo 01-14-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9318663)
No WR?

I thought about it, but with Baldwin, Breaston, Wylie, McCluster and Hemingway (who I really like and hope he gets a legitimate look in Reid's offense and reps this next summer) all under contract and Bowe probably staying in Kansas City (especially with Reid and a new QB), I don't see the need for another draft pick at the WR position.

If they pick up a comp pick in the later rounds (and a guy like Utah's DeVonte Christopher, who is a Breaston clone or Arizona's Dan Buckner would be ideal), then sure, but right now it's not the biggest position of need on the roster.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 04:09 PM

Change from Skov to Bostic at the ILB position.

Both very similar in playing style, build.

Saccopoo 01-21-2013 10:37 AM

Added a seventh rounder for a comp pick for Richardson. (Though, that we get anything from him - a used jock, a worn hockey puck, etc., is going to be a bonus.)

CaliforniaChief 01-23-2013 12:08 AM

What do you think of AJ Klein at MLB?

KCrockaholic 01-23-2013 02:35 AM

This is gonna sound weird... But Geno has a long "fate" line on his hand.

Nightfyre 01-23-2013 10:32 AM

Geno has big hands? That's good.

Saccopoo 01-24-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9343450)
What do you think of AJ Klein at MLB?

Honestly?

A good special teams guy.

He's not thick enough or fast enough to play starter in the NFL.

Probably better at a MLB in a 43, and most likely not quick enough to play that position.

A guy has to be very special in terms of instinct to play that, a guy like Laurinaitis for the Rams, but I don't see that in Klein.

Later rounds guy who will make it at the next level on special teams. That's about it.

Saccopoo 01-24-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9343599)
This is gonna sound weird... But Geno has a long "fate" line on his hand.

http://parrotsgrl.files.wordpress.co...-mans-palm.jpg

http://hardcoreharry.files.wordpress.../06/palm_1.jpg

http://pickuplabs.com/blog/wp-conten...-reading-8.jpg

Saccopoo 01-28-2013 03:36 PM

No change for this list for the Senior Bowl this past week.

O.city 01-28-2013 10:35 PM

What are you guys opinion of Wreh-Wilson?

CoMoChief 01-29-2013 07:05 AM

love that draft

****IN 10!!!! A ****IN 10!!!

Instead of Sorenson, I'd draft RB Marcus Lattimore. Think his inj would make him drop that far?

Saccopoo 02-03-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9360945)
love that draft

****IN 10!!!! A ****IN 10!!!

Instead of Sorenson, I'd draft RB Marcus Lattimore. Think his inj would make him drop that far?

Probably not. But I think I'd rather have a developmental QB with potential than a RB coming off a knee injury like Lattimore is. Running backs are cheap and we really haven't seen what a guy like Cyrus Gray can do either.

Saccopoo 03-05-2013 12:44 AM

Changes forthcoming...

KChiefs1 03-05-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9466113)
Changes forthcoming...

I'm ready....

Saccopoo 03-08-2013 09:47 AM

Modified for the Alex Smith trade/post combine.

buddha 03-08-2013 10:37 AM

Love your mock, Sac. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Saccopoo 03-18-2013 09:26 PM

New mock for the just announced compensatory picks.

Direckshun 03-18-2013 10:21 PM

You're misinformed on Kruger.

Kruger is actually 6'6", 269 lbs. That's eleven pounds lighter than you list him, and that's over twenty pounds lighter than the DT you compare him to, Derek Wolfe.

Kruger is a tweener in our defense, and probably doesn't belong on it.

Saccopoo 03-19-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9512613)
You're misinformed on Kruger.

Kruger is actually 6'6", 269 lbs. That's eleven pounds lighter than you list him, and that's over twenty pounds lighter than the DT you compare him to, Derek Wolfe.

Kruger is a tweener in our defense, and probably doesn't belong on it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Kruger is a couple of Sunday dinners away from 300 lbs. He's got a big frame and isn't anywhere close to maxed out.

And he played at about 280 during the year. He dropped weight to run a better 40 at the combine.

From NFL.com:

Quote:

Bottom Line
Kruger has an great frame, and is highly athletic and powerful. His technique is raw, and he needs to work on improving his pad level, but he has plenty of upside as a 34 defensive end. Kruger will likely be selected within the first 100 picks.

Direckshun 03-19-2013 06:14 AM

Have you watched Malliciah Goodman, at all?

Guy has ridiculous measurables. All right right stuff that translates to the field -- kinda blah on the field, though. Wonder how he'd translate to the NFL as a 3-4 DE.